IGNORED

Part Time Madrid & Milan Fans!

KingswoodRed

Right that's it.

How fickle can you get!!!!!

I mean come on....

....I know the Champions League Cup is a Mickey Mouse cup, but that's no excuse for these part time fans.

Yes I know they only had the likes of Ronaldo, Figo, Zidan to name just a few of these third rate players, but no way is that an excuse surely!!??

Did you see all the empty spaces??

I reckon both games only had half the normal attendances.

It's a disgrace.

I bet there will be full houses again in the next game.....they should be ashamed of themselves.

Just goes to show eh? :)

I know these teams have big stadiums, but the gates at a lot of these matches seem really low in champs lge.

Also I was in a pub the other day that was showing Bayern V Bremen and I was beginning to wonder if it was being played behind closed doors. There were acres of green seats in the background with the occasional person who could have been just the ball boy.

Fantastic Post Kingswood!

Just goes to show how all these ramblings about the fickle world of west country folk is utter garbage.

Three cheers for the sons (and daughters) of King Alfred!

OK an OOOOHH ARRRRR! will suffice. :D

In passing - I was at last Saturday's game, took my Sister and her fella as the usual pilgrimage from Trowbridge was short staffed :how funny: due to Christmas, ticket price etc, etc, etc.

I was actually at the Bernabeu for the game and you are right. The fans just do not support their team. I had tickets anyway, but it would have been easy to just walk up and pay to get in, and this is for the major european championship!, The atmosphere reminded me a bit of the gate, i.e. not a lot! the only time the fans vented any sort of noise was against the referee and when Porto were taking their penalty.

Mind you what a stadium, even the stands had heating in them!!

Guest lobster

Only in England and Germany do they have sell-outs in the group stages of the Champions League. Italian and Spanish fans are much more interested in their domestic leagues which are, to be fair, more competitive than ours.

Frankly the group stages are little more than a money making exercise before the real competition starts. I think it's a bit unfair to deride foreign supporters as part-timers - some of them would rather wait for some meaningful matches. You should start to see the grounds fill up in the last sixteen.

Supporters in this country are unarguably loyal but this devotion is exploited by clubs who have only themselves to blame for financial difficulties. Tickets at some top grounds in the Bundesliga and Serie A cost less than the average second division game. Who are the mugs?

Archived