IGNORED

Spurs v Man City

Super

4 hours ago, Super said:

Pretty much a title decider tonight. Spurs fans seem to be happy to lose tonight and not hand the title to Arsenal. Sure we would be the same wouldn't we if it was our main rivals?

I know a lot of Spurs fans and they all want to lose. They cannot bear the thought of Woolwich (as they call them) winning the league. You only have to look at Piers Morgan profile to see what Arsenal fans can be like! Here’s hoping for Man C to do it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Journalist said:

Ideal result tonight is a draw, not a Spurs win.

The final day then becomes a shootout for who can score more in their respective fixtures.

Arsenal would be three goals ahead but City two ahead on goals scored in that scenario. So Man City would need to better Arsenal by 3 goals, not impossible as Everton are very good defensively. So if the Gunners win 2.0 and City win 5.0, City win on goals scored. Level on goals scored would mean Arsenal win title on head to heads. My family are all Gunners and will be at the Emirates on Sunday. They will also make my life unbearable all summer! 

Edited by Shauntaylor85

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Spurs are such an odd club. Massive fan base, massive revenues, great stadium. Yet they settle for always being second best. Their current squad is a great example of that. On their day sure they can beat anyone. But they aren't ever challenging for silverware. Can't help but feel like the Potch years and the Leicester season in particular was a missed opportunity. I really think that if they play their cards right they could be title contenders medium term but they always full short. 

West Ham also comes to mind, they have all the ingredients crowds stadium etc but rarely have they reached their potential when they moved stadiums I thought that would be the start of something for them but up to now a bit disappointed with them, let's see if this new man can do something.

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Spurs are such an odd club. Massive fan base, massive revenues, great stadium. Yet they settle for always being second best. Their current squad is a great example of that. On their day sure they can beat anyone. But they aren't ever challenging for silverware. Can't help but feel like the Potch years and the Leicester season in particular was a missed opportunity. I really think that if they play their cards right they could be title contenders medium term but they always full short. 

According to this Spurs had a higher wage bill than Arsenal last season, although probably more notable is that Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U all spent over £100mn more on wages than Spurs. Those 3 clubs are clearly trying harder to challenge although I think it was just a Carabao Cup and Charity Shield between them. 😁

https://www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/sports-business-group/articles/deloitte-football-money-league.html

Also Spurs match day revenues higher than Real Madrid, Bayern and over double that of Juventus last season. 😯 Stadium debt sounds manageable too so I can only conclude their owners are happy with their cash cow whilst remaining mediocre, but their players as well as owners will get a big bonus if they secure CL football so I guess they will all be going against the fans wishes tonight if they can (although that is probably the limits to their ambitions). Funny how being 'successful' in this situation could actually make their fans lose patience with them quicker.

9 hours ago, weepywall said:

Arsenal fans were letting off fireworks at 2am this morning outside Man City's hotel...problem is City were still in Manchester and not due at the hotel until this morning 🤦

Sort of thing the gas would do 🙈🤡