IGNORED

A Message from Nige to otib

What a wonderful thread, thanks for sharing.  It's awesome to have a former manager who the fanbase rate so highly, and we can reflect on his time as crucial for the Championship development of the club.  Hopefully he will return to watch a few games.

Also, I'm a devout tea drinker but now I really want to try one of his cups of coffee!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1

• Admin
13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i had the pleasure of meeting up with Nige tonight for an hour or so.

a few people on here know ive been in regular contact with him and i passed on their well wishes in a card some people have seen.

he has asked me to thank everyone for their well wishes and also asked me to thank everybody on here for their kind thoughts and comments over the past 6 months.

things will be much easier for me now knowing i dont have to keep it a secret. it was a remarkable experience and a friendship i am going to treasure.

he told me he understands why i dont want to go back but says it will always be our club and perhaps my feelings will pass in time but i must keep supporting Liam and the team.

im not repeating any of our conversation so please dont ask but i will say he holds Liam in high regard and wishes him every success. so again i will repeat as he did

THANKYOU EVERYBODY  from Nige.

I would be interested to know how long you have supported City for you to feel so strongly that you don't want to go back?

Are you really saying you will only consider coming back because Nigel told you to do so?

So what are you going to do on a Saturday afternoon now?

• Admin
11 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Thanks for posting this. 
Like most people on here I was shocked and disappointed when he was sacked. 
Nice touch asking us to get behind Manning. 
I wish him (Nige) well - and I DO support Liam and this is no way a criticism of him. I just don’t like the manner of his appointment - like I didn’t like the manner of Deano’s either. 

I think we can all completely agree with the sentiment above, perhaps now it is the end of the season everyone can put this firmly behind us, and all unite in getting  behind Liam and his team? 

• Robin 5

13 hours ago, redsquirrel said:

i had the pleasure of meeting up with Nige tonight for an hour or so.

a few people on here know ive been in regular contact with him and i passed on their well wishes in a card some people have seen.

he has asked me to thank everyone for their well wishes and also asked me to thank everybody on here for their kind thoughts and comments over the past 6 months.

things will be much easier for me now knowing i dont have to keep it a secret. it was a remarkable experience and a friendship i am going to treasure.

he told me he understands why i dont want to go back but says it will always be our club and perhaps my feelings will pass in time but i must keep supporting Liam and the team.

im not repeating any of our conversation so please dont ask but i will say he holds Liam in high regard and wishes him every success. so again i will repeat as he did

THANKYOU EVERYBODY  from Nige.

The bloke really is a classy guy isn't he

• Flames 1

Their are not many managers/coaches that had the fans up in arms when they were sacked.But Nigel is such a man. As you can see from this tread, still loved and respected as a manager and a man. It was good to see him on Sky the other week and enjoyed watching him with big Sam He touched on his sacking and will tell more when the time is right. All i can say is i am sadend by the way he was treated by the Lansdowns and will never forgive them. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 2

59 minutes ago, phantom said:

I think we can all completely agree with the sentiment above, perhaps now it is the end of the season everyone can put this firmly behind us, and all unite in getting  behind Liam and his team? 

I got nothing against Liam. I’ve chosen not to renew because of the lansdowns , the way they acted over Pearson’s sacking & the total contempt they have for us . Thanks to @redsquirrel for starting this thread . Hope Nige gets back in the game when he’s ready . 

• Like 9
  • Flames 4

• Admin
31 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I got nothing against Liam. I’ve chosen not to renew because of the lansdowns , the way they acted over Pearson’s sacking & the total contempt they have for us . Thanks to @redsquirrel for starting this thread . Hope Nige gets back in the game when he’s ready . 

Very valid and thank you for the honest reply

All I would say is this isn't the first time we have felt like this and sadly may not be the last, you will be around Bristol City a lot longer than those in power, it would be a shame for you to miss out because of them

• Like 3

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Can understand your point and in a way it has to be put to bed. On the other hand, we shouldn’t simply forgive and  forge. If things do not go well we should hold Tinnion and Lansdown to account. I really want to see a strong message sent to both if Manning ends up with the sack this coming season or if we struggle to push on.

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

Like so many on here I admire Pearson.

Seems like a tough-love guy who speaks openly and honestly and practices what he preaches.

Glad to hear the positive feedback from you Red Squirrel.

At Leicester, Pearson laid strong foundations for Ranieri and the club’s unexpected Premiership title, and this has been widely acknowledged.

He may well have done the same here for Manning.

We have waited a long time for a breath-taking, memorable, successful season. And, we deserve it (only because I say so).

Let’s hope Manning delivers it in the coming season and that Pearson’s contribution is never overlooked or forgotten.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, phantom said:

All I would say is this isn't the first time we have felt like this and sadly may not be the last, you will be around Bristol City a lot longer than those in power, it would be a shame for you to miss out because of them

no it isnt the first time and it gets harder to accept every time.

ive already said in other threads i intend to do some away games instead, you have said its a shame to miss out, i was told the same last night but Nige fully understands why i dont want to go to AG until the ownership changes.

as for how long have i been going, my first game was chelsea either 69 or 70,round about then,evening match with my grandfather. i stood on a wooden box in the bottom sort of corner of the williams/open end where the invalid buggies parked, id guess it was part of the open end.i was only 5 or 6 years and cant remember exactly but i did cop a whack in the ear from a wayward chris garland? cross

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Like 6
  • Robin 6

7 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He is  one of very few men who work for the greater good and not the good of his reputation. 
Genuine, generous and intelligent . He is a big loss for the club and that is what makes his sacking so hard to swallow. 
He may not be the best coach or best manager but he dragged this club kicking and screaming to a level where we could dream of achieving something other than perpetual mediocrity and being Bristol Cosy FC , the rest home for footballers. 
Everyone, apart from the synts at the top , loved how he made them feel. 
I have never experienced , in more than fifty years of supporting the club, a person so motivating and empowering. 
A golden opportunity has been flushed down the toilet but the new coach has a fantastic platform to work from. I wish Manning the best of luck in his stint here however find him difficult to warm to. 

Post of the year so far!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 2

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Post of the year so far!!

I used to work with a Project Manager, who was always labelled as a “safe pair of hands”.  But it was always meant negatively.

I challenged someone in the management team why they always knocked the person down against their peers.  I said you use the term negatively when you’d give he any complexity of project to run, knowing they’ll deliver it with no fuss.  Yet someone else who you rate higher you’ve admitted would never be give a complex project that you’d give to “safe pair of hands”, because they couldn’t handle it.

Nige’s rebuild here made me think of the Project Manager..

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

We have waited a long time for a breath-taking, memorable, successful season. And, we deserve it (only because I say so).

Oh no way! To paraphrase BT, I've been here for over 62 years.....

And I'm ENTITLED!!

(Not including the first division days which, were much longer back in time than BT has been with the club)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, phantom said:

I know but I’ve just lost the football bug because of it . I’ll always be a city fan & will go back when I’ve had a bit of a break . The club just seemed with Gould & nige in charge we were in good hands & I thought we were building again . We then get another CEO who seemed the right fit , only for **** ups from above again . One step forward & two back all the time with them in charge. 

• Like 7
  • Flames 4

Good to hear. I hope he’s doing well. I think we’ll all eventually look back fondly on his time here and appreciate the job he did. Hopefully Liam and his team can carry on with that. 

It made me remember a couple of behind the scenes videos of his time at Watford. The man commands respect from all around him. I’m sure he got that here too, mostly. 

• Like 1

Some great posts on this thread and thank you @redsquirrel for a brilliant OP. I think Nige will always have a special place in most City fans hearts and he’ll be recognised for what he did from the starting position he inherited. His comment about Manning and the team is typical of the class of the man. 

So is it now “Nigel says, get behind the team?!”. 

In all seriousness, excellent to read this thread. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I know but I’ve just lost the football bug because of it . I’ll always be a city fan & will go back when I’ve had a bit of a break . The club just seemed with Gould & nige in charge we were in good hands & I thought we were building again . We then get another CEO who seemed the right fit , only for **** ups from above again . One step forward & two back all the time with them in charge. 

Absolutely agree and I don't think it's going to change. Every season repeats itself it's the same old same old.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Their are not many managers/coaches that had the fans up in arms when they were sacked.But Nigel is such a man. As you can see from this tread, still loved and respected as a manager and a man. It was good to see him on Sky the other week and enjoyed watching him with big Sam He touched on his sacking and will tell more when the time is right. All i can say is i am sadend by the way he was treated by the Lansdowns and will never forgive them. 

Totally agree.  

I still believe we had the right man in Nigel Pearson, but are here now and Liam Manning had nothing to do with NP’s sacking, so he has my support.

On the other hand, while I support the club and LM, I’m completely done with the Lansdowns and I now view them with total contempt and can’t see that ever changing now.

Nige has shown his class throughout this sorry episode, while the Lansdowns and Sid have been the complete opposite.  

• Like 8
  • Flames 4

15 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

He is  one of very few men who work for the greater good and not the good of his reputation. 
Genuine, generous and intelligent . He is a big loss for the club and that is what makes his sacking so hard to swallow. 
He may not be the best coach or best manager but he dragged this club kicking and screaming to a level where we could dream of achieving something other than perpetual mediocrity and being Bristol Cosy FC , the rest home for footballers. 
Everyone, apart from the synts at the top , loved how he made them feel. 
I have never experienced , in more than fifty years of supporting the club, a person so motivating and empowering. 
A golden opportunity has been flushed down the toilet but the new coach has a fantastic platform to work from. I wish Manning the best of luck in his stint here however find him difficult to warm to. 

Right on the mark, Sir 👏

• Like 2

thankyou everybody for making this a remarkable thread, im seeing Nige again before he leaves later in the week and will point him in the direction of these pages. i dont know if he will read it but i do know if he says he will look later,he means it.   classy otib at its very best:clap::clap:

p.s. it has also meant a great deal to me to be able to say thankyou on behalf of everyone,  

it might not mean as much as a public acknowledgement but knowing him as i do now, think it will actually mean more.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3
  • Robin 2

12 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Come back @steviestevieneville because this life is a one time experience.

You can never recover what has already passed and never get a second chance. So keep coming til you cannot.

• Like 1
  • Robin 2

30 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

thankyou everybody for making this a remarkable thread, im seeing Nige again before he leaves later in the week and will point him in the direction of these pages. i dont know if he will read it but i do know if he says he will look later,he means it. 

Alright Nige?      🙂👍