IGNORED

Non League Thread 2024/25

phantom

• Admin

The FA have confirmed the National League System club allocations for Steps 1-6 for season 2024/25.

The allocations follow the completion of the recent league play-offs at Steps 1 to 6 of the National League System.

These allocations are subject to appeals and any amendments to these will be confirmed in due course.

The full list of club allocations for the 2024-25 season covering Steps 1-6 are below.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Thanks 1

Interesting shuffle for some. Now the wait for any grumblings to cause more changes, but the clock for the publication of next season's fixtures is running. Will the powers factor in any (climate crisis) extensions this time round, I wonder?

Also noted some new names: a nod to Route One Rovers (NWCL, D1N) and Rising Ballers Kensington (CCLD1). Modern football.

43 minutes ago, Erithacus said:

Interesting shuffle for some. Now the wait for any grumblings to cause more changes, but the clock for the publication of next season's fixtures is running. Will the powers factor in any (climate crisis) extensions this time round, I wonder?

Also noted some new names: a nod to Route One Rovers (NWCL, D1N) and Rising Ballers Kensington (CCLD1). Modern football.

Route one Rovers were in the NWCLD1N last season 

there striker was top scorer in the league. Interesting one for they are based in Yorkshire but are in the NWCFL 

• Admin

Kendal Town are appealing against the FA’s decision to move the club laterally to the Northern Football League.

Clapton CFC are appealing against their sideways movement to the Southern Counties East League. 

They’ve previously played in the Eastern Counties League.

• Admin

For anyone that didn't know 

🔘 The FA appoints a committee to make the allocations at the end of each playing season

🔘 That committee does not consult leagues or clubs

🔘 Clubs can apply for lateral movement (before March 31) ahead of following campaign

🔘 Only a club subject to lateral movement can appeal

🔘 Appeal must be submitted within seven days

🔘 FA committee has seven days to respond once appeal submitted

🔘 Decision of appeal board is final and binding

Clubs appealing must persaude appeal board that allocation:

i) fails to comply with FA regulations or

ii) is one 'no reasonable body would have reached' or

iii) is in some way 'excessive' (FA's word)

An appeal board can't impose its own preferred solution in this type of case, and can only review the allocations committee's original decision.

E.g. If Kendal's appeal is upheld, that *could* mean a 25-team NWCFL Premier

Middlezoy Rovers against their wishes, have been moved from Western league one, to the South West Peninsula league.

The club are fuming, they are going from 42 games a season to 30, trips to Plymouth, Oakhampton etc. The club has worked so hard to get to the Western League, the players play for nothing. 
Crazy by the FA. 

• Like 1

• Admin

Coalville Town have resigned from the Southern Football League with immediate effect.

Filling the vacancy in Premier Division Central will be the responsibility of the FA Alliance Committee.

Managerial merry go round at the moment. 

After Taunton signed Liam Harding formerly of Bristol Manor Farm and Steve Murray formerly of Cribbs, both as coaches. Cribbs have replaced him with double promotion winning Ash Bennett of Avonmouth Fc much to the fury of Avonmouth supporters on social media it seems. Also Brislington coach John Durbin has now joined BMF replacing Liam Harding

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

You might be right. CEB was shit hot for us last season:

I am as I know a player or two that have been approached by him and his team offering good money. 

He's MD of his own company and part of the deal with Taunton is that he'll bring some players with him at his own expense. Not uncommon in non-league

• Admin
1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I am as I know a player or two that have been approached by him and his team offering good money. 

He's MD of his own company and part of the deal with Taunton is that he'll bring some players with him at his own expense. Not uncommon in non-league

Bit of a turn around in fortunes from the end of last season where Taunton were appearing near bankruptcy