IGNORED

Situation Vacant: Director Of Football

Guest akahenryviii

Guest akahenryviii

Situation Vacant: Big football club with large loyal fan base require an experienced person with good knowledge of lower leagues, preferably with proven promotion experience to act as director of football to assist new manager of the football club with guidence and knowledge.

Applications immediately considered at Ashton Gate, emergency cover required.

Agree anyone?

Guest akahenryviii
Situation Vacant: Big football club with large loyal fan base require an experienced person with good knowledge of lower leagues, preferably with proven promotion experience to act as director of football to assist new manager of the football club with guidence and knowledge.

Agree anyone?

I think this is the best way to save the clubs finances and give BT some experienced input, and keep in in his job, at which, I feel in time he can be very sucessful.

Maybe even a "football advisor" just for the experience.

Agree anyone?

Loyal fan base... where have the 30,000 + gone from the millenium stadium?

Lower leagues, got that spot on.

To assist the manager, more like wipe his rear and hold his hand while he sends you down. But apart from that, reasonable job ad.

Agree anyone?

Originally I thought you were talking about us but, you then said 'big club' hence ruling BCFC out

Guest akahenryviii
Originally I thought you were talking about us but, you then said 'big club' hence ruling BCFC out

Ok ditch the "big". Bristol City Football Club with moderate fan base require an experienced person with good knowledge of lower leagues, preferably with proven promotion experience to act as director of football to assist new manager of the football club with guidence and knowledge.

Better?

Guest Tom Taylor

I have a problem with "proven promotion experience". What we need is someone who can rescue us from otherwise certain relegation e.g. Bobby Gould who did that very job with Peterborough United last season.

Ray Graydon is out of work at the moment he knows your division inside out and has won promotion from it twice.Make sure you employ Chris Nicholl as well as Ray is a lost puppy without him.Make sure you have plenty of red wine in the bars because Ray likes a few pints of that every 10 minutes.

Guest akahenryviii
Correct - we are a big City club, as are the Gas!

This is meant to be a debate about getting someone in with some managerial experience, rather than whether City are a "big" club or otherwise!

Guest akahenryviii
How about Benny Lenartson?

I think someone with experience of the league in England, someone who has been there and done it. Someone who can take Tins under his wing and say "I think it would be best if you...". That way we retain Tins and get him a mentor. I am sure it would work.

Guest akahenryviii
who knows?? I know one thing though Bristol City FC can not afford to sack Tinnion..

Agreed. I would rather pay the extra wages to give Tins the support of someone who knows a bit about it. I mean who wouldnt appreciate a bit of sage councel in a time of need?

Archived