IGNORED

Attendance

potbelly

Anyone else a little concerned at the size of the gate on Saturday?

Due to the poor start to the season, i reckon it was at least 2,000 down on what it should have been.

As a rough guess i would say this equates to about 40-50k that was spent in the Galleries/broadmead/b&q etc, instead of going through the turnstiles.

If the trend continues then by the end of Oct we could be down about 300k on budgeted gate receipts.

Enough to buy a player or two?

Enough to pay for some help for Tins?

Enough to cover the cost of EE?

Invest now or face a very slippery slope.

04/10/03 BCFC 2-1 STFC att: 14,294

21/08/04 BCFC 1-2 STFC att: 13,389

And unless my eyes deceived me ( don't know the official figures) there were a fair few more Swindon fans there on Saturday than last October.

Not many more than 11,000 City fans in the ground for a Derby against Swindon.

If the team had managed to capitalise on the optimism and fervour of the big crowd just before kick-off against Torquay with a winning start to the season then with what Swindon brought a crowd of between 15-16,000 could have been expected.

Lots of punctured dreams in the intervening 2 weeks.

;)

And unless my eyes deceived me ( don't know the official figures) there were a fair few more Swindon fans there on Saturday than last October.

Not many more than 11,000 City fans in the ground for a Derby against Swindon.

If the team had managed to capitalise on the optimism and fervour of the big crowd just before kick-off against Torquay with a winning start to the season then with what Swindon brought a crowd of between 15-16,000 could have been expected.

Lots of punctured dreams in the intervening 2 weeks.

when youve won a few games..you,ll all be ok...just wait and see..much 2 early...youve done it before...start ####..then gradually sneak up the table... :unsure:

Archived