IGNORED

Leeds v Norwich tonight - UPDATE - Wagner Sacked

6 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

So a second parachute payments club will be going up this year.

Cracking outcome for the premier league. Congratulations to all involved.

I know what you’re saying. But I think we can all agree the three that came down last season were the strongest three that’s ever come down to the Championship. 

It was inevitable they would go straight back up. Next season however, it looks fairly wide open to me.

1 minute ago, Lew-T said:

I know what you’re saying. But I think we can all agree the three that came down last season were the strongest three that’s ever come down to the Championship. 

It was inevitable they would go straight back up. Next season however, it looks fairly wide open to me.

I wouldn’t argue with that, although Ipswich upset the party and one of Southampton or Leeds will be here next year of course.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

It would be less inevitable if they didn't get to spend ££££££ more than most other teams in the division.

That's all.

Well done to them, I hope they enjoy the money.

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

It would be less inevitable if they didn't get to spend ££££££ more than most other teams in the division.

That's all.

Well done to them, I hope they enjoy the money.

Norwich too are a Parachute club. Albeit Leeds had £22m in headroom for FFP ie £61m v £83m.

Norwich face quite a plunge from £61m and Year 2 of Parachute Payments to £39m and EFL cash next year. Sold quite well this year but that is a double whammy indeed.

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Norwich too are a Parachute club. Albeit Leeds had £22m in headroom for FFP ie £61m v £83m.

Norwich face quite a plunge from £61m and Year 2 of Parachute Payments to £39m and EFL cash next year. Sold quite well this year but that is a double whammy indeed.

Ah shit they are aren't they. 

Yes I forgot it's actually 5 of the top 6 in receipt this season, with only Watford ******* up a royal flush iirc.

9 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ah shit they are aren't they. 

Yes I forgot it's actually 5 of the top 6 in receipt this season, with only Watford ******* up a royal flush iirc.

West Brom ran out last year, 4/6 but they should have been bolstered markedly by Parachute Payments or PL cash between 2002-03 to 2022-23 unbroken.

It distorts matters horribly though.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

19 minutes ago, eardun said:

Quite how Leeds blew the top 2 I’ll never know. They are playing tonight how they looked against us in Feb - after that match I thought they’d walk the league. 

Hit a bad run at wrong time. Blackburn and QPR defeats killed them. Should be a great final if it is Saints.

• Like 1

It's great seeing them miss out and beaten heavily in a return game to totally annihilate any chance they had tonight, but Leeds actually put four goals past us not only at Elland Road but the home game before it earlier in the season.      They must really enjoy opposition from East Anglia, they've destroyed both clubs at least once now in a one-off fixture.  

We've had to endure so much ridicule from City fans not only this season but going back so many years it's easy at times to lose track of it.  Our inability to beat them this season has only led to continued mocking in that we haven't managed a win against them in any competition for 15 years.   Any chance they get, it would always be mentioned.     It seemed at times it wasn't about victory, just making sure they escaped defeat so the run could continue.

We won't get the opportunity now to once again attempt to end that statistic as we're going to be playing in different leagues for I don't know how many years to come.     However tonight does offer a certain redemption as for so long we've been nothing but a target or focus of their ridicule and this time, the shoe's on the other foot and it's their turn to despair and suffer hurt and indignation.

You'd have to be a true supporter of either club to truly understand the extent of the rivalry but for years we've had to put up with their abuse and ridicule and now for once, they can miss out and watch the parade go by.    Just surprised my language remained so civilised.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, eardun said:

Like it! If anyone fancies watching it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q-SF7FbYXc 

To be fair they pretty well outclassed us at home, we were lucky to get away with just a single-goal loss, had it been 5 I don't think I would have been able to complain I said when I came out of the ground it was hard to believe we were in the same division.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Super said:

Sounds like Wagner will be sacked today

Yes just confirmed. Shows how cut throat Championship Football  Clubs are. Not sure how much they spent this year but didn't hang about getting rid

21 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

Yes just confirmed. Shows how cut throat Championship Football  Clubs are. Not sure how much they spent this year but didn't hang about getting rid

Now out of PPs from 24/25 season too.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 1

Ruthless, but they were dire last night - you can live with defeats if the side puts a shift in, and are just beaten by the better team on the day but they were terrible.  If you can't rouse your team for a play-off match then when can you

• Like 3

Lets be honest here and it makes no sense for me to say this, but Norwich were nowhere near good enough to be promoted this season. No idea how they ended up in the play offs and had Coventry not had a good cup run I think they would have been the side to have made the play offs again.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

• The title was changed to Leeds v Norwich tonight - UPDATE - Wagner Sacked
13 hours ago, cityexile said:

I wouldn’t argue with that, although Ipswich upset the party and one of Southampton or Leeds will be here next year of course.

Leeds to go up for me as we never get nothing from them , as for dare I say the word Southampton banker 3 points 🙈😂😂😂