• Robin 2

4 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Scudamore - CEO

Moyes- Technical Director

Newman - Head of Recruitment 

Tinnion - Academy Director

Manning - Head Coach

Jon, put the crayons away and make it happen 🤔

Would have to cut the salary of the playing squad to make that happen.  A lot of extra wages there. 

• Flames 1

11 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Would have to cut the salary of the playing squad to make that happen.  A lot of extra wages there. 

We are well clear of P&S based on my calculations and the current trajectory. As I said before, I think our football specific wage bill no more than £21-22m this season and the worst loss years are drifting away.

Oh and £2.5m rise in TV money and the same again in the 3 year rolling.

Not fully sold on Scudamore as CEO however, as head of the PL that is a different type of role to running a football club.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

This while “crayons” thing is so tiresome, unintelligent and pathetic. He’s probably more educated than 99% of people on this forum 🤣

Including yourself then, because the “crayons” thing isn’t about intelligence, it’s about JL prioritising frivolous artistic ideas (the Comic Sans font training gear, new badge & Onyego) over impactful decision making.

• Like 13
  • Flames 6

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We are well clear of P&S based on my calculations and the current trajectory. As I said before, I think our football specific wage bill no more than £21-22m this season and the worst loss years are drifting away.

Not fully sold on Scudamore as CEO however, as head of the PL that is a different type of role to running a football club.

Still losing millions and millions a year so can’t see them increasing the wage bill a lot.  

8 minutes ago, Leabrook said:

Still losing millions and millions a year so can’t see them increasing the wage bill a lot.  

I would suggest there is a certain lack of realism on the part of the hierarchy given the Championship environment..

Putting aside the wish list in the thread, we can't and won't progress if looking to swim vs the tide in the current financial climate.

We might tread water, that is a trade-off we will sadly need to accept until there is a change of ownership or mindset of the present ownership.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, RedRaw said:

Scudamore - CEO

Moyes- Technical Director

Newman - Head of Recruitment 

Tinnion - Academy Director

Manning - Head Coach

Jon, put the crayons away and make it happen 🤔

No, get rid of Tinnion all together 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Newman as Head of Recruitment could two good contacts of course and has know how at a higher level.

Moyes as DoF feels fanciful.

It’s all fanciful….aint gonna happen is it….but a nice idea.

• Like 5

Just now, Davefevs said:

Oh yes.

Right now with City I do tend to drift into what could and should be..rather than the depressing reality!

Just feels like we are rudderless, unrealistic at a strategic (ie board and DoF) level- could go on.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Tim Monaghan said:

This while “crayons” thing is so tiresome, unintelligent and pathetic. He’s probably more educated than 99% of people on this forum 🤣

I always image the people using that term as the sort of people that laugh at Mrs Browns Boys. 

So you lazily assume your idol is more intelligent than pretty much everyone on a forum….you sound like the type of person who believes all football fans are knuckle-dragging hooligans.

I think you’re giving Jon more credit than he deserves……he has generally never worked anywhere where his father wasn't the boss and there have been comments in the past from people that worked with or for him that have been less than complimentary about his ‘skills’

‘Crayon boy’ is just a nickname that suits Jon as explained by Phileas….a bit like me calling you Tim Mona-lot 😱

oh….and I have never watched Mrs Browns Boys

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

25 minutes ago, The Coach said:

No, get rid of Tinnion all together 

And… not that it’ll happen but you wouldn’t need Manning. Moyes would be  a manager in the Pearson style not a head coach. 

Nice thought but not happening….

“Coming down here with you premier league egos, what do you know that our band of mates, good humans and family friends don’t?”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Would depend. I honestly wouldn't mind him as Chairman/CEO with the sponsorship that would attract. 

Getting rid of O'Neills for a start.

1 hour ago, Tim Monaghan said:

I always image the people using that term as the sort of people that laugh at Mrs Browns Boys. 

How are we measuring it? 

As going from a purely academic standpoint his CV is nothing special in the slightest.

35 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Newman as Head of Recruitment could two good contacts of course and has know how at a higher level.

Moyes as DoF feels fanciful.

Ideal world. Scudamore as Chairman, with DM as Consultant, and Newman head of recruitment.

JL out to farm heading up his little media side gig.

Tinns back to head up the academy.

Can dream.

• Like 3

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jon-lansdown-b3b24239/ 

99% is a stretch. As a young person at the start of my career, I'd love to pick his brains on how to go from an entry level role to an Executive Director in just 6 years!

• Haha 5

Being educated doesn't mean you have any  common sense or in fact the skill base and quiet frankly probably doesn't know how to laugh at joke! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

Robs contact list wouldn't be any good to us, we are talking different planets who he has been dealing with 

Certain youth loans? Ahead of the queue or favourable terms.

Other clubs tap contacts, it seems to be a bigger part of the game- would add another dimension really.

2 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

Sticking to your forum anti abuse stance is still going well I see Ghostie….

• Flames 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He's qualified and experienced. There's no place for his type at Bristol City. He's probably got an ego and only focused on his own career anyway. 😁

• Flames 4

3 hours ago, Tim Monaghan said:

What is even more tiresome is your continual idolisation of a Daddies Boy completely out of his depth

But hey ho each to their own

Edited by frenchred
  • Flames 1