IGNORED

Who The ######k Is Steve Brooker?!

Samh

I read in the post last week that Tinnion's latest target is Steve Brooker of Port Vale, who is he? apparantly Keith Millen knows him as a youth player at Watford. What are we doing? - Over the years City have always bought quality strikers, Andy Cole, Shaun Goater etc and now we find ourselves offering minimal money for Port Vale's reserve striker.

Why didn't we sign Mooney when he was available of even better kept Lee Peacock.

samh, you claim to have supported city since 1985 yet joined this forum a few days ago - any idea how many sagheads we've had pretending to be city fans recently?

Have you ever seen Brooker play? doesn't sound like it!

he is the sort of player we need, just depends how much

I read in the post last week that Tinnion's latest target is Steve Brooker of Port Vale, who is he? apparantly Keith Millen knows him as a youth player at Watford. What are we doing? - Over the years City have always bought quality strikers, Andy Cole, Shaun Goater etc and now we find ourselves offering minimal money for Port Vale's reserve striker.

Why didn't we sign Mooney when he was available of even better kept Lee Peacock.

What are you on about? Port Vales reserve striker? He's scored 5 goals this season, and looks every bit the type of play city needs. If you've seen any highlights of any of the matches he's played, I would be suprised to hear you disagree.

Sounds like you should of seen some action of him before you posted that.

Played today; creating both goals in a 2-0 win. Forwards will say that to create is but a step down from scoring yourself.

Therefore not a bad prospect, given that our own forwards don't tend to create many assists.

I have my reservations about Brooker.

Who is he, someone asked earlier in this thread "have you seen him play?", I don't know. If I have I can't remember thinking, "Oh, he stands out". A bit like Hefferwosit with Notts County, not like the other Valients like Earl, Foyle or Naylor.

I understand it's not the done thing to have a dissenting voice on this "forum", but is he any better than what we have?????, lessons learned an' all that!!!!!!!

Firstly, you have to set your sights for strikers a bit lower than Cole and Goater, you are living in dreamland if you think we can sign strikers like that, in the current transfer climate.

Secondly, Port Vale reserve? You couldnt be more wrong. 5 in 6 this year plus at least 2 assists. Played 137 league games for them in 4 seasons. Doesn't really constitute as a reserve in my book

Guest TinmansCulturedLeftPeg

Brian Tinnion would like to have Steve Brooker at his disposal....he is the manager afterall,not you or anybody else....football managers do things their way,have their own way of thinking,and know which players they'd like to suit the side....it's all about finding the winning formula,it's about individuality,nothing is set in stone....

Steve Brooker is your typical lower league target man,in other words he likes to play with his back to goal and can hold the ball to allow other players on his team the time to get further up the pitch....he also generally unsettles defenders in open play when balls are loose and attacks the ball in both boxes from set-pieces....Brian Tinnion,the manager,obviously thinks that Brooker can be useful for his side and is in his plans....

Played today; creating both goals in a 2-0 win. Forwards will say that to create is but a step down from scoring yourself.

Therefore not a bad prospect, given that our own forwards don't tend to create many assists.

I would welcome your views on the FOUR of our last FIVE goals which have been assisted or scored by Lita/Roberts.

Guest wishbone

During the match at PV, Brooker had a strong game - muscling around the goalmouth ready to pounce.

Only one game I know, but on the strength of that performance, he looked dangerous.

On Sky's goals programme this morning he was voted League 1 player of the month, so he's obviously rated.

If we're going to buy, he sounds a fair prospect. :rolleyes:

COME ON YOU REDS

Archived