IGNORED

Hands Up

spongebob

All the people callling for sturrock just back off a bit, under that man we would play in the folllowing style.

1.Long ball is the key, target man please,ohhhhh mickey evans will do.

2.Set pieces, yes we would be able to defend them better, but we would have a side that would rely on these to score the vast majority of our goals.

3.Defensive formation, why oh why at a real football club would we want to see defensive football? Pulis played defensively and look what happened to him!

4.It took him years to get it right at plymouth and we havent got that amount of time or money for him to come in, get to know the players, and then say, they arent what i want where is the monster up front, i need some money to buy some other players, and money to release the ones that are not good enough.

Now i was far rom happy with the start to the season, but wilson a premiership manager got 4YEARS to get us up, Tins has had 6 games!!!!!! Perspective please, and if you want sturrock go to preston, because he will probably end up there.

All the people callling for sturrock just back off a bit, under that man we would play in the folllowing style.

2.Set pieces, yes we would be able to defend them better, but we would have a side that would rely on these to score the vast majority of our goals.

3.Defensive formation, why oh why at a real football club would we want to see defensive football? Pulis played defensively and look what happened to him!

4.It took him years to get it right at plymouth and we havent got that amount of time or money for him to come in, get to know the players, and then say, they arent what i want where is the monster up front, i need some money to buy some other players, and money to release the ones that are not good enough.

Now i was far rom happy with the start to the season, but wilson a premiership manager got 4YEARS to get us up, Tins has had 6 games!!!!!! Perspective please, and if you want sturrock go to preston, because he will probably end up there.

I am aware that the majority of the city side would stroll into any

Premiership team you care to name and missing out on succesive promotions is down to cheating teams who win more games through boring the opposition into submission and bribing match officials, signing rubbish like Evans will only see a more direct approach to scoring, God forbid! what needs to be maintained at all costs is a non direct approach because that is the way out of this division but if its not so what! you can carry on moaning that its not fair and why do the other teams get promoted when they are SO inferior to the City total football machine. Oh and by the way points 1-3 are so laughably inacurrate its unreal go and check your stats.

But i totally agree dont go for  Sturrock, stick with Tinnion, please do  :)   

I am aware that the majority of the city side would stroll into any

Premiership team you care to name and missing out on succesive promotions is down to cheating teams who win more games through boring the opposition into submission and bribing match officials, signing rubbish like Evans will only see a more direct approach to scoring, God forbid! what needs to be maintained at all costs is a non direct approach because that is the way out of this division but if its not so what! you can carry on moaning that its not fair and why do the other teams get promoted when they are SO inferior to the City total football machine. Oh and by the way points 1-3 are so laughably inacurrate its unreal go and check your stats.

Now now, take it easy!

I personally wouldnt mind if we were a bit more direct, if only to get out of this crappy league. Over the years we have always seemed to want to score the perfect goal. We never seem to be happy with the tap ins. This has been reflected in recent years with a lack of goals from midfield (Murray being the exception).

Oh, and stick with the Tinman btw. All this talk of Sturrock is nonsense and helps no one.

Oh and by the way points 1-3 are so laughably inacurrate its unreal go and check your stats.

I'll hold my hand up if you can prove me wrong, but i saw plymouth play 5 or 6 times last season and the looked like an ugly side who were terrible to watch, yes they had the odd game where they battered teams but, like the argument will be they went up playing ugly footy, but thats ok for their fans to watch. My point was that if we had a side that played that way the fan would hate it, ala pulis when he was here.

Can anyone answer me the wuestion 'why sturrock was sacked, really not the media cover up'

It was because he played a style of football that the fans hated and werent turning up to watch, football is about money now and if sturrock was to take over we would be ugly and a lot of fans would not turn up. i.e dads/mums with kids or the future as they are known

I'll hold my hand up if you can prove me wrong, but i saw plymouth play 5 or 6 times last season and the looked like an ugly side who were terrible to watch, yes they had the odd game where they battered teams but, like the argument will be they went up playing ugly footy, but thats ok for their fans to watch. My point was that if we had a side that played that way the fan would hate it, ala pulis when he was here.

Can anyone answer me the wuestion 'why sturrock was sacked, really not the media cover up'

It was because he played a style of football that the fans hated and werent turning up to watch, football is about money now and if sturrock was to take over we would be ugly and a lot of fans would not turn up. i.e dads/mums with kids or the future as they are known

Spongebob

Will point out that only one other side scored more goals than Plymouth last season in all four divisions, secondly what tends to drive most supporters away is a losing team! Also compare attendances between the clubs this season so far and season ticket sales, will people want to watch your club play against Leeds, Nottingham Forest, Sunderland, Wolves, West Ham etc etc Or would they prefer MK Dons, Torquay, Hartlepool, Colchester, Doncaster etc etc Football is about money spot on.

I believe what your saying is its more important to you that City play attractive football regardless of the results or supporters will stay away, sorry mate cant agree, a winning and succesful football club generates media interest and exposure and raises the profile of the club nationwide, better quality opposition will always attract more people to come and watch and from this kids and families will identify with the local side buy more merchandise thus raising the profile of the club and making them more money and so on and so forth.

In essence what I'm saying is winning isnt everything, its the ONLY thing :)

Guest WillsbridgeRed

1. Would you be moaning if City were winning 7-0 ect? Plymouth played some great attackicng football last season, or are you forgetting that?

2. Why would we have a side that would rely on set pieces to score goals? And anyway, shouldn't a team be looking to score from set peices in the first place?

3. "why oh why at a real football club" A real football club? What planet our you on - Real football clubs win things I would have thought? Also, are you saying Saints aren't a "real" football club? Or Plymouth for that matter.

Were you calling us a fake football club when John Wards defensive tactics took us up?

4. You can not compare to Sturrocks start at Plymouth compared to Tinnions start as City manager - You're either ignorant or just being pedantic.

Besides, after monday the Sturrock talk has stopped now. We have no need for him as it is clear City are once again playing to their best ability.

1.  Would you be moaning if City were winning 7-0 ect?  Plymouth played some great attackicng football last season, or are you forgetting that?

2.  Why would we have a side that would rely on set pieces to score goals? And anyway, shouldn't a team be looking to score from set peices in the first place?

3. "why oh why at a real football club"  A real football club?  What planet our you on - Real football clubs win things I would have thought?  Also, are you saying Saints aren't a "real" football club?  Or Plymouth for that matter.

Were you calling us a fake football club when John Wards defensive tactics took us up?

4.  You can not compare to Sturrocks start at Plymouth compared to Tinnions start as City manager - You're either ignorant or just being pedantic. 

Besides, after monday the Sturrock talk has stopped now.  We have no need for him as it is clear City are once again playing to their best ability.

Got to hold my hands up these are all extremely good points. It was one of those impulse posts when i was reading all the sturrock lovers this morning, my mouth will now remain well and truly shut!

Archived