IGNORED

If You Never See Another Game.

screech

Well tonight was a game that could have had a different scoreline had we made more of the chances that fell our way, had Butler heard a scream of keepers which echoed all around the ground we may have only been 1 down and a bit more confident of snatching an equaliser, but tonight i saw a performance from sir Tinnion that wouldn't look out of place in the top flight in any team, his passing all over the pitch was superb, he ran his ass off all night closing down the opposition.

This wasn't playing against second rate midfielders either, he completely dominated the middle of the park against class players, in fact, i thought our midfield all had good games, and it's a nice feeling to post something positive on hear for a change as they deserved some credit for their performances tonight.

When Tins finally hangs up his boots there will be a massive hole left in the middle that would take a few million quid to get the same player, we have been extremely lucky to have him commit to our club for the past 10 years, and he most definately should have played in a higher division, so make the most of watching him this season, because this unfortunately could be the last time you see this sort of talent at Ashton gate for a very long time.

One final thing, Wilkshire (yes him), Burnell(yes him too) and Woodman were superb tonight, well played to all.

Agree with everything you have just said, about Burnell and Wilkshire (both having great games), but especially the bit about when Tins retires. However, I think that eventually the player that will replace Brian is Wilkshire. He's not a winger, he's a creative central midfielder. I think that LW was bought in with Tinnions retirement in mind, and not a replacement for Mr Murray.

Tonight he put in a good performance, a few more like that and he could possibly start to look like a player valued at £250k.

Tinman's performances in a red shirt have been well worth the price of a season ticket over the last couple of seasons. His determination and commitment to the City cause should be an inspiration to his fellow players. Lets just hope that some of the old Tinman magic rubs off onto the younger players when he develops his coaching role. He deserves a great match for his testimonial next year - Newcastle is probably his first choice.

Here, here Screech, Arise Sir Brian!

• Admin
Tonight he put in a good performance, a few more like that and he could possibly start to look like a player valued at £250k.

I nearly fell off my seat!! Luke Wilkshire tackled several times tonight :( and whilst he played reasonably well, corner taking and crossing were disappointing.

But, that aside the signs were encouraging

Tinman=City Legend

don't ever want him to retire, but when he gets that testimonial its going to be hard to get tickets, he is an inspiration to the fans, players and everyone at the club. Met him once or twice also, bloody nice bloke, always got the time of day for the fans.

We have been lucky to have him at the club so long and.........i think id better stop I'm getting all emotional and sentimental!!!

In fact there is a tear welling in my eye!

However, I think that eventually the player that will replace Brian is Wilkshire. He's not a winger, he's a creative central midfielder. I think that LW was bought in with Tinnions retirement in mind, and not a replacement for Mr Murray.

Indeed, it's no co-incidence that LW has his best games when playing in the middle is it....??

Archived