IGNORED

Hawkins Loan

Port Said Red

I understand that the reserves haven't any games for a while and it's good to keep players match fit by loaning them out, but Bath City Dr Martens league? I would have thought it was important to get players playing at a level that will stretch them and improve them, surely this is a backwards step.

The only thing that the lad is likely to learn is how to avoid the flying studs of some clodhopper looking to make his mark.

Maybe we are looking to do Gary Owers a favour but I would prefer to see the loanees going to conference clubs, minimum.

Do agree in someways but Bobby Zamora went on loan to Bath if i remember correctly and look at him now!! Tottenham! Aint bad and he must of learnt something.

In the end of the day it is competive football not reserve football. He is a still a young lad and the experience of first team football will hopefully do him well.

i tend to agree with x3widRacin, it will be good for him to get some games under his belt, but he may need some new Shin pads in the future (if you know what i mean)

Guest Harry May

Totally disagree . I have seen him play a few times and always thought him to be a tidy player . Bath City are really struggling at the moment and at the wrong end of the DM League . I would have thought he could have gone to a conference club at least.

Bath City are not the same team that took Zamora a few years back . It's putting alot of pressure on a promising young player.

Caldicot Red.

Hawkins is 19 now and he's never looked like breaking into the first team. If City were a premier league club this wouldn't be unusual, with youngsters often not making their debut until they are 20ish (ie Darren Fletcher), but for a City youngster not to have made their debut by the time they are 19 tells me something isn't right.

OK, I understand in previous years he would have had to get past Scott Murray to break into the side, which was never going to happen, but this year, with no recognized right winger at the club, he still hasn't even been considered for selection. I think Hawkins days at City are numbered......

Hawkins is 19 now and he's never looked like breaking into the first team. If City were a premier league club this wouldn't be unusual, with youngsters often not making their debut until they are 20ish (ie Darren Fletcher), but for a City youngster not to have made their debut by the time they are 19 tells me something isn't right.

OK, I understand in previous years he would have had to get past Scott Murray to break into the side, which was never going to happen, but this year, with no recognized right winger at the club, he still hasn't even been considered for selection. I think Hawkins days at City are numbered......

I have not watched all of the reserve matches this season,but Hawkins has not featured in all of them.

And when he has been picked, he has played in central midfield or right back?

What does this say about the managements thoughts.

Archived