IGNORED

A Message from Nige to otib

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

thankyou everybody for making this a remarkable thread, im seeing Nige again before he leaves later in the week and will point him in the direction of these pages. i dont know if he will read it but i do know if he says he will look later,he means it.   classy otib at its very best:clap::clap:

p.s. it has also meant a great deal to me to be able to say thankyou on behalf of everyone,  

it might not mean as much as a public acknowledgement but knowing him as i do now, think it will actually mean more.

Thanks for everything you’ve done too Squirrel 👏👏.  

The disgusting and disrespectful way Nige was treated has left a really bad taste.   It’s been comforting to know that at least Nige is aware there are a large number of fans who fully support him and are grateful for what he’s done for the club in really tough circumstances.

With your invaluable help and efforts, he well knows he had infinitely more support from our fanbase than from those clowns running this club.

Top job matey 👍

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 2

Thank you @redsquirrel for this, Am I jealous true right I am 😂 Just kidding shows what a man he is and absolutely graceful for the hard work he achieved at city especially giving our players the confidence to move forward.Im still livid about what happened and my feelings towards the owners haven't changed one bit. We need a new direction without doubt. A manager that has more experience in football than Steve Jon and tinman put together. Once again cheers Nige 👍

• Like 6

I don't think I've ever seen a reaction like this to a City manager being sacked. Genuinely most of us could see what he was doing, was right behind him and the team and were happy to show the rarest of commodities from a football fan - patience. That's because we could see what was being built and against what restraints he was working with. 

The closest I can put to it was probably GJ leaving. Got us within a whisker of the PL but I think the general acceptance was it was the right time to move on. Cotts I will admire and respect forever but he was taking us down that season (without funds from the board I'll add). 

Side question, does anyone remember the last time we had a manager poached from us? Was it P*lis?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

I know but I’ve just lost the football bug because of it . I’ll always be a city fan & will go back when I’ve had a bit of a break . The club just seemed with Gould & nige in charge we were in good hands & I thought we were building again . We then get another CEO who seemed the right fit , only for **** ups from above again . One step forward & two back all the time with them in charge. 

I completely get this.

NP, Gould- Tinnion in his correct position to the current flux.

At best we can say they seem intent on doing things the hard way..to add to your post, I have big doubts about (seemingly) them not pushing harder to keep James, the lack of King coaching potential- for context Ipswich reportedly were looking to keep Aluko on post retirement in some capacity and King is far better qualified for this on many levels.

There are some fundamental flaws in respect of the Lansdowns and Tinnion. Unsure what to make of Marshall and Rawcliffe either, the former seems to he spread thin if he is a Group CEO.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2
  • Flames 1

41 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I completely get this.

NP, Gould- Tinnion in his correct position to the current flux.

At best we can say they seem intent on doing things the hard way..to add to your post, I have big doubts about (seemingly) them not pushing harder to keep James, the lack of King coaching potential- for context Ipswich reportedly were looking to keep Aluko on post retirement in some capacity and King is far better qualified for this on many levels.

There are some fundamental flaws in respect of the Lansdowns and Tinnion. Unsure what to make of Marshall and Rawcliffe either, the former seems to he spread thin if he is a Group CEO.

Because they want to do it the 'pure' way. 

The only premier league experience we now have is Wells and I'd say he's on the list of players we'd like to dispose of too. 

• Flames 1

On 13/05/2024 at 22:02, redsquirrel said:

i had the pleasure of meeting up with Nige tonight for an hour or so.

a few people on here know ive been in regular contact with him and i passed on their well wishes in a card some people have seen.

he has asked me to thank everyone for their well wishes and also asked me to thank everybody on here for their kind thoughts and comments over the past 6 months.

things will be much easier for me now knowing i dont have to keep it a secret. it was a remarkable experience and a friendship i am going to treasure.

he told me he understands why i dont want to go back but says it will always be our club and perhaps my feelings will pass in time but i must keep supporting Liam and the team.

im not repeating any of our conversation so please dont ask but i will say he holds Liam in high regard and wishes him every success. so again i will repeat as he did

THANKYOU EVERYBODY  from Nige.

Thanks for sharing this redsquirrel.

I don't think there's ever been the same level of support for any City manager who's been sacked. I think everybody is still reeling about the manner in which he was dealt with. Most could see what he was building.  Its a measure of the man to suggest to keep supporting the new coach.

Unlike a lot of football fans, I think we are very patient and supportive, so his sacking really was/still is quite a shock. Its comforting to know that he appreciates the support he has from the fanbase.

Good luck for the future Nige, you'll always be welcome here.

• Like 3
  • Flames 2

• The topic was locked