IGNORED

What Worries Me

Port Said Red

I wanted to write this as soon as I got home yesterday, but decided to think about things first. I'm glad I did because I think individual players may have got some (probably) unfair criticism the way I felt at the end ofthe match.

I have spent the last three weeks saying that it's only three games etc and we should give the mamangement time to "bed in" etc, however after yesterday I am more worried than I should be at this stage of a season.

The reason I am worried is not because we have had 4 poor results, or because individuals are not playing well, the reason I am worried is because I can't see what the methods or plans that Tinnion is trying to instil are.

I wouldn't be worried if this was clear cut and the players were just struggling to get things right, build an understanding, etc but that isn't what happened yesterday and it was worse instead of better than it was against Torquay.

We were clueless for 44 minutes in the first half and lucky to get in level. We actually started quite well in the second half, then they scored and the panic started. If anybody can enlightening me to what system we were supposed to be playing after the substitutions I would be grateful, because I couldn't work it out and I am damn sure the players didn't know. :grr:

I believe this more than anything else is what caused the poor individual performances, it causes a lack of confidence and therefore a lack of good decision making.

For example, the poor form of the players in front of him, only highlighted Phillips inability to deal with a cross of any kind and the poor service from midfield contributed to the fact that Miller didn't win a ball in the air until the 91st minute.

Even after reflection though, there is one player whose performance I am struggling to defend; As much as I hate to say it, Woodman was so poor that Swindon didn't even bother to mark him in the 2nd half and the way he walked off when substituted suggested he couldn't get off the pitch quick enough.

Given a structure the others should improve, they had a structure last season and a similar group of players nearly did it.

Judging by his interview Tinnion, nees to learn that talking to players about a teams threat, is not the same as telling them how to deal with it.

Maybe if he wasn't on the pitch he could see what is happening clearer?

Judging by his interview Tinnion, nees to learn that talking to players about a teams threat, is not the same as telling them how to deal with it.

Maybe if he wasn't on the pitch he could see what is happening clearer?

Exactly! He said he was dissapointed about conceding from set peices because they "talked" about them , sorry tinns but talking about them isnt the same as practising them.

As for tinns playing days i think they are well and truly over (or at least they should be!) , he is awfull , he slows the game down , cant pass (anymore) ,cant tackle , the play has to go through him because he's the manager. He just nocks the ball into the corner for lita and miller (or whoever he chooses to partner his love child lita) to chase , he was very good at the long ball in his playing days , and i'm afraid because of that its the playing "style" we have adopted. He started off trying to play good football , against torquay we kept the ball on the floor without end product , now he's panicing and has reverted to the long ball , thats what worries me the most , that he doesnt have faith in his own tactics , so how can the players?? :grr:

Archived