IGNORED

Lloyd Kelly to Newcastle , Free.

Seeing Newcastle have agreed terms with Lloyd Kelly , although it is the S*n passing on a French report so .....

Glad for Kelly , though it could have been worth a fair bit of money in sell on's if he had gone when this link was first suggested a year or more ago. Glad we got a decent fee to start with , but would have been handy to get a little cash boost about now. 

8 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Think we got £14m for him with £7m of potential add-ons. Assume we didn't get many of the add-ons.

The only one I could think we may have got would be appearances .

Yeah he was linked with Newcastle for a substantial fee iirc in January 2022 but Bournemouth wouldn't sell.

I really hope they fall foul of FFP, they haven't sold anyone of note in several years, fired 2 managers, hired another which will have cost and fans seem to think they are some prudent club. Albeit could be a vocal minority.

Pumped up by cheating FFP in part then Russian selling to an even richer American..how they don't fall foul or have to tighten belts significantly is a mystery.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yeah he was linked with Newcastle for a substantial fee iirc in January 2022 but Bournemouth wouldn't sell.

I really hope they fall foul of FFP, they haven't sold anyone of note in several years, fired 2 managers, hired another which will have cost and fans seem to think they are some prudent club. Albeit could be a vocal minority.

Pumped up by cheating FFP in part then Russian selling to an even richer American..how they don't fall foul or have to tighten belts significantly is a mystery.

Yeah the whole "fairy tale" scenario that people built around Bournemouth always annoys me......same as what is happening with Wrexham as well now. But hey, if it works then it works, it's just not the miracle that some like to make it out to be.......Luton on the other hand (& even Coventry if they would of went up instead) is more of a fairy tale scenario.

• Like 4

Just now, Mr Hankey said:

Yeah the whole "fairy tale" scenario that people built around Bournemouth always annoys me......same as what is happening with Wrexham as well now. But hey, if it works then it works, it's just not the miracle that some like to make it out to be.......Luton on the other hand (& even Coventry if they would of went up instead) is more of a fairy tale scenario.

Agreed.

It still doesn't make much sense the FFP side though relative to the rest of the League. It's absolutely no fairy tale, them and Fulham annoy me albeit Fulham at least sell some players and being a bigger club will have bigger attendances, FFP allowances, Cat 1 Academy so that's easier to understand.

55 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Yeah the whole "fairy tale" scenario that people built around Bournemouth always annoys me.....

It is a fairy tale. Little Bournemouth being a mid table Premiership team was unimaginable 20 years ago.

Yes they spent their way there, but Cinderella had a fairy godmother to get her to the party. Snow White was kissed. 

• Hmmm 2

1 minute ago, Selred said:

It is a fairy tale. Little Bournemouth being a mid table Premiership team was unimaginable 20 years ago.

Yes they spent their way there, but Cinderella had a fairy godmother to get her to the party. Snow White was kissed. 

Personally i disagree, on that same basis 20 years ago it was unimaginable that Man City would win 4 league titles in a row and a Champions league - would you call that a fairy tale as well? Fair play if you do, but it's not for me chief.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Selred said:

They cheated their way up and seem to be immune to the usual restrictions of everyone else.

In no way a fairy tale.

They have had some good governance, recruitment and coaching too but the initial foundation was the cheating. Has they stuck to limits in 2014-15 when it was much looser FFP rules do they go up?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They cheated their way up and seem to be immune to the usual restrictions of everyone else.

In no way a fairy tale.

They have had some good governance, recruitment and coaching too but the initial foundation was the cheating. Has they stuck to limits in 2014-15 when it was much looser FFP rules do they go up?

They did get a fine in 2016 ( I checked £7.6M ) but weigh that against the rewards and it's a pointless fine. 
I don't have the patience to check, but I'd love to know how much more QPR did to warrant a (reduced) £40m fine to the one that Bournemouth got. 

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

They did get a fine in 2016 ( I checked £7.6M ) but weigh that against the rewards and it's a pointless fine. 
I don't have the patience to check, but I'd love to know how much more QPR did to warrant a (reduced) £40m fine to the one that Bournemouth got. 

Ooh I remember that one, QPR case was unique.

They said "Losses of £8m or so. We pass".

Turned out that they had done some kind of debt Writeoff to equity through Profit and Loss. True loss was £68-69m, they got off very lightly in some ways, £40m was a settlement but Kieran Maguire broke it down well. 

https://priceoffootball.com/qpr-ffp-fine-everything-counts-in-large-amounts/

Think the League initially wanted a fine of £50-55m.