IGNORED

Report/player Ratings

Guest jimbo76

Guest jimbo76

Being an exiled Red, I'm bouncing off the walls at the moment with relief/joy/anticipation.

Can someone hurry up with a match report and some player ratings please. From what I heard on the radio, it sounded like our better players who have been letting us down so far this season, have finally found their bollo*ks.

Come on you Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a really silly grin on my face when I saw that Murray had scored a couple. Almost as important as the result that he got a couple because he was so important in our side a couple of seasons ago.

I was getting worried about him, hopefully he's back for good! :baa::ph34r:

brentford were a poor side,although dropping bradley orr,and replacements murray,wilkshire,roberts made a difference actually having pace and width instead of playing down the middle.

ratings out of 10

phillips 5/10 quiet afternoon apart from dodgy kick which he was lucky to get away with

smith 6/10 didnt do much wrong

coles 7/10 solid performance

butler 6/10 did get caught out by a few crosses.

hill 7/10 best game this season also 1 highlight of afternoon with superb 50 yard pass cross field to murray which he mis controlled and went out of play.

murray 8/10 superb performance though control did let him down at times.

wilkshire 9/10 best game ive seen him play certainly what we've missed even if did play on the left wing.

doherty 7/10 faultless performance although temper did nearly cost him another booking.

tinnion 7/10 did'nt start well but soon found his passing range.

roberts 7/10 good performance never stopped running,made good passes,crosses which no one was on the end of.

lita 6/10 very quiet game.

man of match can't split wilkshire and murray

4 for Roberts you are kidding?

Phillips = 6/10

Smith = 7/10

Hill = 7/10

Butler = 7/10

Coles = 7/10

Murray = 8/10

Wilkshire = 8/10

Doherty = 7/10

Tinman = 7/10

Lita = 6/10

Roberts = 7/10

Well done to Tinman choosing a good team, now we just need all to stay fit and start with the same starting line up :ph34r:

hill 7/10 best game this season also 1 highlight of afternoon with superb 50 yard pass cross field to murray which he mis controlled and went out of play.

Not sure why you think Hill played so well. I thought he was the only shaky player. Lots of poor balls through to Brentford players. I don't think he is playing well at the moment and today was not much difference. I agree about Murray and Wilkshire being joint MOM's. So glad Orr was dropped.

I don't normally go for this stuff, but I am in a good mood today so here goes.

Phillips 6 (little to do but most of his kicking was better than normal)

Smith 7 (set the tone with some strident tackles and supported Murray well)

Coles 7 (A different player with Butler there)

Butler 8 (mainly for his influence on the rest but also for his quiet assurance)

Hill 7 (did well going forward and filling in when Luke went inside)

Wilkshire 9 (Always looking for the different option and two well taken goals)

The Doc 8 (for his play) 6 (for his crazy mixed up attitude)

Tinman 7 (put his money where his mouth is and proved a lot of us wrong)

Murray 8 (confidence grew and grew as the game went on and two goals)

Lita 7 (worked hard took up some good positions, never got a shot at goal)

Roberts 5/6 (the enigma that is Roberts always an outlet, missed an open goal, never struck up an understanding with Lita)

How can you possibly give Lita more than Roberts today? Both put in plenty of effort and I'm not sure they will work as a partnership, but Roberts often pulled players out of position and made some telling passes. He also got himself into 2/3 positions where (admitedly) he should have at least hit the target, but he got himself there through brains and speed.

I knew CR would get bad press after missing a couple, but after focusing on Lita who often stepped into Murray's areas thus bringing defenders with him; I think that CR is developing into an intelligent footballer.

CR 7 today, 8 with a goal.

LL 6 today, 1 defence splitting pass for murray's 2nd; but little else + a little light

Ha ha ha ha, scathing irony, blistering sarcasm, vicious satire, super stuff, just what the forum is about.

You were joking weren't you?

Precisely the reason I don't normally get involved in these things, one mans exciting runner is another mans headless chicken.

I stick by my comments although I was over generous to Lita and perhaps I would give Chris 6/7 for the second half effort.

Archived