IGNORED

Jon Lansdown on Bristol City's leadership structure, his dad's position and Richard Scudamore - Bristol Live

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've been critical of JL often enough in the past but I'm going to give him a bit of a pass here.

I don't think this is the greatest interview of all time by a long shot but I do think it's alright. A bit corporate speak at times, some bits slightly confusingly worded but I don't think the sentiments are terrible, beyond the irony of saying it seven months after sacking a manager who very clearly was not in it for his ego. A lot of it is very obviously related to Phil Alexander and Mark Ashton but, without knowing what happened, I'm not going to say it is inaccurate.

I don't think this interview would be being scrutinised or criticised anywhere near so much if the club's previous botched PR hadn't led to so much existing frustration with Jon Lansdown. 

You’re giving him a pass because his interview is slightly less shit than usual 

Edited by Glen hump
Spelling
  • Robin 1

Jon Letdown serves up another befuddled word salad.

I bet he thought his interview was a little Gem.

However after Lansdown Caesar leafs through the contents, Junior will probably be given another dressing down.

Thyme for the old man to give him the rocket.

Lettuce hope he's gone soon.

Cos if not, we're heading directly for the iceberg.

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Jon Letdown serves up another befuddled word salad.

I bet he thought his interview was a little Gem.

However after Lansdown Caesar leafs through the contents, Junior will probably be given another dressing down.

Thyme for the old man to give him the rocket.

Lettuce hope he's gone soon.

Cos if not, we're heading directly for the iceberg.

Theres a theme there that I can’t seem to place…

Edited by Barrs Court Red
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I've been critical of JL often enough in the past but I'm going to give him a bit of a pass here.

I don't think this is the greatest interview of all time by a long shot but I do think it's alright. A bit corporate speak at times, some bits slightly confusingly worded but I don't think the sentiments are terrible, beyond the irony of saying it seven months after sacking a manager who very clearly was not in it for his ego. A lot of it is very obviously related to Phil Alexander and Mark Ashton but, without knowing what happened, I'm not going to say it is inaccurate.

I don't think this interview would be being scrutinised or criticised anywhere near so much if the club's previous botched PR hadn't led to so much existing frustration with Jon Lansdown. 

I’d gotten used to SL no longer coming out and speaking to the fans…and I was pretty glad in all honesty.  Because in recent years he just seemed to show more and more contempt for the fans.

His son seems to have the same attitude to the CEOs and managers on top.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 3
  • Flames 3

• Admin
1 hour ago, Jose said:

A man who absolutely no right to be in his current position. I fear for where this club is heading I really do. 

I'm pretty sure that when we have a new person at the very top of the tree he will either go with the takeover or be pushed aside very quickly afterwards

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

It just reads like a justification for the mess that Junior created with his mates. Who knows if SL was involved in the shitfest of last October and at this point who cares

JL is taking responsibility for the football club and his three cohorts. That is a step forward no matter what happens. No more finger pointing Junior it’s on him.

Dad got him off his boat and working that is a big win for Steve? Junior can fund his own life via Bristol Sport et al

Talking about big egos is just a justification for looking like an utterly untrustworthy liar! Bringing it up again just reopens those wounds, thus he should just talk about the current structure and not about, how he feels it metamorphosis occurred. 

Jon needs to shut up with his sneak attacks on Pearson and back Tinnion and Manning publicly instead, they are his choices their success or failure is Jon’s!

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

21 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

You’re giving him a pass because his interview is slightly less shit than usual 

I'm certainly not going to deny that. But I also don't think it's remarkably shit for a Chairman or a CEO. I'm not going to rank it any higher than "mediocre" but I don't think it would be anywhere near as awful as people perceive it without the existing baggage. 

1 minute ago, phantom said:

I'm pretty sure that when we have a new person at the very top of the tree he will either go with the takeover or be pushed aside very quickly afterwards

Yeah - I'd be amazed if that wasn't the case. Frankly I hope for his sake he has enough money aside not to need to earn a job on merit. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Also, if he thinks first team managers and CEOs are the devil because “many of them aren’t attached” and “are just passing through”, wait until he hears about first team footballers!! 

Ironically Alexander and Pearson were people who were more than happy to stick around for a while. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

I feel uninspired, detached and disillusioned atm due to the hierarchy.

Putting aside some individual calls ie James, King not bring offered (as far as we know a player coach role), an overarching sense I get is that we are in some sort of holding pattern awaiting the Football Regulator, awaiting future redistribution being sorted, new cost control rules- Rules thst could prove to our benefit vs our non Parachute peers.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Glen hump said:

I can’t understand why he doesn’t swallow his pride and drop his asking price for the club to something attractive to potential buyers and just leave .

Why should he ?

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

He’s been trying to flog the club for years’  did you not know that’ or you more clued up on millwall 

I've been a BCFC fan for over 62 years thank you sunshine so you can keep that shite to yourself.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

I've been a BCFC fan for over 62 years thank you sunshine so you can keep that shite to yourself.

Sorry about that I thought you were millwall as well’ you didn’t no we’ve been for sale for years?

16 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Sorry about that I thought you were millwall as well’ you didn’t no we’ve been for sale for years?

No, because we haven't. My take was that investors were sought after.

Edited by BigTone

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

We absolutely have’ why would a billionaire want investment’ we’re are for sale and have been for a couple of years.

Just now, Glen hump said:

We absolutely have’ why would a billionaire want investment’ we’re are for sale and have been for a couple of years.

Because that's what he was asking for.

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Your take is wrong. It’s been stated publicly by the island hermit himself on several occasions- although the language has subtly changed in the last year. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

56 minutes ago, Boston Red said:

You want someone with a monstrous ego. Someone talented, who is using his ego for the benefit of the football club. 

Brian Clough swanned into Derby County having achieved nothing in football. He said "As I am the best manager, I ought to win the league." He got Derby promoted, and won them the league. His ego was in service to Derby, and Derby benefited from it. 

……

No, the real truth of why the Lansdowns don't want talented egos at the club is because they are mediocre individuals who cannot bear being questioned and challenged, so they have created this kind of bureaucratic mush where everyone agrees with each other and nobody is challenged or pushed out of their comfort zone. They are then stupid enough to boast about this to the public as if it were some kind of virtue, as opposed to a clear sign of their own inept mediocrity. 

The tales of Brian Clough are legendary. Whilst at Nottingham Forest he gave goalkeeper Mark Crossley his league debut one Saturday and made him play for his son’s Sunday league team the following day. Crossley wanted a car but Clough told him he couldn’t have one until he said so. It was strange behaviour but the players loved him and it brought success to the club. Imagine Brian Clough at City with Steve Lansdown. I’d give it 5 minutes 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Yeah - I'd be amazed if that wasn't the case. Frankly I hope for his sake he has enough money aside not to need to earn a job on merit. 

Not sure Jon has much to worry about when it comes to future financial security, Steve only has two children so I’m sure they won’t struggle with his nest egg. 

32 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

For what reason sunshine 

Because he said he was open to investment

34 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Your take is wrong. It’s been stated publicly by the island hermit himself on several occasions- although the language has subtly changed in the last year. 

He made it very clear he was open to outside investment

what an absolute gibberish talking clown. FFS does Steve not a secret love child somewhere that he could pass the club onto? Steve even if your love child is with Gemma Collins i don't mind! Anything but this MORON.