IGNORED

10 Games

Roadrunner

At the end of last season i said that Danny should be given 10 games this season. If we were in the top 2 fine. If we were not time to say goodbye. SL then sacked Danny saying not gaining promotion last season was not on, and Brian was appointed to gain us promotion. After 4 games i am not happy, but will give BT 10 games if we are not in the top 2 then time to say goodbye. Before you say it i am not being unfair, and yes i knom about Alex Fergusion first few months at MU. But at the end of the day i am fed up with a board who move on our top scorers season after season, Thorpe,Murray, Peacock, and i could go back further. The fans at this club have been loyal and turned out in great numbers over the years. Generating lots of money which this board has wasted. We lose money every year, we dont gain promotion, we are 4th from the bottom of div3. If we look above us you can see Crewe,Rotherham,Gillingham, Watford,Reading,Plymouth, Wigan,Norwich, and West Bromwich.Let alone the teams in our division. After last season all time low at Wycombe and i have been impressed with Tony Adams signings in the summer. I am not to confident re this weeks match. Then i look at the fixture list for the next 5 games ( making 10 games) I just hope i am wrong, if i am not then we should be speaking to Paul Sturrock or someone of his calabre now.I can not wait another 3 to 5 years for success.At the end of the day like 60% of football clubs. We are run by people who hearts might be in the right place thier football and business sence are not. Please, please prove me wrong.

The board wasted the money?!

You mean they insisted that Danny Wilson spent all that money on players?

I am sick and tired of people slating our directors. Look at other clubs and the states some of them are in. To slate Steve Lansdown and his fellow directors is not only very unfair to them, it is arrogant in the extreme.

After 10 games last yuear we had just drawn with QPR and had 14 points.

Are you saying that if BT cannot better that he should go? (Before anyone gets the calculators out defeat at Vale on Saturday would make it impossible to beat that total.

Other people are saying xmas before a decision gets made. After Boxing days win at Brentford last year we had 37 points from 23 games. To better that he needs 36 points from 19 games. Realistically 10 wins are needed to do that. Very tough

Incidentally Swindle were the lowest placed of the final play off teams at xmas last year with 31 points. Is this total therefore acceptable??

My point really is if things continue to not go well at what point should any decision be made? Do we make it early as Lowe seems to have done at Soton or do we cling on till xmas with half the season gone?

Times like this i'm glad i ain't the chairman.

Of course a dozen or so wins between now and xmas make the decision for him and lets all cross everything now and pray!!!

But at the end of the day i am fed up with a board who move on our top scorers season after season, Thorpe,Murray, Peacock, and i could go back further

It's not like we are a Chelsea or a Man Utd. We dont have a massive fanbase throughout every continent and therefore to stay out of the Red financially is very difficult. So we have to sell off our best assets, nobody likes to do it but thats life.

Fair point but Thorpe and Peaock walked away for nothing despite costing £1.6m between them

That's football nowadays though. Many footballers aren't going to sign an extension to their contract when they know that in a years time they can have clubs fighting over their signature, and hence their wages.

Roadrunner - I don't see what sacking Danny after 10 games this season would have achieved. And we may have been in the top two after 10 games, but what about after that? If we slipped out of that position, would he have been sacked? A manager constantly looking over his shoulder can't be a good thing - I can't see you being a very good people motivator with those tactics I'm afraid ;)

I'm also always interested when people slate the board about how they would have run the club, but they rarely ever tell me. So go on, indulge me... how would have you run this club for the past couple of years, and not 'wasted cash'?

Of course much of the criticism is brought about by perceived causes, not actual ones. Thorpe and Peacock simply did not want to play for City anymore so no matter what happened it was impossible to keep them, and financial reasons also have a lot to do with it. City cannot - unlike Chelski - throw money in an unending stream at players. Its plain and simple.

The chairman and directors have a limited budget to play with, restricted by new league rules that state a club can only pay out 60% of its revenue in wages (so Wednesday with a bigger capacity have a larger revenue so can pay out more), therefore they can only offer players so much. Unfortunately there are a number of players who aren't bright enough to see that unemployment beckons and believe clubs will break down the door to sign them, so they turn down realistic offers and sit on the dole waiting for a call that never comes.

In that environment what hope have clubs got when negotiating for realistic contracts? Greedy agents stand behind players whispering words of lucre in their ears, agents care not about the player's well-being, they only want a fee for making the player change clubs, so they encourage players to quit the club for another.

So when looking for a scapegoat at a player leaving a club, look not to those who try to run the club on a sound financial footing thereby guaranteeing its future, but at the player or his agent.

At the end of last season i said that Danny should be given 10 games this season. If we were in the top 2 fine. If we were not time to say goodbye. SL then sacked Danny saying not gaining promotion last season was not on, and Brian was appointed to gain us promotion. After 4 games i am not happy, but will give BT 10 games if we are not in the top 2 then time to say goodbye. Before you say it i am not being unfair, and yes i knom about Alex Fergusion first few months at MU. But at the end of the day i am fed up with a board who move on our top scorers season after season, Thorpe,Murray, Peacock, and i could go back further. The fans at this club have been loyal and turned out in great numbers over the years. Generating lots of money which this board has wasted. We lose money every year, we dont gain promotion, we are 4th from the bottom of div3. If we look above us you can see Crewe,Rotherham,Gillingham, Watford,Reading,Plymouth, Wigan,Norwich, and West Bromwich.Let alone the teams in our division. After last season all time low at Wycombe and i have been impressed with Tony Adams signings in the summer. I am not to confident re this weeks match. Then i look at the fixture list for the next 5 games ( making 10 games) I just hope i am wrong, if i am not then we should be speaking to Paul Sturrock or someone of his calabre now.I can not wait another 3 to 5 years for success.At the end of the day like 60% of football clubs. We are run by people who hearts might be in the right place thier football and business sence are not. Please, please prove me wrong.

Thorpe, and Leapy, didnt want to stay at all, and Murray, "wanted one last crack at the big time".

Players dont want to stay here- Goat, Akinbiyi, Brennan, Newman, Barnard, Agostino, Allison, Taylor, Shutt, Waugh, Sinclair, *snigger* the Broons, & Carey *snigger* ...I really to struggle bar Clue-Lesses signings to find any players transferred to other clubs........ck me Mickey Bell was listed last season, and he's still here, and probably among our better players.........The idea of Wilson/Taylor/McGee/Sturrock etc is appealing, but Wilson was a FAILURE, Taylor wont, McGee wont, and its even doubtfull Luggy would come here anyway...........Neither City or Rovers are ever going to acheive anything with all the constant sniping at boards/managers etc. Both boards should come out and give us a vision, and then let us all acheive it........I for one am sick of the underacheivers tag.......Plymouth are now the best West Country club, and it aint that long since Rovers got bigger gates than them, currently Torquay fer f ecks sake!!! are above us both too.

Rotherham, Gillingham, Crewe, Brighton are all a division above us despite lower gates!!

And similar teams to us: Watford, Milwall, Baadiff, Plymuff, Stoke, Reading, Preston, Burnley.

Let alone sides like Wolves Birmingham, West Brom, Sheffield Utd, Ipswich, Norwich, whom we've played in recent times...face it its disgraceful, and we can/should/will we do about it...........over to our board then...........

Archived