IGNORED

Defence

Guest Spike

Never before have I hated City's team with a passion on Championship Manager but as far as City's defence go on this game I do!

I play 4 defenders in a 4-4-2 formation and I'm always finding that my 2 Central defenders (no matter who i play) ALWAYS come too far forward.

I've tried playing so that they are set to ultra defensive minded, always stay back on corners, etc etc. Basically Ive set them to stay in thier position as a central defender just to see if they do and still i find them on the half way line whilst my wing backs are further back and yet they are set to come forward!

How am i supposed to stop this happening when the central defenders always come forward no matter what i tell them to do or no matter who i play there?

Has anyone else got this problem?

Nahh spike you jsut cant play it !

I knew some smart ass would say that but considering I won the treble as City on the last CM game and have been playing CM since it was on the commodore amiga I know that isnt the problem.

Also my wing backs play a very attacking game (or at least i set them too).

No matter what I change about my center backs they are always sat near the half way line and they are always beat by the long ball because of it :rolleyes:

Archived