IGNORED

Time To Drop The 2 Love Bunnies....

Bow_Legged_Chicken

First of all I would just like to say even though sarurdays match for me wasn't the most entertaining ****il we scored!) I'm proud of the lads for grinding out results its good to see as its what we were severly lacking last season and something i always said Tins will give us.

But the one thing that is doing my head in is the following.....

I know you all seem to love these two and bring up silly excuses as to why others don;t such as.....

Oh your only saying that because hes welsh. AND

Only cause he missed that one chance at Swindon.

Let me just say I am about to say what I'm going to say because thats what I think about them, and not just because of the above two incidents.

Roberts is just not good enough in my eyes, he doesn't make any effective impact on the game and after Lita scored got too greedy and doesn't like to be "out done" some times I seem to think he doesn't want anyone else to score?

Miller good on and off and too be honest thats not good enough. Mor eoften than not he has not been good enough for us, he hasn't set up a great deal and he hasn't scored a great deal so all this "hard work" he is supposidely doing isn;t doing much good anyway.

These two players have been given more of a chance than anyone and never really have been good or consistant enough to proove themselves.

We have a young wonder kid who has shown class in Pre-season and in games he has played this season, he is being left out for these two.

We also have a player who scored loads of goals at this level last season being left out.

Why aren't Heffernan and Gillespie given a go now Roberts and Miller have had their's and have more or less ###### all to show for it.

Who, precisely, did the "wonder kid" show his "class" against in pre-season? And what games during the season (including Reserve team) has this "class" shone through?

Whilst we are winning I see no reason to change the team UNTIL a badly needed Target Man arrives.

Heffernan, when he gets a full game, will be having his "second" go (having failed to score or assist during the first three games of the season).

Roberts wasn't given his chance to "prove" himself last season until far too late. I don't think there is any reasonable doubt that if Roberts had played from christmas onwards instead of that lumbering camel Peacock then City would have scored sufficient goals to go up automatically. After all, City failed to pip QPR by 2 points, and that's converting one of their many draws into a solitary win.

Peacock's scoring record after Christmas was appalling. Yet Wilson kept him on until the man was injured.

Guest yajrellim

Quote from Bow Legged Chicken

"Miller good on and off and too be honest thats not good enough. More often than not he has not been good enough for us, he hasn't set up a great deal and he hasn't scored a great deal so all this "hard work" he is supposidely doing isn;t doing much good anyway."

Well mate you really have not been paying attention as lee has set up a fair amount of litas goals with flick-ons, and been involed in a few more.

fair anough about scoring, i know he is personally very frustrated at his lack of goals. which is leading to him snatching at his efforts but I'm confident once he gets a couple of goals his season would really take off, and more will follow.

Why aren't Heffernan and Gillespie given a go now Roberts and Miller have had their's and have more or less ###### all to show for it.

**** all to show for it? correct me if i'm wrong here knock kneed

chicken but hasn't Roberts started 2 games and those two games

have resulted in 6 points? Now i'm not saying it's down to him

but why change a winning team, the whole team contributes to a

victory and even though he didn't score i couldn't give a stuff

as long as we win.

**** all to show for it? correct me if i'm wrong here knock kneed

chicken but hasn't Roberts started 2 games and those two games

have resulted in 6 points? Now i'm not saying it's down to him

but why change a winning team, the whole team contributes to a

victory and even though he didn't score i couldn't give a stuff

as long as we win.

Totally agree.

The turnaround has come about since the introduction of Roberts and the emergence of a fired up Wilkshire.

If Roberts does nothing but antagonise their defence and help keep them on the back-foot, allowing us to push forward as a side, and we keep winning, put him in their every week!

Lita has to start. How can he be dropped?

The teams performances with Lita alongside Roberts as opposed to any other striker is reaping the ultimate rewards of wins.

Even if we signed Brooker, I still wouldn't introduce him as anything other than a sub.

Why risk disrupting what is obviously working? :whistle:

Still have not made my mind up on Miller yet, as for Roberts, his pace alone causes problems when running at defenses and like Neo say's if that free's up players alongside him them that's a good thing.

City play much better when attacking at pace both down the flanks and having two quick guy's upfront, can't see any reason to change at all.

As for Lita, looks like he's well on the way to be the 20 goals a season we keep talking about getting last season.

EDIT: Spelling.

• Admin
I know you all seem to love these two and bring up silly excuses as to why others don;t such as.....

Let me just say I am about to say what I'm going to say because thats what I think about them, and not just because of the above two incidents.

Arrogent cocky welsh ******* if you ask me.

Once cardiff always cardiff so I will always hate the barsteward.

Of course you're not prejudiced by his involvement/feelings for Cardiff :whistle:

Who, precisely, did the "wonder kid" show his "class" against in pre-season? And what games during the season (including Reserve team) has this "class" shone through?

Whilst we are winning I see no reason to change the team UNTIL a badly needed Target Man arrives.

Heffernan, when he gets a full game, will be having his "second" go (having failed to score or assist during the first three games of the season).

Roberts wasn't given his chance to "prove" himself last season until far too late.  I don't think there is any reasonable doubt that if Roberts had played from christmas onwards instead of that lumbering camel Peacock then City would have scored sufficient goals to go up automatically.  After all, City failed to pip QPR by 2 points, and that's converting one of their many draws into a solitary win.

Peacock's scoring record after Christmas was appalling.  Yet Wilson kept him on until the man was injured.

Of course you're not prejudiced by his involvement/feelings for Cardiff  :whistle:

Lets catch up on all of this.

First of all the answer to the first question would be Newport and any reserve game that he played in last season. Finishing that is seen only from top class players and at his age is unbeleiveable. Also if the argument yes but it is not against first class opposition. I don;t see any other professional geting as many goals as he did in the reserves even against worse oposition.

Denying that Gilesspie is a potential wonder kid is a non starter for me. Anyone with eyes can see he has more talent than any one of our strikers from what I have seen so far.

Heffernan will be given hius second go in his next chance yes. But how many "goes" have Miller and Roberts had, 6 or 7? At least and thats my exact point.

As for saying Roberts would have scored a suffeciaent amount of goals I cannot see where you are getting this from? The blokes shots on target rate must be so low, yes he can have the odd good game in 6 or 7 nd look real good but for a championship chasing team that we should be he simply isn't good enough and has shown this in his extreme lack of consistancy. Only have to look at saturday to see how many chances he missed, good ones of that, and most of them he could of passed to someone in a better position. Ok hes striker and they should go for goals but not as many times as he did.

It was a very general statement towards someone I hate, Roberts i do not hate and will not hate (unless hes slags off city, stabs us in the back or goes to a Rival club!) I just don't think hes a good enough player.

As for Miller, I will let up on him a bit, he is inconsistant and doesn't get many goals, he does seem to do very little on the pitch and seem to be a better looking Steve Torpey at times, but he has set up a few this season, but its the inconsistancy that has to be sorted and its something that I think he is.

I just think Miller and Roberts had a lot more chances than heffernan and Gillespie this season and last. Where Miller hasn't done bad, he hasn't done fantastic.

Squad rotation is a valuble thing to keep players morale up, if we leave gillespie out not only will he grow older without gaining an experience he will losr morale and eventually lose interest. With young talent like him you got to keep them interested, give them confidence show them they are great players by playing them even if it is for 15 - 20 minutes at the end of a match.

Hefferenan what must he be thinking? Signs for us, everyone expecting him to be our top goalscorer after his quality season, last season and he gets left on the bench for two players we had already. I would be a bit ###### off to be honest and he has every right to be.

I agree with the following point:-

Give Gillespie, Miller and/or Heffernan (or whatever combination suits)15/20 minutes at the moment while the team is winning - no harm in that whatsoever.

I still do not see a good enough reason in your points of view to change a winning side. If/when a few more games are won and confidence is sky high, I'm sure Tinnion will tinker with things to try and keep fringe players involved.

I see that Gillespie is now a "potential" wonder kid. That is more like it in my opinion. What he has to do is realise that potential. His call, nobody elses.

As for Heffernan and what must he be thinking? If he is a true professional with an ounce of guts and determination he will be thinking "when I get my chance I am going to make it impossible for the manager to leave me out". If he is thinking anything else then he does not deserve any sort of chance to impress - I'm sure that is not the case, though, and his time will come (as will that of Gillespie).

I agree with the following point:-

Give Gillespie, Miller and/or Heffernan (or whatever combination suits)15/20 minutes at the moment while the team is winning - no harm in that whatsoever.

I still do not see a good enough reason in your points of view to change a winning side. If/when a few more games are won and confidence is sky high, I'm sure Tinnion will tinker with things to try and keep fringe players involved.

I see that Gillespie is now a "potential" wonder kid. That is more like it in my opinion. What he has to do is realise that potential. His call, nobody elses.

As for Heffernan and what must he be thinking? If he is a true professional with an ounce of guts and determination he will be thinking "when I get my chance I am going to make it impossible for the manager to leave me out". If he is thinking anything else then he does not deserve any sort of chance to impress - I'm sure that is not the case, though, and his time will come (as will that of Gillespie).

Good post, and about Heffernan I would 100% agree but I think your getting the wrong end of the stick. What I was trying to say is we spent money on him becasue he was a proven goal scorer, why we leave him out for player we already have i don't know, if it becasue of ability then I can't see why bought him in the first place then? if we sign Brooker then where will it leave him and Gillespie? if we watste a golder oppertunity with Gillespie i would be livid. He has every potential to go on and out grow this club by far, as much as I hate to say it, its true. But if he doesn't drop down to last place in the pecking order it would leave Heffernan there and after hearing so many we got to save money, we can't do this, we can't do that, we have to put up prices on this, i don;t think we are in the position to go throwing money away like that.

I can see where your coming from, with the don't change a winning team and I will give you that, expecially as your spot on with the rotation on the bench system where a different striker gets his 20 minutes at the end. It increases competition for places, which makes them all play better and work harder as well as giving them the boost of morale from giving them a chance in the team.

Everyone deserves an equal chance until they completely blow it. It just don't seem this is happeneing at the moment.

I've got a funny feeling that the Brooker deal will die and that no target man will be signed. If we were in Port Vale's shoes, would we sell to a rival club in our league who are favourites to go up but currently struggling a little bit.

Therefore Heffernan, Miller and Gillespie will all get their chance soon.

As for Heffernan being left out, it could also be as much for non-footballing reasons as for anything else. Didn't Miller have a nightmare moving down here from Scotland to begin with. These things sometimes happen and can affect some players.

the fact you think the Brooker deal will fall through is a side issue the issue is we are trying to sign him therefore saying our strike force isn't as good as we like it.

With Lita and Roberts starters, and Miller first to come on it leave Heffernan and Gillespie behind therefore it would be fair to assume that they are the least rated by the manager. Where there are other factors to take into accout such as ones you mentioned about moving, the biggest one is ability so its the best one to go by.

So by going for Brooker in current circumstances without any rotation system in place it will take an injury of another player for them to get any kind of a chance. I wouldn't wish an injury on any City player so for me thats saying that we are either going to waste a talent like Gillespie or we have wasted our money on Heffernan.

The only way to disproove this would be to introduce a fair rotation system even if its between the subs bench and who comes on. That way nothing is wasted and we are making full use of our squad and keeping everyone on their toes and happy.

Guest CityCrazy92

IS IT because ROBERTS WELSH AND MILLER MISSED HIS CHANCE AT SWINDON?

:whistle:

Yeah drop Miller and Roberts for a while I also don't rate 'em that much then Gillespie and Heffernan could team up with last seasons forgotten striker Lita.

No stick with a winning formula,No Roberts is infuriating drop him.

Oh I don't know,I'm going to bed :whistle:

Archived