IGNORED

Manning 4th on bookies list for next Norwich City manager ......

10 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Sorry where are these fans who dislike Pearson? If there are any they are a very small minority. Simply if someone doesn't agree with your negative droning you'll accuse them of having 'an agenda' or say they are BS employee's.

Can easily give you a list of 20 names off the top of my head. 

Negitive droning 🤣🤣🤣 you are aware that forums are a place for people to post their opinions? Both positive and negitive. 

Is the club poorly run? Yes. Did we hire a head coach that didn't fit with what we stated we wanted? Yes. So not quite sure why you have chosen to signal me out for posting my opinions on those things. 

• Like 3

Just now, W-S-M Seagull said:

Negitive droning 🤣🤣🤣 you are aware that forums are a place for people to post their opinions? Both positive and negitive. 

Is the club poorly run? Yes. Did we hire a head coach that didn't fit with what we stated we wanted? Yes. So not quite sure why you have chosen to signal me out for posting my opinions on those things. 

Maybe try this sometime for balance.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Going to call this out for the absolute nonsense it is. When Pearson left, there were - by my recollection - two posters who would not acknowledge the constraints Pearson had been working under and the quality of job he had done in transforming the culture of the club.

There might be one or two more than that but the idea that there are anywhere near 20 posters on here with an anti-Pearson agenda is nonsense.

On top of that, it sounds from the thread last week that even Nigel Pearson himself has said it is time to move on from this and support the team.

I totally get the appalling board and senior management handling of the sacking will sour trust for a long time and I have a lot of scepticism about key figures at the club. But Pearson is now long gone and the constant comparisons between Manning and Pearson are unhelpful. If or when Manning goes, it won’t be Pearson coming back so it is time to evaluate Manning without referencing back to his predecessor.

For me, the jury is out but there was enough in the last two months of the season for me to give him until early October before I assess how next season is, bar absolute disaster.

• Like 15

38 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Going to call this out for the absolute nonsense it is. When Pearson left, there were - by my recollection - two posters who would not acknowledge the constraints Pearson had been working under and the quality of job he had done in transforming the culture of the club.

There might be one or two more than that but the idea that there are anywhere near 20 posters on here with an anti-Pearson agenda is nonsense.

On top of that, it sounds from the thread last week that even Nigel Pearson himself has said it is time to move on from this and support the team.

I totally get the appalling board and senior management handling of the sacking will sour trust for a long time and I have a lot of scepticism about key figures at the club. But Pearson is now long gone and the constant comparisons between Manning and Pearson are unhelpful. If or when Manning goes, it won’t be Pearson coming back so it is time to evaluate Manning without referencing back to his predecessor.

For me, the jury is out but there was enough in the last two months of the season for me to give him until early October before I assess how next season is, bar absolute disaster.

Right back at you. 

If you think there was only two posters who failed to acknowledge the job that Pearson did then it's pointless us continuing this conversation. 

4 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Right back at you. 

If you think there was only two posters who failed to acknowledge the job that Pearson did then it's pointless us continuing this conversation. 

He assisted you with a tap in there you were nailed on.

He talks a lot of sense however, you should take note.

1 hour ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

You were singled out because of your refusal despite all the reasons to be positive about Manning, including the approval of your man Nigel, and yet just like you do, go on another one, trying to fan the flames of a dying ember that has long expired.

Move on, stop droning like the man said.

• Like 4

Cotswoldred is the only poster who sees many of your posts as unnecessarily negative Seagull.

8 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

You were singled out because of your refusal despite all the reasons to be positive about Manning, including the approval of your man Nigel, and yet just like you do, go on another one, trying to fan the flames of a dying ember that has long expired.

Move on, stop droning like the man said.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Plenty of other people have posted the exact same thoughts I have on Manning. 

What I'm finding strange about your post here is that you are posting as if its a fact that there are many reasons to be positive. That's rather subjective. 

The dying ember? Have you not read this thread?

I'm glad you have found some things to be positive. Hopefully we all can next season.

Why is it, that people such as yourself have a real problem with other fans not holding the same opinion as you? You've got your opinion, fair enough. Works both ways mate. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Cotswoldred is the only poster who sees many of your posts as unnecessarily negative Seagull.

Ultimately we all want the same for this club, success. 

We may all disagree on how we should achieve that but I think it's important to remember we do all want the same thing. 

If someone supports Manning that's fair enough, I'm not going to troll them for that. That's their perogative. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Plenty of other people have posted the exact same thoughts I have on Manning. 

What I'm finding strange about your post here is that you are posting as if its a fact that there are many reasons to be positive. That's rather subjective. 

The dying ember? Have you not read this thread?

I'm glad you have found some things to be positive. Hopefully we all can next season.

Why is it, that people such as yourself have a real problem with other fans not holding the same opinion as you? You've got your opinion, fair enough. Works both ways mate. 

There are loads! The summer, Buddy Holly, the working folly, good golly Miss Molly and boats. Thats five before we start….

On 18/05/2024 at 08:19, headhunter said:

He wouldn't would he?

Behind Cuesta [Asst. at Arsenal], Still & Rosenoir.

Was born in Norwich.

I've only just seen this and I'm not going to trawl through 9 pages of responses.

If anyone has already said 'I'll drive him there myself'. My apologies but I'd drive him there myself.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Sorry where are these fans who dislike Pearson? If there are any they are a very small minority. Simply if someone doesn't agree with your negative droning you'll accuse them of having 'an agenda' or say they are BS employee's.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

53 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Right back at you. 

Rather than saying it's pointless continuing the conversation as soon as you are challenged, you could give us your list of 20 fans who dislike Pearson.  After all, you said you could do this easily.

• Like 4

Just now, red panda said:

Rather than saying it's pointless continuing the conversation as soon as you are challenged, you could give us your list of 20 fans who dislike Pearson.  After all, you said you could do this easily.

By the same token @mozo could give us the names of all the people who hate Liam Manning, which is how this particular strand of this thread started.

Or we could just all acknowledge that there aren’t people sat in their pants foaming at the mouth over either Nigel Pearson or Liam Manning and people who use the argument “well you hate him” about either aren’t really open to any kind of constructive debate.

Innit.

• Like 6
  • Flames 5

11 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

By the same token @mozo could give us the names of all the people who hate Liam Manning, which is how this particular strand of this thread started.

Or we could just all acknowledge that there aren’t people sat in their pants foaming at the mouth over either Nigel Pearson or Liam Manning and people who use the argument “well you hate him” about either aren’t really open to any kind of constructive debate.

Innit.

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

2 hours ago, red panda said:

You wouldn't know them. They go to a different school. 

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s not me with GJ

It is, it's just that you are just out of shot, as GJ is stood with his foot on your throat !:)

16 hours ago, Davefevs said:

It doesn’t matter whether I was one who posted or not.

So, if “hate” is common parlance for a simple bit of dislike, why the reaction?

Read it back Dave; I was concurring with another forum member that there's a bunch of OTIB posters that will have a dig at Manning whenever they get the chance.

Do you disagree with that statement? 

• Like 1

Doesn't look likely now and never was ..

One of the biggest issues with Manning is that due to the circumstances in his employment is that a lot on here and probably the rest of the fan base just won't except him.. 

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

Innit.

Okay, let me make the point a different way.

Do you think this statement is true or false...?

Harry Cornick gets a lot of unfair comments on this forum?

Or are we trying to claim here that all criticism on OTIB is fair and measured?

31 minutes ago, mozo said:

Read it back Dave; I was concurring with another forum member that there's a bunch of OTIB posters that will have a dig at Manning whenever they get the chance.

Do you disagree with that statement? 

I did read it back, and I didn't see one post of the fashion you refer to, either fully or in common parlance - until you replied to @Cov 77 who made a fair comment about “board bashing”…although probably warranted on the back of the timing of JL’s interview.

This was your reply to Cov, bringing “hate” for Manning - common parlance or not - into the thread 

image.thumb.png.c7bfc1838ada5a68db5b5eb62ed0d421.png

That’s why I was surprised that a fairly normal thread saw the need for implication of some posters hate towards Manning.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, mozo said:

Okay, let me make the point a different way.

Do you think this statement is true or false...?

Harry Cornick gets a lot of unfair comments on this forum?

Or are we trying to claim here that all criticism on OTIB is fair and measured?

It’s a bit apples with fish tbh.

If you’d have said that you think Liam gets some unfair criticism then that’s a different ballpark to “hate”. On balance he’s had some fair and measured praise and some unwarranted praise, and then also some fair and measured criticism and also some unfair criticism.

Not all praise or criticism on here or any forum is totally fair and measured. Thats a forum. The trick, as you know, is to engage with those you think are fair and measured even if you disagree - Tbf the ranters or WUMs on either side tend to disappear quickly! 😉

The big deal with praise or criticism is that people should be able to stand behind it and justify it. Bringing “hate” into the equation makes it unquantifiable and it’s probably just a case of you using the wrong word here.

To be fair, I think if you’d cached your point as you have here, and replaced Cornick with Manning you wouldn’t have been pulled up - or even commented on at all.

(And yes, Cornick does get unwarranted criticism - different thread though….)

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I did read it back, and I didn't see one post of the fashion you refer to, either fully or in common parlance - until you replied to @Cov 77 who made a fair comment about “board bashing”…although probably warranted on the back of the timing of JL’s interview.

This was your reply to Cov, bringing “hate” for Manning - common parlance or not - into the thread 

image.thumb.png.c7bfc1838ada5a68db5b5eb62ed0d421.png

That’s why I was surprised that a fairly normal thread saw the need for implication of some posters hate towards Manning.

To be fair to mozo, he said "on this forum" rather than "on this thread".  You've got a lot more reading to do 😉

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, red panda said:

To be fair to mozo, he said "on this forum" rather than "on this thread".  You've got a lot more reading to do 😉

C’mon RP, you know I read every post on every thread….😉😉😉

Blimey, I reply to most of them! 🤣🤣🤣

Just now, Silvio Dante said:

It’s a bit apples with fish tbh.

If you’d have said that you think Liam gets some unfair criticism then that’s a different ballpark to “hate”. On balance he’s had some fair and measured praise and some unwarranted praise, and then also some fair and measured criticism and also some unfair criticism.

Not all praise or criticism on here or any forum is totally fair and measured. Thats a forum. The trick, as you know, is to engage with those you think are fair and measured even if you disagree - Tbf the ranters or WUMs on either side tend to disappear quickly! 😉

The big deal with praise or criticism is that people should be able to stand behind it and justify it. Bringing “hate” into the equation makes it unquantifiable and it’s probably just a case of you using the wrong word here.

To be fair, I think if you’d cached your point as you have here, and replaced Cornick with Manning you wouldn’t have been pulled up - or even commented on at all.

(And yes, Cornick does get unwarranted criticism - different thread though….)

I was engaging with Cov 77 whose posts I nearly always agree with, so I'm doing exactly what you suggest.

You can see my point about Cornick, and Manning for me in that same boat whereby there are people that just don't like him (hate/don't like, whatever).

We've seen it before with Nige, LJ etc etc.

I wasn't ranting about it or getting shirty with people, I just stated my opinion to someone I thought was in agreement. 

18 minutes ago, mozo said:

I was engaging with Cov 77 whose posts I nearly always agree with, so I'm doing exactly what you suggest.

You can see my point about Cornick, and Manning for me in that same boat whereby there are people that just don't like him (hate/don't like, whatever).

We've seen it before with Nige, LJ etc etc.

I wasn't ranting about it or getting shirty with people, I just stated my opinion to someone I thought was in agreement. 

I'd say there is a big difference between don't like and hate. The other side of that coin would be claiming that somebody who praises Liam is in love with him. Both are ridiculously overstating the case.

We might as well go back to calling people happy clappers or moaners if that's the level of debate.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I'd say there is a big difference between don't like and hate. The other side of that coin would be claiming that somebody who praises Liam is in love with him. Both are ridiculously overstating the case.

We might as well go back to calling people happy clappers or moaners if that's the level of debate.

I don't think we even need to debate the semantics here, you all know what I'm getting at. I've followed up with explanations too.

How many employees of Bristol City would get numerous posts along the lines of "please Norwich take him"?

SL, JL, BT, Downsy, Manning, Cornick. That's probably about it.

It doesn't especially bother me. I just think it's true.

8 hours ago, RedRoss said:

Maybe try this sometime for balance.

The thing is when there is something positive to post, I'll post it. 

Ive often praised the recruitment, Brian Tinnions work in the academy, when we've played well etc etc. 

Unfortunately because the club currently has inept owners and a bizarre structure and is all over the place with the model its following, that's going to unfortunately gain a lot of negitive attention from those who are concerned about these matters. 

It's quite a simple concept, if the club was well run, then there would not be negitive posts.

Edited by W-S-M Seagull
  • Like 1