IGNORED

Too much communication?

If you’ve just got badly relegated (miles adrift at the bottom) I think you would want supporters to have some confidence you had a plan to return.

This is probably done to help sell season tickets for a relatively small club in a poor part of the country.

With the likes of Bolton, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Barnsley & the media’s favourite club (Wrexham) as competition they know it will be tough.

They aren’t naming anyone, so can’t see the harm in it.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

If you’ve just got badly relegated (miles adrift at the bottom) I think you would want supporters to have some confidence you had a plan to return.

This is probably done to help sell season tickets for a relatively small club in a poor part of the country.

With the likes of Bolton, Huddersfield, Birmingham, Barnsley & the media’s favourite club (Wrexham) as competition they know it will be tough.

But surely the medical results are the biggest part of a transfer. As a fan you be more annoyed if they announced no one as they failed their medical? Maybe even question if it was ever true. Can’t see news of maybe signing someone boosting season ticket sales.

4 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

This randomly popped up on my ‘X’ timeline a moment ago…

IMG_0739.thumb.png.9440c5a7ffcd7bb0a728f173572aef9c.png

I don’t remember many clubs announcing transfer news like this. Would there be any reason for it? Surely wait for the medicals and announce once the signing is confirmed?

Mark Ashton?

12 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly. 
We've all been there, after a bad relegation it can sit with fans for the entire summer if nothing happens. A few signings , some good news to spread a little optimism and that football fans blind faith can quickly be restored . 
Bad relegation , even though many would have expected it it , they need a boost to make fans think they will challenge next year. 

12 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

But surely the medical results are the biggest part of a transfer.

Not sure how many transfers fall through for medical reasons , they would know the players history anyway so I would guess surprises are rare . Even then transfers go through .

I do think it is just getting some positive news out for fans.

• Like 1