IGNORED

Millen's Role

headhunter

I first noticed this at Barnsley and again on Saturday, and I was not alone.

When DW was in charge and others before him, for lengthy periods of the game we would have at least 2 players warming up on the touchline if not in readiness for an imminent substitution then just to keep warm, loosen up.

At Barnsley it was a full 20 mins into the 2nd half before I saw anyone get up and then on Saturday there seemed to be a similar level of inactivity.

Just before Orr came on Miller, Gillespie and Heff were doing some sprints but our big disappointment from Newcastle appeared to move from the bench with no preparation. I don't think Woodman moved at all in the 2nd. half.

Anyone else notice this ? I think Millen should be more active in all respects, he even makes Danny look animated.

our big disappointment from Newcastle appeared to move from the bench with no preparation. I don't think Woodman moved at all in the 2nd. half.

I thought that Orr, Miller and Gillespie were actually doing a warm up in the second half - also having a laugh among themselves at the same time.

Woodman was doing a bit of running in his tracksuit bottoms.

The overall level of discipline must be called into question so far this season, with our captain the worst example of leading by disent!

One very pleasing stat from Saturday was no bookings.

I think this was more to do with having a sensible official who let the game flow ( perhaps too much according to the B'ford manager who has bitterly complained since we scored and his player was down) than Tommy who at times seemed to be talking a bit too much to the ref.

I know he is captain and has a duty to question etc but there is right way and a wrong way. Tommy seems to not want to let things drop and move on. This qualiity makes him the player he is, but at times shows him to be the player he isn't aswell.

I though the Ref and his assistants were amongst the best we have had down the gate for a while?

Archived