IGNORED

Millen And Taylor

GrahamC

Whilst Tins is obviously taking the majority of the flack over results, has anyone thought about the contribution (or lack of it) from our coaching staff? these two former centre halves presumably have some input to the way we're defending and it's a shambles.

As part of the "cosy club" set up, whereby all of our many coaches seem to have to be former players with no track record of success at senior level these two and Walshy are just as much a fundamental part of the problem.

The first step has to be a radical shake up of the coaching set up, many said Leroy Rosenior was unpopular with the players when he was with us, but could you honestly see any of our current caching staff leaving us and achieving promotion with a club the size of Torquay?

Whilst Tins is obviously taking the majority of the flack over results, has anyone thought about the contribution (or lack of it) from our coaching staff? these two former centre halves presumably have some input to the way we're defending and it's a shambles.

As part of the "cosy club" set up, whereby all of our many coaches seem to have to be former players with no track record of success at senior level these two and Walshy are just as much a fundamental part of the problem.

The first step has to be a radical shake up of the coaching set up, many said Leroy Rosenior was unpopular with the players when he was with us, but could you honestly see any of our current caching staff leaving us and achieving promotion with a club the size of Torquay?

The problem with defending set pieces was a weakness last year. Last year neither Millen (U17s) nor Taylor (reserves) were involved with the first team. They have been brought in to deal with the first team because we're now operating on a shoestring budget. It's too early to judge them.

I'm not an expert but I'm led to believe that defending set pieces is 20% training ground and 80% desire / motivation. The right atmosphere has to be set for the desire / motivation to come in and I'm not sure that Taylor and Walsh have much say in changing that.

Guest hairyshamrock

It's down to the individuals, Tinnion strikes me as the sort of guy who could be a coach - not a manager. If you have to ask the difference then i'm worried.

The manager has to be strong enough to stand up to the players, have a level of distance from the players, and can influence them when the brown stuff hits the whirly thing!

Tinnion by those standards is too close to the players, can't influence them cos he's already getting snotty in post match interviews and is nothing more than the sort of bloke who will pick players purely on the basis that they are mates and they should be picked (Doherty, Bell and Murray to name just 3!)

Archived