IGNORED

Kompany - Bayern Munich manager? (Merged)

BCFCGav

Not often a manager preparing to face us next season will find themselves managing the giants of Germany instead. He’s been linked to the role following Bayern’s disastrous hunt for a Tuchel successor and Romano is giving it the ‘👀’.

Brighton, West Ham, Plymouth, Cardiff, Norwich all currently without managers and Arne Slot moving from Feyenoord to Liverpool, could be an entertaining summer of the manager merry-go-round.

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Not often a manager preparing to face us next season will find themselves managing the giants of Germany instead. He’s been linked to the role following Bayern’s disastrous hunt for a Tuchel successor and Romano is giving it the ‘👀’.

Brighton, West Ham, Plymouth, Cardiff, Norwich all currently without managers and Arne Slot moving from Feyenoord to Liverpool, could be an entertaining summer of the manager merry-go-round.

That’s the barrel firmly being scrapped.

There seems to be a lack of top class managers around at the moment. I dread to think who England will go for if Gareth Southgate leaves after the Euros.

1 minute ago, Henry said:

There seems to be a lack of top class managers around at the moment. I dread to think who England will go for if Gareth Southgate leaves after the Euros.

Phil Neville has experience of international management and is highly rated. Only by himself admittedly but still... 😇

• Haha 5

9 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Think he'd be mad to turn down Brighton, he did incredibly for the double promotion but that squad is so far short of PL quality & he has the chance to jump to a top 10 team (they would have been had they not lost 3 of their last 5) where the ownership is good and they set up is excellent for facilities. Man United will be a mess while they restructure the club & Chelsea is Chelsea. 

• Like 4

Kompany spent £100 million last summer only to be relegated with 24 points, and now he’s being seriously linked with Bayern? Has the world gone mad?

This reminds me a bit of when Bayern needed a left back 3 or 4 seasons ago and decided to sign….Omar Richards (who remains the last Englishman to win the league with Bayern). 

• Like 3

11 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Can we have Klopp - PLEASE  a lot of times.

11 hours ago, Henry said:

He will be replaced by another puppet!

10 hours ago, North London Red said:

Kompany spent £100 million last summer only to be relegated with 24 points, and now he’s being seriously linked with Bayern? Has the world gone mad?

This reminds me a bit of when Bayern needed a left back 3 or 4 seasons ago and decided to sign….Omar Richards (who remains the last Englishman to win the league with Bayern). 

To be fair managing a team at the bottom of a league is an entirely different proposition to managing one at the top.

Kompany played attacking, exciting football in the championship, and tried to do it in the Premier League with the same players who are not at that level.

Trying to play the same way of football with Sane, Mane, Gnabry, etc will be a lot easier than Ashley Westwood, Jay Rodrigues and that lump of a goalie who kept trying to score own goals.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

Cardiff? Has Erol Bulut gone? I must have missed that. 

1 minute ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Cardiff? Has Erol Bulut gone? I must have missed that. 

It's an odd one - he's ooc with no announcements from the club as of yet. 

13 hours ago, Henry said:

Eddie Howe. Better for him to jump now than be pushed out in November.

1 hour ago, Sir Geoff said:

Eddie Howe. Better for him to jump now than be pushed out in November.

Probably the best of bunch. Would seem to be along the lines of Southgate. Shame Potter didn’t do better at Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Silvio Dante said:

If anyone - anyone - thinks Kompany should be a viable contender for any decent job then this thread should be sobering. 

Given most of the points in the thread are wrong I’d hardly be believing that persons judgement 

• Haha 1

I wonder if this is paper talk, it doesn't sound like Bayern, they are usually deeply conservative in their choices. Even De Zerbi would be pretty left field. 

18 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Manager merry go round could be more exciting than the player window!

Or than watching City...😉

Looks like this could be for real judging by reports in Germany.....if i was Kane i would be slapping a transfer request in the day after it happens, poor bloke went there to win trophies but would probably have more of a chance under Ange at Spurs than Kompany at Bayern! 🤣

Can see Leverkusen dominating for a while to come if this is who they go for.

5 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Looks like this could be for real judging by reports in Germany.....if i was Kane i would be slapping a transfer request in the day after it happens, poor bloke went there to win trophies but would probably have more of a chance under Ange at Spurs than Kompany at Bayern! 🤣

Can see Leverkusen dominating for a while to come if this is who they go for.

The “Curse of Kane” and the lack of winning anything ever will continue - at least at club level!

On 20/05/2024 at 23:52, North London Red said:

Agreed, thought Kompanys efforts with Burnley last year were pretty poor, appeared very rigid in style and changed personnal too quickly, if I was a Burnley fan I wouldn't be too bothered if he left..