IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

31 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

That's such a cop out point to a relevant response to how strange fans are that for 'comedy' they would rather potentially damage their club due to bitterness re the hierarchy. Regardless if there's a style of play other clubs call it identity set by a club, a change of manager will always cause affect. That affect could be negative or positive but it could relegate the club. Just seems weird but I'm sort of used to that on here especially the last 6 months.

Dont blame me mate, it’s what the club have told us as to how things work….

• Like 6

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think one of the reasons I've not really warmed to Liam is because despite him constantly talking about behaviours and wanting players to be all in, we know as soon as a club slightly higher up the pyramid comes in for him he'll be gone without a second thought. 

Oxford revived his career and they invested heavily in him and then just a few months later he buggered off. I've never felt comfortable with that. 

Said this on FBC many times in recent weeks. A slap in the face for the "our club" philosophy being at the heart of a triumvirate [JL, BT, LM] leadership group.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d try to get over that asap if I were you. 99% of people who work in football have zero loyalty. Not sure why anyone would expect Manning to be any different. 
The stupidity is more that our Jon thinks that we can operate on a totally different platform to everyone else and expect loyalty in what is probably the most disloyal profession there is. 

It's not a good trait to tell people what they should and shouldn't think 😉

• Facepalm 6

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Weird mindset where people actively want the summer disrupted just to make the board look silly.

I certainly get the point NR but the hierarchy at the club have brought these feelings amongst parts of the fanbase upon themselves.   We are being ‘led’ by a bloke who evidently doesn’t want anything to do with us anymore but who also apparently won’t value our club at a fair price to sell ,  his son who is totally and utterly and completely inept in every department regards football ownership and who comes out with absolute nonsense every time he opens his mouth (and his art box) and an ex player who is employed miles above his station and who again has embarrassed our club on numerous occasions by what comes out of his mouth / keyboard.  If embarrassing these charlatans means we may be one step nearer to a change at the top then so be it.   Also as mentioned not all of us are still convinced by LM so a change of manager wouldn’t be so bad anyway for those of us with that viewpoint.   All moot anyway as it isn’t going to happen! 

• Like 7
  • Flames 2

10 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Just saying. 
There’s very little loyalty in football so I don’t know why we’d expect Manning to be any different to pretty much everyone else in the profession. 

15 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

It's also not a good trait to ignore basic sense and advice and virtue signal at every opportunity.

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

11 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

Oh hell yes. This would be the best news since Pulis left for Pompey. Please, please do it Norwich.

Really ? Why ? With all the tossers we have had in charge? He’s done ok no better but ridiculous comment , decent guy , Pulis was gas scum . 

10 minutes ago, Harry said:

Just saying. 
There’s very little loyalty in football so I don’t know why we’d expect Manning to be any different to pretty much everyone else in the profession. 

I don't disagree. However my comments were about Manning. I did explain why I had those thoughts. 

Yes there is little loyalty in football and everyone is essentially just passing through. However in my opinion it's likely Manning will pass through quicker than others and that's why I've not warmed to him. 

Not many managers have their career saved and then get given significant funds to spend and then bugger off months later. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Harry said:

I’d try to get over that asap if I were you. The board and hierarchy of Bristol City have zero loyalty. Not sure why anyone would expect Manning to be any different. 
The stupidity is more that our Jon thinks that we can operate on a totally different platform to everyone else and expect loyalty in what is probably the most disloyal club there is. 
All whilst having no leaders but expecting to show leadership 

Fixed! 

33 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Really ? Why ? With all the tossers we have had in charge? He’s done ok no better but ridiculous comment , decent guy , Pulis was gas scum . 

Would save him spunking Lansdown’s nest egg up the wall in a vain attempt for Tinman and Lansdown to make it look like their appointment could be a success.

He’s stubborn, and had to be told how to play to save his job. Take the mid-block and sod off to Norfolk.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, The Journalist said:

If Norwich came calling (massive if) there’s no way he stays here.

His track record shows he’s a career coach and ultimately they’re a way bigger club with way bigger potential. No brainer.

Not sure about the potential bit.

• Hmmm 1

39 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I don't disagree. However my comments were about Manning. I did explain why I had those thoughts. 

Yes there is little loyalty in football and everyone is essentially just passing through. However in my opinion it's likely Manning will pass through quicker than others and that's why I've not warmed to him. 

Not many managers have their career saved and then get given significant funds to spend and then bugger off months later. 

When most managers are a dozen or so poor games away from getting the sack can you really blame them for not showing a great deal of loyalty to a club? It has to be reciprocal - and it's really not in the vast majority of cases.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Barrs Court Red said:

I don’t want him to go, so I’ll preface with that. But if this did happen (very low chance imo) that would be comedy gold. 

Right after Jon’s interview parading the lack of egos in our hierarchy and having shared objectives. 

Would be a very Bristol City thing to happen! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Coach said:

De Zerbi leaving Brighton 

Manning to Norwich 

It’s written in the stars 

De Zerbi going is gonna cause a few worried thoughts from some owners, Chief Execs and DoFs this weekend!!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

De Zerbi going is gonna cause a few worried thoughts from some owners, Chief Execs and DoFs this weekend!!

Surely Man U bound.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We have an absent owner and don't have a chief executive or a director of football so buisness as usual at the HPC 🤣

Just now, Super said:

Surely Man U bound.

Bayern. 

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

We have an absent owner and don't have a chief executive or a director of football so buisness as usual at the HPC 🤣

Bayern. 

Is he good enough for Bayern?