IGNORED

The Type Of Striker We Need

brady bunch

What Steve said:-

"I have had discussions with manager Brian Tinnion," Lansdown told the Bristol Evening Post.

"We have decided that the most important acquisition we can make is to add strength up front.

"We want someone who can not only cause problems in our opponents' half, but is also able to help defend set pieces, like Steve Torpey a few years back."

I could not agree more, Torpey had more then his fair share of critic's here, but we would never have conceded the amount of goals we have done in the last 12 months if we had a towering forward we could wheel back to defence for set pieces.

I always regarded him as our best defender in the days he played for us.

Ok a bit like Lee Peacock then without the 15 goals a season ? if we are going for the non scoring forward why not just be done with it and sign a commanding centre back which is really what we need considering that our goals for record is pretty good and our goals against is not so good?

good point!

but I would argue that lee peacock was no where near the defender Steve was, not least as he did not dare to jump and challenge for a ball in our area as the idiots who are refs would have blow for a foul.

I think Lee must of slept with a good number of the ref's wifes the way they treated him.

good point!

but I would argue that lee peacock was no where near the defender Steve was, not least as he did not dare to jump and challenge for a ball in our area as the idiots who are refs would have blow for a foul.

I think Lee must of slept with a good number of the ref's wifes the way they treated him.

He never jumped cos he didn't wanna mess up his hair !

Not sure that we actually need a striker.

If we can use the width & get midfielders forward, then as on Saturday, the goals will flow.

Why buy an attacker - to defend?

We would be better getting a goalie to put pressure on Philips & cover at left & right back.And Wellans in for Doc cover?

With Butler back alongside Coles I dont think there is a problem there. Coles looked so much more comfortable on Monday with Butler alongside him and i'd be very happy to see those two together for the rest of the season.

We havent had someone who can attack a cross for years and I think that should be the priority definately. Perhaps this would stop us having to over-play around the box as we have done for the last 5 years!

Archived