IGNORED

Reason To Be Cheerful

megansdad

Actually agree with your final point. But think this season has a lot left in it, while it is 2 points dropped today we are still well in touch with at least a play off spot and a good run over Xmas starting next Saturday could easily see us close the gap on QPR.

We now have Stockport at home, Brentford away, Bournemouth at home, Notts County away and Chesterfield at home 5 matcheswe could easily win. So I will not be writing this saeson off just yet.

<br /> Good on you. You'd have to be a real pessismist to write the season off at this stage, with over half our games still to play.

We will finish in the top two.

I prefer the term REALIST. An opinion based on FACTS and SUBSTANCE.

Not on if's, buts and maybes, clouded by emotion.

How many more poor results are we to accept then? I for one cant take much more.

Agree that the Gas are irrelevant - I really couldn't give a monkeys about them. As far as this season is concerned...... Unless we've suddenly lost about 4 months of the season, there are still a number of games left!!

It aint over yet.

heres 2 reasons to be very disapointed:

1) If we were playing as well as we should be we should be at least 6 points clear now

2) Even if we crawl our way up the table and get promoted you can guarentee with this type of form and team we will be looking at a relegation season next season

Reasons To Be Cheerful (Part3)

Why don't you get back into bed?...

Reasons to be cheerful (part 3)

Some of Buddy Holly, the working folly

Good golly Miss Molly and boats

Hammersmith Palais, the Bolshoi Ballet

Jump back in the alley add nanny goats

18-wheeler Scammels, Domineker camels

All other mammals plus equal votes

Seeing Piccadilly, Fanny Smith and Willy

Being rather silly, and porridge oats

A bit of grin and bear it, a bit of come and share it

You're welcome, we can spare it - yellow socks

Too short to be haughty, too nutty to be naughty

Going on 40 - no electric shocks

The juice of the carrot, the smile of the parrot

A little drop of claret - anything that rocks

Elvis and Scotty, days when I ain't spotty,

Sitting on the potty - curing small pox

Reasons to be cheerful - 1, 2, 3

Health service glasses, gigolos and brassies

Round or skinny bottoms

Take your mum to Paris, lighting up the chalice

Wee Willy Harris

Bantu Stephen Biko, listening to Rico

Harpo, Groucho, Chico

Cheddar cheese and pickle, the Vincent motorsickle

Slap and tickle

Woody Allen, Dali, Dimitri and Pasquale

balabalabala and Volare

Something nice to study, phoning up a buddy

Being in my nuddy

Saying hokey-dokey, singalonga Smokey

Coming out of chokey

John Coltrane's soprano, Adi Celentano

Bonar Colleano

Yes, yes, dear, dear, perhaps next year

Or maybe even now

In which case...

We will stil easily make the playoffs , and with our next 5 games being against "lower oposition" we should pick up a fair amount of points. But you never know with city , we havent done very well against these kinds of teams this season , but hopefully we can start to turn that round and with the way we are playing (bar the finnishing), i can see us not too far off qpr and plymouth after the next five games.

The worrying thing I find is that we can't score dispite all the chances we are creating. I know we didn't have that many chances today but stiol enough and only hit the target a couple of times. Blackpool, if Thorpe had been up front I'm sure he would have scored about 5, we just couldn't get the ball in the net. Also Barnsley, well same again lots of chances just can't finish them

<br /> I prefer the term REALIST. An opinion based on FACTS and SUBSTANCE.

But REALISTICALLY, we are still in with a shout to go up. We're only a few points off the pace with over half the season to go.

The FACTS are that we are producing the performances now, but the clinical finishing still needs a bit of polishing.

The SUBSTANCE of all this is that we are now proving that we are a good side and looking the biz. We now need to start punctuating our superiority by sticking the ball in the back of the net a bit more often.

I think the original poster had it spot on - Reasons to be Cheerful...

Go on... give us a smile.. it's nearly Crimble... :D

"We now have Stockport at home, Brentford away, Bournemouth at home, Notts County away and Chesterfield at home 5 matcheswe could easily win. So I will not be writing this saeson off just yet."

If I've worked the technology right (couldn't but it was)that was what I said after the Rushden game. 5 games on and now plenty of reasons to be cheerful with Goodfellow seemingly a very good addition, despite plenty of concerned comment on the forum when he was bought. Still much to do to catch up with QPR and Plymouth but no reason why the run can't continue in the next 5 games- Hartlepool away looks the toughest followed by Grimsby away Brentford home Peterborough away and Wrexham home - 4 wins and a draw would propbably see us close the gap on QPR and Plymouth.

The automatic slot is not far away.

Off to a 40th party in London celebratory mood in my new 100 years at the Gate shirt - sure to get plenty of stick but who cares!!!! :):D:D:D

Phatwilly,

I have tried to avoid directly responding to your side-swipes in the past, and there have been a few. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult to rake up an old post of yours and re-apply it's content in todays circumstances, but I really can't be arsed with such a pointless pastime.

At the time of writing we were knocking out pathetic performances and results week after week. Wilsons tactics and substitutions were dodgy to say the least. Crowds were dwindling and I really could not see us challenging on the form then, I still stand by that today, had we continued like that we would be mid-table.

Thankfully Wilson started to play players in their positions and looks like he has made a useful signing. Hence a turn around in fortunes and a climb up the table, are you keeping up with this? Yes playoffs now look possible, but no more than that, possible. You don't win anything in January.

You say I look silly, well you would know all about that.

How do you do that then? I don't usually reply to your tosh.

Prior to this one I can't remember the last post of yours I felt compelled to reply to.

An arrangement that I will re-employ after this post. Anyway that'll do for now before you bore me further :Sleep12: :Sleep12:

Well given that the current winning run corresponded with the start of this post I don't want to risk it coming to an end by not adding to it and looking forward to the next five games!!! Clearly we exceeded my hopes for the last 5 by winning at Hartlepool, where I thought a draw would be a good result, and it was the perfect end to my 42nd birthday to see us TOP of the league last night! Now to stay there and get promotion automatically.. :dunno: : :blink::clap::(

To the next 5 games Wrexham on Saturday and the trip the following week to Sheffield Wednesday look the toughest, with Wycombe at Home, Stockport away and Rushden at home all games we should win. The way we are going presently though I see no reason why we shouldn't win the next 5 as well and open up a bit of a cushion between ourselves and the rest of the league.

Come on you reds!!!!

Thank god for that!

I didn't notice the start date on this post, and was starting to get a wierd feeling.

At first I thought Open Ends comments were a joke, then I realised they weren't and I read down and started to think that I had woken up and the last 10 games had all been a dream! (ala Bobby in Dallas).

I am so happy that I got to the bottom and found the truth. :dunno::blink::clap::(

Archived