IGNORED

Today's games

Super

13 minutes ago, Swede said:

You just know how that bottler thinks, its Henderson or Dier all the way.

Henderson, I hope not. As for Dier, doing ok at Bayern Munich, and if it’s good enough for Kane…

Lots for Southgate to consider ahead of the Euros. For instance, who if any do you pick out of Maddison, Rashford and Eze? On form, it’s Eze, but as we know from Maguire still being picked, Southgate prefers experience over form, so it’s likely to be Rashford. In fact, the defence is far more of a concern than the attack. It’s the only reason, Maguire still gets picked, because there are so few other options, especially since Dunk had a nightmare. So Dier it is!

16 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Pah. Plenty of clubs spend a fortune and end up with nothing (Man U being a prime example). The truth is that Man City are a very well run club. And any young player looking to make it in the game would do well to watch the recent Netflix documentary, as it shows what can be achieved with the right attitude

Will hold off on deciding whether or not they are very well run until the findings from the 115 charges come through.

A lot of clubs do spend a fortune, they just spend more (legally or illegally)

6 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Will hold off on deciding whether or not they are very well run until the findings from the 115 charges come through.

A lot of clubs do spend a fortune, they just spend more (legally or illegally)

Man City do spend more than most but they can afford it

It is the clubs whos owners spend more than they can afford are the problem 

Been out all day. Almost lasted the entire time without knowing the scores but made the mistake of turning on radio 5 on drive home. Oh well. No big surprises bar Chelsea finishing as high as they did considering how shite they appear to have been all year. 

I'm too lazy to read through all the pages so apologies if already posted elsewhere. 

As for Man City winning a 4th title in a row. On one hand, congrats. On the other, the history books may show a * next to the titles. Juventus fans were probably thinking the same back in the mid 2000's with the Calciopoli scandal. They eventually had 2 league titles taken off them (one year no team were awarded the title) and relegated to Serie B and started with a points deduction. Imagine finishing bottom with 91 points. :laugh:. 

2 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Those options like being part of a 13 club group and shady transfer dealings between them?

Like Troyes making a record signing, then loaning him out to Girona (part owned by Pep's brother) and then selling that player to Man City without ever playing a game for Troyes?

With there having to be a change in the Girona ownership for next season or they'll be demoted to the Europa League because it would otherwise conflict with the UEFA policy of clubs owned by the same people not being in the same competition.

This is a new one for me.

Not that I doubt you, but I should be very interested to learn the identity of this player so I can have a look at the background - I have been wracking my brain, but have no idea.

16 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Not that I doubt you, but I should be very interested to learn the identity of this player so I can have a look at the background - I have been wracking my brain, but have no idea.

Savio

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ecko said:

What a ******* ridiculous question to ask a city fan on this forum? Barely anyone I know has a premier league team. 

Plenty on here have 'second' premier league teams. 

You only have to go in the sports bar for the early or late kick offs to know that. 

• Facepalm 1

53 minutes ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

As @Hocca says, the player's name is Savio.

The Man City move isn't 100% confirmed yet, but looks as good as done.

Here's one of a number of articles about the transfer.

https://www.football365.com/news/savio-man-city-absolute-sham-multi-club-ownership-model-opinion

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

Man City do spend more than most but they can afford it

It is the clubs whos owners spend more than they can afford are the problem 

Man City's owners are effectively a nation state - and one of the wealthiest on earth - so there is little doubt they can afford it.

However, for  some time now there have been financial rules in place that limit how much owners are allowed to "invest" in their team. While the 115 charges have yet to be proved, the indications are that Man City's owners have, over a significant period of time, broken a number of financial rules in order to be able to introduce more of their massive wealth to the footballing side of the club than the financial rules would otherwise allow.

While other of their competitors will have compromised their competitive position to stay within the financial limits those rules allow- selling players they could not afford to retain, or not buying players that were beyond their budget - if the charges are proved, then Man City will have gained an advantage over their competitors by cheating and breaking those same rules. 

Might Pep have left some time ago had they not bumped his salary by paying a chunk of it through another company? Had they not, and Pep had left, how would that have impacted on their success over the last few seasons?

If Man City are proved to have broken the rules, then it is them that are the problem, as their cheating enabled them to bring to bear far more of their wealth to Man City's on field position - whether that be player wages, transfer fees, or even manager's salary - thereby causing other owners to stretch their financial positions further than they otherwise would have, in order to try and compete with the Mancs. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, downendcity said:

Man City's owners are effectively a nation state - and one of the wealthiest on earth - so there is little doubt they can afford it.

However, for  some time now there have been financial rules in place that limit how much owners are allowed to "invest" in their team. While the 115 charges have yet to be proved, the indications are that Man City's owners have, over a significant period of time, broken a number of financial rules in order to be able to introduce more of their massive wealth to the footballing side of the club than the financial rules would otherwise allow.

While other of their competitors will have compromised their competitive position to stay within the financial limits those rules allow- selling players they could not afford to retain, or not buying players that were beyond their budget - if the charges are proved, then Man City will have gained an advantage over their competitors by cheating and breaking those same rules. 

Might Pep have left some time ago had they not bumped his salary by paying a chunk of it through another company? Had they not, and Pep had left, how would that have impacted on their success over the last few seasons?

If Man City are proved to have broken the rules, then it is them that are the problem, as their cheating enabled them to bring to bear far more of their wealth to Man City's on field position - whether that be player wages, transfer fees, or even manager's salary - thereby causing other owners to stretch their financial positions further than they otherwise would have, in order to try and compete with the Mancs. 

Not just Pep that's had payments like that, wasn't there something similar reported about Mancini too?

9 minutes ago, transfer reader said:

Not just Pep that's had payments like that, wasn't there something similar reported about Mancini too?

Can't remember details of all the charges, but do remember that one was that Pep was being paid under the table. 

4 hours ago, transfer reader said:

Those options like being part of a 13 club group and shady transfer dealings between them?

Like Troyes making a record signing, then loaning him out to Girona (part owned by Pep's brother) and then selling that player to Man City without ever playing a game for Troyes?

With there having to be a change in the Girona ownership for next season or they'll be demoted to the Europa League because it would otherwise conflict with the UEFA policy of clubs owned by the same people not being in the same competition.

My favourite, RWD Molenbeek in Belgium sign Ernest Nuamah from FC Nordsjaelland in Denmark for a reported €26m, Molenbeek's record signing before that? €3m, he then gets loaned to Molenbeek's partner club Lyon who for financial reasons couldn't sign Nuamah last summer. 

😂

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Lrrr said:

My favourite, RWD Molenbeek in Belgium sign Ernest Nuamah from FC Nordsjaelland in Denmark for a reported €26m, Molenbeek's record signing before that? €3m, he then gets loaned to Molenbeek's partner club Lyon who for financial reasons couldn't sign Nuamah last summer. 

😂

That’s why O’Brien ended up at Lyon then…

2 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Plenty on here have 'second' premier league teams. 

You only have to go in the sports bar for the early or late kick offs to know that. 

@Super totally bizarre that you have face palmed this when you're second, or maybe first team is Liverpool. 

Troll.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Lrrr said:

😂

It's the type of thing I'd do on Championship Manager as a kid to get good players at City.

Sign them for a big club, then immediately loan them to City with no wages or fee.