IGNORED

Internal Promotion

Maesknoll Red

• Admin

So, cards on the table, I was happy to see the back of Danny Wilson, I still remain convinced that it was the right decision to see him go, I felt and still feel that he had taken us as far as he could. The rapid appointment of Tinman, given the desire he has indicated to be Manager, over the last couple of years, wasn't a surprise, but I was disappointed that the position of Manager wasn't open to applications.

As a player, and from the few occasions I have met him, Tinman has convinced me with his enthusiasim and commitment, but an internal promotion is virtually guaranteed to be fraught with difficulties. The way he copes with and if he is to be successful, surmounts these difficulties will make or break him as a Manager.

I'm sure that most of us have seen the problems caused by an internal promotion, often ending up with one or more members of staff moving on, or the new Manager being broken. Whilst I've never been in the services or police etc. I am led to believe that if you are promoted whilst working within these services, you are moved to a new unit, to avoid the problems caused when promoted over ones peers.

Tinman needs to take stock, consider what he says to the press (including the clubs website) and if necessary move on anyone who has an issue with him being Manager, if he can't do this he may as well walk away now. I wouldn't want to see this, but he needs to make his mark, if he is making man management mistakes (who doesn't in their first management job) the board should be advising him, the board members cannot have built multi-million pound business's with poor management.

I am as impatient as the the rest of you and want us to win whatever league we are in, every season, but the realisation that football has changed massively since the inception of the Premier league is now dawning on me. How many players are loaned or sold from div 1, 2 or 3 to the Premiership? We are watching poor quality football, with players that have some element, whether that be technical or mental, missing from their make-up. The Bolton Chairman was on Radio 5 today and (far from being big-headed) he was citing the massive gulf between the Premiership and div 1, let alone the gap to the lower leagues.

We seem to have suffered for a long time now from the inability to pick up decent loan signings or the odd surprise signing, Andy Cole and Dziekanowski being the last 'impressive' signings, we all want to believe the 'big' club mantle, but its time for a reality check, When we have managed to get promoted, for one reason or another we have come back to this level, whereas a club who used to be regular opponenents are now 3rd in the Premier league.

What has stopped us building on the moderate successes?

The West Country deserves and could support a successful premiership team, how long do we have to wait?

Interesting points & yes,having been there & gaining promtion to be a boss of guys who were once my colleagues, aint easy.

But you should also know the strengths & weakness's of all around.

I have the difficulty in knowing what is best at a football club.

Tinnion knows the club inside out & is very comfortable in the surroundings.This then deems the appt as cosy & an option full of stability.

But in many tried & tested examples, it appears best that fresh faces,ideas etc, breeds desire thought wanting to impress.

While I still hope to be proved wrong, I reckon that Tinnion's appt was a comfy cosy one that was hoping for stability.What we should have done was to freshen things up throughout the club & I mean from 1st team through to Academy level.

Was Tinnion respected as a player ? I think maybe not within the senior ranks, hence the reason that he is blooding a number of younger players who wouldn't have played with him & see him as a loyal player & servent & their route to the 1st team.

No doubting he could become a good manager, but it looks as if more players will have to come & go first.

Tinnion has been a great ambassador for BCFC.Sells the club well.

Perhaps he would be better in a PR capacity.(only jesting)

In business circles, much headhunting is done to achieve success,perhaps we should have followed this example.

Please hope I'm wrong.

We'll probably only be able to get to the premiership when we get at least a few homegrown talents over a few years as talented or almost as talented as the premiership young guys pop up. Then we can either sell them or keep them, and if we sell them use that money to improve our team. And then one day in the far away future, we might be there.

I am as impatient as the the rest of you and want us to win whatever league we are in, every season, but the realisation that football has changed massively since the inception of the Premier league is now dawning on me. How many players are loaned or sold from div 1, 2 or 3 to the Premiership?  We are watching poor quality football, with players that have some element, whether that be technical or mental, missing from their make-up.  The Bolton Chairman was on Radio 5 today and (far from being big-headed) he was citing the massive gulf between the Premiership and div 1, let alone the gap to the lower leagues.

We seem to have suffered for a long time now from the inability to pick up decent loan signings or the odd surprise signing, Andy Cole and Dziekanowski being the last 'impressive' signings, we all want to believe the 'big' club mantle, but its time for a reality check, When we have managed to get promoted, for one reason or another we have come back to this level, whereas a club who used to be regular opponenents are now 3rd in the Premier league.

At last someone else has come out of the pipe dream and had a reality check!

I have said this many times before but BCFC have been left behind and can look at lower league football for many years to come.

After 30 years of travelling home & away I got fed up of watching a drastically falling standard of lower league football which I felt wasn't giving me value for money.

It had just become a bad habit which as I've said before like smoking I have managed to kick.

Having taken time out after the birth of my two young children. I have found I can thankfully say I don't miss it one bit and have no intention of returning.

Maybe a few more like myself and Schutzhund and the expectation levels can be lowered to REALISTIC levels.

:););):grr::laugh::laugh:

It had just become a bad habit which as I've said before like smoking I have managed to kick.

Having taken time out after the birth of my two young children. I have found I can thankfully say I don't miss it one bit and have no intention of returning.

Maybe a few more like myself and Schutzhund and the expectation levels can be lowered to REALISTIC levels.

:)  ;)  ;)  :grr:  :laugh:  :laugh:

If you've kicked the habit, why are you on here?

It either interests you or it doesn't.

I don't see how you can get angry about people having expectation levels about something in which you have just admitted you don't have any interest.

I presume you sit next to people who smoke, getting angry and telling them how you quit and how bad it is for them, whilst secretly inhaling their smoke too.

If you've kicked the habit, why are you on here?

I suppose I just love to see I made the right decision and see that others slowly are entering the real world !!

It either interests you or it doesn't.

It's just interesting to see that the club, despite all the change never seems to progress !!

I don't see how you can get angry about people having expectation levels about something in which you have just admitted you don't have any interest.

If you ever get there you will find that after following a club home & away for thirty years you will always have some interest however small.

I have just found better things to do on matchdays and don't miss it.

But I do find the situation the club has put itself in rather amusing as they have no one else to blame but themselves.

And in doing so have left themselves drastically behind which I'm sure you will agree. A gap has opened which is just about impossible to bridge with or without major investment.

On a positive note though for you small minded supporters is that the 'Bristol Derby' could soon be back, something for you to enjoy or endure not sure which one's the right word !!

Just shows how standards have dropped when you could have league derbies against the Rugby Club !!

I suppose I just love to see I made the right decision and see that others slowly are entering the real world !!

It's just interesting to see that the club, despite all the change never seems to progress !!

If you ever get there you will find that after following a club home & away for thirty years you will always have some interest however small.

I have just found better things to do on matchdays and don't miss it.

But I do find the situation the club has put itself in rather amusing as they have no one else to blame but themselves.

And in doing so have left themselves drastically behind which I'm sure you will agree. A gap has opened which is just about impossible to bridge with or without major investment.

On a positive note though for you small minded supporters is that the 'Bristol Derby' could soon be back, something for you to enjoy or endure not sure which one's  the right word !!

Just shows how standards have dropped when you could have league derbies against the Rugby Club !!

Okay, so what you're saying is, you revel in seeing the club at a level below the one it is capable of attaining and find it amusing.

I'm glad you've found other things to do with your Saturdays. I doubt you'll be missed.

Classic denial stuff which translates to your missus won't let you out - I'd be sorry for you if your profile didn't say you were a gooner anyway :Sleep12: :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Classic denial stuff which translates to your missus won't let you out - I'd be sorry for you if your profile didn't say you were a gooner anyway  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:

But Arsenal expect to be winning the Champions' League, which they haven't managed to achieve.

I think chezzed needs to question whether they represent value for money and I wonder how long it will be before he distances himself from them and finds their inability to lift the prize they covet 'amusing'.

So, cards on the table, I was happy to see the back of Danny Wilson, I still remain convinced that it was the right decision to see him go, I felt and still feel that he had taken us as far as he could.  The rapid appointment of Tinman, given the desire he has indicated to be Manager, over the last couple of years, wasn't a surprise, but I was disappointed that the position of Manager wasn't open to applications.

As a player, and from the few occasions I have met him, Tinman has convinced me with his enthusiasim and commitment, but an internal promotion is virtually  guaranteed to be fraught with difficulties. The way he copes with and if he is to be successful, surmounts these difficulties will make or break him as a Manager.

I'm sure that most of us have seen the problems caused by an internal promotion, often ending up with one or more members of staff moving on, or the new Manager being broken. Whilst I've never been in the services or police etc. I am led to believe that if you are promoted whilst working within these services, you are moved to a new unit, to avoid the problems caused when promoted over ones peers.

Tinman needs to take stock, consider what he says to the press (including the clubs website) and if necessary move on anyone who has an issue with him being Manager, if he can't do this he may as well walk away now. I wouldn't want to see this, but he needs to make his mark, if he is making man management mistakes (who doesn't in their first management job) the board should be advising him, the board members cannot have built multi-million pound business's with poor management.

I am as impatient as the the rest of you and want us to win whatever league we are in, every season, but the realisation that football has changed massively since the inception of the Premier league is now dawning on me. How many players are loaned or sold from div 1, 2 or 3 to the Premiership?  We are watching poor quality football, with players that have some element, whether that be technical or mental, missing from their make-up.  The Bolton Chairman was on Radio 5 today and (far from being big-headed) he was citing the massive gulf between the Premiership and div 1, let alone the gap to the lower leagues.

What has stopped us building on the moderate successes?

The West Country deserves and could support a successful premiership team, how long do we have to wait?

spot on post, Schutzhund..............as to your question about promotion in the services/police- yes, you do get moved, usually, even if its to another part of the same unit, EXCEPT, teeth arm units (Infantry etc) where sometimes you take over from someone else, usually because you are like an existing deputy, BUT you always get additional training on acheiving the promotion, usually before you take up your new post..............something Tins has had no chance to do, which is his biggest problem, and who can he call on for help, when he hits a problem, but, he definitely has the character to do the job, so he has an advantage...........but by Christ, I wouldnt be in his shoes for all the tea in China-that pressure from this clubs history, of which he's been a significant part of......

But Arsenal expect to be winning the Champions' League, which they haven't managed to achieve.

I think chezzed needs to question whether they represent value for money and I wonder how long it will be before he distances himself from them and finds their inability to lift the prize they covet 'amusing'.

Don't even attempt to compare the dross churned out in front you mugs at Ashton Gate with the entertainment given at Highbury.

Even at £20-£40 a game I can assure you it is far better value for money.

The two clubs are from different planets allways have been and always will be.

Classic denial stuff which translates to your missus won't let you out - I'd be sorry for you if your profile didn't say you were a gooner anyway  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:  :Sleep12:

She doesn't have a problem with me and the kids going to Highbury though !!

COME ON YOU GOONERS !!!!!

:););):grr::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Shut the door on your way out will you! 

:)  ;)

I'm off now, got to sort my tickets for the first Champions League fixture at home to PSV.

I shall return at the next managerial merry go round at AG.

Shouldn't be gone long then !!

Of ######## I forgot to shut the door !!!!

Can someone please close it behind me, I'm sure there won't be shortage of volunteers !!!

See you all again very soon.

;):grr::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I'm off now, got to sort my tickets for the first Champions League fixture at home to PSV.

Can someone please close it behind me, I'm sure there won't be shortage of volunteers !!!

:)  ;)  ;)  :grr:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Bye, then.

Happy glory hunting.

:)  ;)  ;)  :grr:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

Oh (I tried to say a naughty word) off, most people grew out of chopping and changing their football teams at primary school, I would rather see Bristol full of gas shirts than the muck of Man U, Liverpool and Arsenal.

I expect you were one of those at them Millenium stadium back in May, you are the lowest form of life known to man, a glory seeker, I expect you'll be at Stamford Bridge next year, ######!!!!!!

Guest monster red

To some of us "chezzed" watching our team is a passion regardless of which league they are in!!

You enjoy watching and pretending you care, whilst we get on with supporting our local side!!

I watched Leeds V Man utd three seasons ago (Birthday present) although the atphosphere was fantastic I couldnt really get into the game because it meant nothing to me!

:)

Archived