IGNORED

Jon Lansdown on Bristol City's leadership structure, his dad's position and Richard Scudamore - Bristol Live

Having read this, my main observation is that any successful business will have a strategy and business plan from which all the senior individuals should clearly know what the direction of travel and priorities are.

Achieving alignment and collaboration, and the need to all be on the same page would normally be expected to flow from the published strategy and business plan.of course group-think is a close relative of collaboration/ alignment.

The references to egos is quite bizarre. Most successful people, in any line of business, have an ego and are typically quite driven which in turn leads their success, football managers/coaches and chief executives are generally no different.

From my distance, I formed the impression that Nigel Pearson’s ego was certainly not front and centre. He spoke honestly, professionally and with experience without the need to massage his own ego.

One reading of the interview could be a misalignment or lack of collaboration between Pearson and the hierarchy. This isn’t stated but perhaps is implied. Which would be consistent with observations made over the years along the lines of our way or no way.

• Like 2

Just now, Glen hump said:

Can’t answer can you.

No need to make yourself out to be a complete smart arse pal. He made it very clear a while ago that he was open to investment or even a sale. Just because he's a billionaire makes not one ounce of difference.

1 minute ago, BigTone said:

No need to make yourself out to be a complete smart arse pal. He made it very clear a while ago that he was open to investment or even a sale. Just because he's a billionaire makes not one ounce of difference.

Of course it makes a difference pal’ so you’re now agreeing we’re for sale’ we got there in the end.

13 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Because he said he was open to investment

He made it very clear he was open to outside investment

He made it very clear he was open to selling the club, the whole circus or just having investors come on board. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdown-bristol-city-sale-8399439.amp

• Like 7
  • Flames 1

Of course it makes a difference pal’ so you’re now agreeing we’re for sale’ we got there in the end.

I'm telling you what he made clear. Have we got that into your thick skull ? Everything has a selling price in the same way as investment can be an option. You will learn that maybe next year in school.

2 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

He made it very clear he was open to selling the club, the whole circus or just having investors come on board. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-lansdown-bristol-city-sale-8399439.amp

Thank you Sir

Just now, BigTone said:

I'm telling you what he made clear. Have we got that into your thick skull ? Everything has a selling price in the same way as investment can be an option. You will learn that maybe next year in school.

You been on the plonk’ no need for abuse.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

It's pretty clear that many fans on here don't.

I think many now have so much antipathy towards the owner and his hierarchy that JL could announce the most cohesive, well constructed, well thought out and progressive plan and it would be rubbished, just because it came from him.

He's very much damned if he does and damned if he doesn't!

Well this might be the case... But sadly his most cohesive, well constructed, well thought out and progressive plan so far seems to have been written in crayon on the inside p of a happy meal box. 

The reality is that we'd all love to see what the reaction would be to any one of the things you mention... But I fear we'll be waiting a long while for such an event. 

We can only judge what we see rather than speculate on people's reaction to a mythical scenario.

And what we can see is someone spearheading a football club which he claims is perfectly aligned but has key people giving conflicting information and he himself saying things that are clearly complete poppycock. People who aren't in it for themselves? Please! That's not Liam Manning. The first offer that comes along at a higher profile club and he's gone. 

The reality is you want people who want to better themselves. It's what drives improvements on their own performances. What he's promoting is a cosy club where they're all content with their lot. He tries to portray us as ambitious, but having no-one who will give you an alternative point of view is anything but. Worrying times indeed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

You been on the plonk’ no need for abuse.

No I haven't but it is very hard to educate mutton. If you want to apologise for being incorrect then now is the right time.

Edited by BigTone
  • Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Why would a billionaire need investment’ your wrong’ we’re for sale.

Investment or sale was my recollection, or anything in between.

As to why a billionaire would want it I agree, but perhaps want someone else to put in £x, him £y, split control..the Championship is a money pit, oh others have put in more but over shorter time frames.

I can understand it even if it isn't strictly required as such.

• Like 2

You’ve stitched yourself up ‘ now you’re being abusive’  your a bully pal .

Far from it. You've been proven wrong so just man up and admit it.

5 hours ago, Harry said:

Ha ha. Yep, it was indeed me. 
All of his interviews just consist of generic gibberish. 
The words make no sense. 

But yes, in this case he’s dug himself a massive hole! Basically everyone in football has an ego and as a club we don’t want to deal with ego’s! Wow. 

I also think it’s hilarious how he says that we get the same message but from 4 different people. That’s funny, I’m sure all 4 of them said something different when Pearson left - they all had a different take on what they thought of our chances of promotion/playoffs. 

It’s admitted by himself in this interview - our model is completely different to any other club. Speaking of ego’s eh! How egotistical is it for us as a club, with absolutely zero relative success in 100 years, think we can do things differently and succeed. 🤣

And this is why I don’t go down AG currently. The football club is an absolute basket case run by JL and his father who quite frankly have not got a scooby doo how to run it. With no CEO, no CE, no chairman (well JL ha ha), insult of a Board. What a mess!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Just read it.

In short, Jon is happy with the new system of governance because there are less (if any) independent, potentially dissenting voices - which means him, the old man, and Tinnion can run the club how they please. 

hi Kid,im sure you appreciate nda etc,i have to be a little bit careful now so as not to drop anyone in it anywhere but your post in the lansdown thread is exactly what i was told monday night. smack bang on the money mate.          

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

hi Kid,im sure you appreciate nda etc,i have to be a little bit careful now so as not to drop anyone in it anywhere but your post in the lansdown thread is exactly what i was told monday night. smack bang on the money mate.          

I know mate - and it's deeply depressing.

At this point, it is history repeating and we're just going around in circles with the Lansdowns, and it needs to stop.

• Like 11
  • Flames 3

9 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

If it makes you feel better’ yeah you win ‘ try not to post when you’ve been on the plonk, abusing people not a nice look 

I'm not on the plonk and don't appreciate the insinuation. What is worse are those who make comments such as this to cover their own deficiencies in being able to discuss an issue especially when proven as being inaccurate.

Edited by BigTone

Just now, BigTone said:

I'm not on the plonk and don't appreciate the insinuation. What is worse are those who make comments such as this to cover their own deficiencies in being able to discuss an issue. 

I was giving you a slight excuse for abusing me ‘ my apologies.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

I was giving you a slight excuse for abusing me ‘ my apologies.

I gave as good as was received. My apologies also. Lets consider the subject closed.

Edited by BigTone

3 minutes ago, Glen hump said:

Enjoy the rest of your evening.

Indeed I will with one insult in mind

"did you not know that’ or you more clued up on millwall"

Edited by BigTone

1 minute ago, Glen hump said:

I thought you were millwall as well as city, my sincere apologies, 

I am BCFC and always have been.  I have had enjoyable trips to Millwall when working in London. Have some good friends there.

59 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Anyone can sell anything if the price is right. The fact that SL has been taking about selling the club (from before this article) and there have been no buyers indicates to me that his valuation is way off beam 

• Like 2