IGNORED

Scotland Euros squad

GrahamC

43 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Senior call up for Conway would be good news for us, purely on the basis of it possibly increasing his marketability if he does go this summer as anticipated.

It might encourage him to sign for Celtic if they can come up with the money. I'm not convinced he's ready for the PL, and if that's his aim another season here would benefit, but the SPL is different story. An injury free season and a regular starter should comfortably see him break the 20 goal barrier there 

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

Senior call up for Conway would be good news for us, purely on the basis of it possibly increasing his marketability if he does go this summer as anticipated.

I think this is also another reason why he has so far commited to a new contract. If he gets on the plane and makes an impact then he's going to have even more interest from clubs. 

So whilst Manning may want him to make a decision now, if you're Tommy Conway you've got nothing to lose by just seeing what happens. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

I think this is also another reason why he has so far commited to a new contract. If he gets on the plane and makes an impact then he's going to have even more interest from clubs. 

So whilst Manning may want him to make a decision now, if you're Tommy Conway you've got nothing to lose by just seeing what happens. 

He's had all season to "make an impact" in my opinion his season has been underwhelming! If he goes, doubt he gets on the pitch

As I said a few months back. Which one of Adams, Dykes & Shankland was Tommy going to get in front of? 
Those 3 were ALWAYS the 3 that were going. 
Forrest and Doak are more classed as wingers so their inclusion is nothing related to TC. 

But he was never getting in above those 3 players. 

• Like 3

2 will still be cut from that provisional squad but you'd think Ross has a real chance of going given the struggles the Scots have a right back/right wing back.

Hope he gets a go, must be a fantastic feeling to represent your country at a major tournament.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Moulin Rougier said:

2 will still be cut from that provisional squad but you'd think Ross has a real chance of going given the struggles the Scots have a right back/right wing back.

Hope he gets a go, must be a fantastic feeling to represent your country at a major tournament.

You’d assume one to be cut would be one of the four keepers so it’s really just he needs to be ahead of one other player.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Tommy was never getting in ahead of Adams or Dykes and I guess they couldn't have 3 non-Scottish strikers so Shankland got the nod.

Probably more to do with the fact Shankland has scored 27 goals this season...

3 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Tommy was never getting in ahead of Adams or Dykes and I guess they couldn't have 3 non-Scottish strikers so Shankland got the nod.

It’s not because Shankland is based in Scotland. It’s because Shankland is the top scorer in Scotland. By some distance (6 goals clear this season). And has 48 league goals in 74 league games in the last 2 seasons. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Probably more to do with the fact Shankland has scored 27 goals this season...

Probably a joke because Dykes, Conway and Adams aren't actually Scottish...

1 minute ago, Harry said:

It’s not because Shankland is based in Scotland. It’s because Shankland is the top scorer in Scotland. By some distance (6 goals clear this season). And has 48 league goals in 74 league games in the last 2 seasons. 

Oh apologies, please let me know where I said it's because Shankland is based in Scotland.

21 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Probably a joke because Dykes, Conway and Adams aren't actually Scottish...

Oh apologies, please let me know where I said it's because Shankland is based in Scotland.

I assumed when you said “non-Scottish” in your first post that you were referring to them not playing in Scotland. 
Hadn’t realised it was in reference to their ancestry.