IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

24 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Have Mannings odds shifted one way or another.? Or do we have four pages of pointless bollox?

The latter most likely but hey this is OTIB and the season has finished.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Why? It’s like all our fans love watching us fail so they can moan constantly like a bunch of karens. 

Yeah that’s it champ, I love watching us fail. God you’re so smart to catch me out like that.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, mozo said:

I guess the dozen or so posters will have to confirm or deny that themselves.

Absolutely zero hate at all. 

I struggle to warm to the guy but I don't dislike him. 

I do dislike him being our head coach because I don't think his style suits us. We all sat through some horrendously boring games. 

But there is a world of difference from disliking him as our head coach to personally hating him. 

Ironically those who use strong language such as "you hate Liam" are by and large Mannings biggest fans because of their own personal dislike of Nigel Pearson. You will often see these posters dragging the place down by making personal attacks. Draw your own conclusions from that. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I was looking at how the Norwich local press were reporting the manager odds earlier and one point that the writer - presumably their James Piercy equivalent - made is that, with a managerial vacancy at a Championship club, it can only take a relatively small amount of money being placed to significantly alter the odds. 

Norwich are apparently after a young manager so it's not that surprising Manning is in the list but I'd take any name with a massive pinch of salt for now. Give, the fact it is the end of the season and that they only could have made a decision after Thursday night, I'd imagine it very plausible that even the club themselves haven't even had a meeting to draw up a list of targets so I reckon all names may be completely speculative at the moment. 

Personally I find the loyalty discussion a bit of a weird one. Personally I don't know that I even particularly want loyalty in football as it would have to cut both ways. I want the club to get better players in if they're available and I'd want them to replace the manager if our results were poor so I don't see how I can demand loyalty from any manager or player. 

• Like 4
  • Flames 2

5 hours ago, mozo said:

I guess the dozen or so posters will have to confirm or deny that themselves.

Go on then, name and shame.

Which posters have actually said on this thread that they, "hate Liam Manning."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I want SL to move on, but I don’t hate him.  I dislike the way he runs Bristol City, but I don’t hate him.

Even at the point, where if I’d been in charge, I’d have sacked Manning, I didn’t hate him.

Not that I’ve expressed my opinion on this particular thread.

But suggesting “hate” from other posters is OTT.

You weren't one of the ones that posted that you hope he gets poached by Norwich, so I'm clearly not referring to you Dave.

Hate in the common parlance nowadays is appropriate. It's used to describe the not liking of someone. And the tone of the posts Im referring to wasn't exactly a tactical analysis. Read the thread back.

8 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I do dislike him being our head coach because I don't think his style suits us. We all sat through some horrendously boring games. 

But there is a world of difference from disliking him as our head coach to personally hating him. 

Ironically those who use strong language such as "you hate Liam" are by and large Mannings biggest fans because of their own personal dislike of Nigel Pearson. You will often see these posters dragging the place down by making personal attacks. Draw your own conclusions from that. 

I wasn't referring to you either WSM, your criticism of Manning had some logic to it. I referring to the snipey comments.

5 minutes ago, mozo said:

You weren't one of the ones that posted that you hope he gets poached by Norwich, so I'm clearly not referring to you Dave.

Hate in the common parlance nowadays is appropriate. It's used to describe the not liking of someone. And the tone of the posts Im referring to wasn't exactly a tactical analysis. Read the thread back.

It doesn’t matter whether I was one who posted or not.

So, if “hate” is common parlance for a simple bit of dislike, why the reaction?

• Like 3

• Admin
11 hours ago, Jobi said:

I agree the jury is still out completely but it doesn’t merit the kind of blunt categorical views that he must be sacked or he is definitely failing. I think saying there are pros and cons and the jury is out let’s see is the reasonable and fair working assumption at this point!

.....and there was me thinking you were bored of the chase and saving yourself till next season. Walkies.

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

Funny thing is i dont see anyone I would view as a top tier replacement of him if he leaves. Tinnion to step in for a season (4/1, skybet)

It's not even if they are of a decent calibre, its whether they'd toe the line ie not have an ego! :shutup:

:facepalm:

I think the problem with this forum is it's just that - a forum. People express in writing, without the nuance of the spoken word. 

As someone who recalls the P**is days, I can assure you this is nothing. I think Manning has yet to win over a large proportion of the fanbase, but you never know, he might turn things around. Look at Iraiola (sp) at Bournemuff - lost his first 7 or so?

I think the last thing we need is another manager change. But, if it must happen, now's not a bad time. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SecretSam said:

I think the problem with this forum is it's just that - a forum. People express in writing, without the nuance of the spoken word. 

As someone who recalls the P**is days, I can assure you this is nothing. I think Manning has yet to win over a large proportion of the fanbase, but you never know, he might turn things around. Look at Iraiola (sp) at Bournemuff - lost his first 7 or so?

I think the last thing we need is another manager change. But, if it must happen, now's not a bad time. 

I think the only difference is Pulis had no support in the fanbase. 

However Manning does for various reasons they may or may not be related to his ability as Head coach. 

But without a doubt there were many games last season that were very much like games from the Pulis era. 

• Facepalm 1

18 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Sorry where are these fans who dislike Pearson? If there are any they are a very small minority. Simply if someone doesn't agree with your negative droning you'll accuse them of having 'an agenda' or say they are BS employee's.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1