IGNORED

Tonights Game And The Atmosphere

mightyreds89

Just got back from the gate and i have to say that I'm not to disheartend.

Yes we lost 3-0 and gave away 3 sloppy goals! These we would probably not have been punished for in Div 2. You d have to remember that we were playing a 6th place prem team.

I thought at times we played some reall good football and pressured Southmapton across the whole pitch, we caused probloms and on another day could have got a few goals with a bit more luck.

I think Southampton scored at just the right time for them as we had had a lot of the game before that and they must have been getting less and less confident until the 1st goal came there way.

I feel these were tonights plus points:

We caused problems in spells for a top half prem team!

We played some higher tempo footie than normal!

We looked up for it (Particually 1st half)

This may have given Mr Coles and Mr Butler a wake up call I feel they have both been off form in recent weeks.

Woodman is growing in stature I rate him highly always wants to get the ball forward on the deck and has a very tidy left peg. Danny don't bring bell back in his place.

Whiltshire looked better maybe cause he was playing a prem team and the fact that he played slightly more in field, had 2 decent cracks at goal.

3-5-2 more suited to the players we have and used again, we created more tonight and Saturday with this and played to 2 tidy teams.

Concerns:

I rate Matt Hill defensively but when he plays he seems to some how influence Coles and Butler into long punts up the middle. We gave the ball away to cheaply from the back (not the middle or the front)

Danny does not seem to know who his strike partnership are going to be I personally think Peacock and Lita (Or Roberts) don't change it every game give give two of them a 6-7 game run.

Finally my bggest concern of the night was the dreadful atmosphere at the gate! I was actually embaressed tonight! We need the east end backand quick are home vocal support is pathetic I have heard more noise at Colchester! I know that any pro should not need inspiring but we can make a difference. If we get a big team in the 3/4th round of the FA cup make sure that we have the eastend and thatno ateyo ticketsare on sale see what noise we really could make. I am now prepaeared to lose a quality view for a better atmosphere.

Archived