IGNORED

Chris Roberts

sephjnr

Yes, he looked (sort of) OK with the odd pass but he just simply cannot compete 1-on-1 with a defender. He has neither the pace nor the muscle to be a winger. And yet when Scott Murray comes on for Tinnion, Instead of going up-front for hi s natural position, HE GOES ON THE OTHER WING. WTF.

Otherwise, our finishing has always sucked but it REALLY, REALLY showed today. Two free-kick shots at goal and both of them go in the guts of the wall. And I'm starting to think that Leroy Lita is definitely not a 90-minute man either.

Guest Neilio
Yes, he looked (sort of) OK with the odd pass but he just simply cannot compete 1-on-1 with a defender. He has neither the pace nor the muscle to be a winger. And yet when Scott Murray comes on for Tinnion, Instead of going up-front for hi s natural position, HE GOES ON THE OTHER WING. WTF.

Otherwise, our finishing has always sucked but it REALLY, REALLY showed today. Two free-kick shots at goal and both of them go in the guts of the wall. And I'm starting to think that Leroy Lita is definitely not a 90-minute man either.

Murrays natural posistion is a striker?

Guest Neilio
get with it, he's talking about Roberts

I'm so Sorry when there is a full stop silly ole me thought it was a new sentance and Scott Murray was said to come on for tins and play on the other wing when it isn't his natural posistion. Iv read it about 10 times and still think Murray every time...

Dear Dear Dear...

I was waiting for this to happen, lets all jump on the ROBERTS IS #### wagon. It seems to be when he scores we love him but when we lose(AND EVERYONE PLAYS BAD) you all single out roberts. Just accept that there are 11 men on that pitch and everyone has to take the blame not just 1. :grr:

I was waiting for this to happen, lets all jump on the ROBERTS IS #### wagon. It seems to be when he scores we love him but when we lose(AND EVERYONE PLAYS BAD) you all single out roberts. Just accept that there are 11 men on that pitch and everyone has to take the blame not just 1. :grr:

And there was me being rational for a second... Yes, we were all to blame, and In my OPINION Roberts was left wanting more than some and less than others.

Its not his fault he swapped sides, it was the managers, and Robbo is good, he is even better in front of Murray..!

Roberts was doing all the work upfront on his own today, Miller and Lita both did sod all apart from mindlessly graze the middle by their box, knowing they were getting sod all service yet neither of them really bothered to drop back, leaving Robbo to provide the width on the Left and Right, where he was doing a far better job than Murray did when he came on. Robbo was beating players, Murray couldn't even beat their number 2 who had less pace than Miller.

Guest MaloneFM

Here is a public health announcement.

Wardie the 2nd is the author of the Christian Roberts website called Christianity18.

Its bloody bloody awful and is full of 'Robbo related fun'. Therefore any postings by this mentalist should be treated with the sympathy reserved for someone with dillusional problems.

Such as 'of course you are a 1st division manager Mr Holloway'.

Wardie thinks Roberts had a good game today.

Enough said. :grr:

had a good 20 minutes spell after the break. head went down when murray stripped off. i dont understand why he switched wings either, but Tinman wouldnt put him there if he thought he coulnt do a job for us.

Like Wilson wouldn't have put him on the right wing last season if he didn't think he could do a job for us!?!

Wardie the 2nd is the author of the Christian Roberts website called Christianity18.

Its bloody bloody awful and is full of 'Robbo related fun'. Therefore any postings by this mentalist should be treated with the sympathy reserved for someone with dillusional problems.

Enough said.  :grr:

Wardie's right as most of the other postings on this thread would seem to confirm.

Roberts was the only City forward to go past defenders and caused far more problems for the Swindon defence than Lita, Miller or Murray.

If you really can't give any credit for that then obviously your personal dislike of Robbo clouds your judgement to such an extent that your contribution to the debate is tiresomely worthless.

You probably will agree though that Doherty had an absolute nightmare first half with misplaced short passes, long through balls going out for goal-kicks and underhit set-pieces meaning he certainly couldn't have complained if he'd been subbed but for the last-minute goal.

• Admin

Enough said.  :grr:

Whereas....

You HATE Roberts and openly admit to "heckling" him when he is within earshot.

Having said this you think he was shíte today.

Enough said :grr:

Chris Roberts has more power, pace and ability than any of our forwards. Play him as a winger (which he is not) and what do you expect? Danny Wilson saw the results of that lasy year. Put him back in central attack for the full 90 minutes and he will deliver.

I suspect if you put Tony Butler in as centre forward he would be found wanting! I don't here to many critics of his defending though.

Right player, right position, right result.

Roberst must always play central attack, starting the game until proved otherwise!

PS By the way he's got two good feet which is more than can be said for the rest of the team.

Chris Roberts has more power, pace and ability than any of our forwards.  Play him as a winger (which he is not) and what do you expect?  Danny Wilson saw the results of that lasy year.  Put him back in central attack for the full 90 minutes and he will deliver.

I suspect if you put Tony Butler in as centre forward he would be found wanting!  I don't here to many critics of his defending though.

Right player, right position, right result.

Roberst must always play central attack, starting the game until proved otherwise!

PS By the way he's got two good feet which is more than can be said for the rest of the team.

And I see nothing to disagree with here....This club has never given the boy a decent chance or any credit and all some people on here do is attack him he nearly got us promoted when we were bloody B***lcks during the home stretch last season weighing in with vital goals but all some people wanna talk about are the ones he misses....

AT THE MOMENT WE ARE RUBBISH AND THAT IS NOT ROBERTS FAULT GEDDIT'

We are unable to create chances we dont compete enough in midfield and we give away stupid goals from deadballs whilst not threatening from them ourselves and guess what that was exactly the same as last season....last week we conceded a goal by losing a marker at a corner compounded by more deadball fiascos yesterday... we get beat in the air and we get muscled out in our own box ......when I've mentioned this before some pleb starts going on about how we dont want to play a team of weightlifters!!!?...Roberts is a Fing striker play him as one... and we need to start playing as though we want to win not as if we believe the pre-season publicity that we are going to run away with it

Archived