IGNORED

Sheff Utd, Burnley & Luton

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Luton, Sheffield Utd and Burnley all coming back and some previously big names coming up from League One. It's going to be a tough one again.

Easy top 6 I heard.

And some very low points totals will keep two teams that have cheated the system up.

Tie it in with a tussle at the top between an insufferable trio, 115 charges still hanging over the head of the darlings from Moss Side, the aforesaid PSR cases, failing to block the Football Governance Bill being tabled, and a pretty dire Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs still somehow looking at finishing high up. 

It's really been a pretty shitty season for The Football Association Premier League Ltd.

Oh well, how sad. Anyway...

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

They are the weakest trio of the yo yo parachute teams. I can see strengthening Champ teams like Coventry, Boro taking advantage next season 

I do feel that it will be Boro`s time sometime soon. So many seasons of close but no cigar they will surely get it right one season.

Shef Utd have been embarrassing. Burnley showed some fight. Luton have surprised the most as we all thought they be relegated by match week 3! Funny thing about that is I can see Shef Utd doing the best out of the three of them next season.

I do think all three of them recruited last summer with an eye on being back in the championship next season. Ross Barkley has proved he is capable of playing at this level still. Can see him being back at Everton next season. I don’t think anyone will be queuing up to sign many others from them though. Doughty maybe if someone is after a left back/wing back.

1 minute ago, formerly known as ivan said:

Shef Utd have been embarrassing. Burnley showed some fight. Luton have surprised the most as we all thought they be relegated by match week 3! Funny thing about that is I can see Shef Utd doing the best out of the three of them next season.

I do think all three of them recruited last summer with an eye on being back in the championship next season. Ross Barkley has proved he is capable of playing at this level still. Can see him being back at Everton next season. I don’t think anyone will be queuing up to sign many others from them though. Doughty maybe if someone is after a left back/wing back.

@Davefevssays `Is Cauley Woodrow worth a shout?`......................................................

Hopefully there will be lots more points deductions next season for some of the existing PL clubs. It'll be the only thing that keeps that league interesting. Adds a little spice and gives newly promoted sides a slender bit hope of staying up.

Bit like Super Mario kart with the Mystery Blocks 🤣

Edited by Loco Rojo

When you look at the league for next season there don`t look to be too many `easy` games:

Burnley, Blades, Luton, three from Saints/Norwich/Leeds/Baggies, Sunderland, Boro, Cov, Stoke, PNE, Argyle, Swans, Cardiff, Pompey, Derby, Bolton/Oxford, Watford, QPR, Owls, Hull, Millwall, Blackburn and us.

Looks pretty strong and scary to me!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I do feel that it will be Boro`s time sometime soon. So many seasons of close but no cigar they will surely get it right one season.

It would have been Boro,s time this season

if i had not up a bet on them going up!!!!

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, maxjak said:

So pissed off that Forest somehow stayed up......by default, rather than their own efforts.   I can see them coming down next season...and will definitely   be having  a bet on it.

Why by default?

I’ve said a few times about Burnley - their recruitment in the summer was bonkers. They didn’t make most of the loanees permanent and just seemed to want to make a signing a week to get engagement on Twitter with a shite video. Essentially they were starting with a new team and a rookie goalkeeper. It was insane.

The teams (without money) that go up and do well are those with continuity (see Brentford, and going back Reading, Ipswich, Sunderland). Luton have been strongest as they didn’t change too much. Sheffield United were bum last season and this.

Burnley was chronic mismanagement.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

And some very low points totals will keep two teams that have cheated the system up.

Tie it in with a tussle at the top between an insufferable trio, 115 charges still hanging over the head of the darlings from Moss Side, the aforesaid PSR cases, failing to block the Football Governance Bill being tabled, and a pretty dire Man Utd, Chelsea, and Spurs still somehow looking at finishing high up. 

It's really been a pretty shitty season for The Football Association Premier League Ltd.

Oh well, how sad. Anyway...

Best league in the world!

2 minutes ago, fgrsimon said:

I'm guessing Luton will be putting most of the money towards the new stadium? 

They were aiming to build it anyway irrespective of promotion so presumably had the necessary finance but obviously this season will have made things a lot easier and could well save a shedload of interest!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Straight up straight down just adds to the farce of the PL. 

Man City win the league yet again, Leicester & 1 of Leeds & Southampton go back up.

Really unpredictable, isn’t it?

• Sad 1