IGNORED

How Do I Stop This?

Ricky BCFC

For a while now I've been getting pop-ups from a site called www.ad-w-a-r-e.com and if I leave it it eventually ends up linking to more pop-ups and other sites that end up leaving dialers and more spyware on my computer. Yesterday I left my computer for about 30 seconds and when I came back I had a new dialer on my computer just because of that pop up.

I have tried Ad-aware, SpyBot, HijackThis, Kill Box, CWShredder, The Cleaner and AVG Anti-Virus and not one of them is finding what is causing it. I also tried a pop-up stopper yesterday which did nothing (despite download.com giving it a 5/5 rating :rolleyes: )

So anyone got any ideas on how to get right of it?

Guest monkinbluedude

ive had something like that one way to stop it is to go into the local drive then into program files then common files then go right to the bottom of the page and if its there open it and if there is no uninstall button go bak out into the common files page and delete the hole file. try that because it worked for me

• Admin
ive had something like that one way to stop it is to go into the local drive then into program files then common files then go right to the bottom of the page and if its there open it and if there is no uninstall button go bak out into the common files page and delete the hole file. try that because it worked for me

another (time-consuming) method that you might like to try is to work your way through the system processes.

Call up <alt>+<ctrl>+<del> and click the processes tab. Anything that you don't recognise (and approve of the use of which) note the complete filename and enter it into a google search which will 99.99% of the time let you know what it's for. If it's adware, search for the same file in "My Computer" and use KillBox to delete it.

Archived