IGNORED

New Rumour

The Batman

but APPARENTLY, James was paid off to make a mistake to cost England points which would lead to Sven's sacking. I doubt he would do that, but his England career is in doubt anyway, so i doubt he lost anything, because it aint like it's a one off...

A big payoff apparently, anyone know / heard about this???/ :city:

Why would he do that to a manager that bought him into the team, and for some unknown reason persists in playing him?

Besides, who in their right mind would do that to their country? If that was true and he was found out, his career would be over.

Why would he do that to a manager that bought him into the team, and for some unknown reason persists in playing him?

Besides, who in their right mind would do that to their country? If that was true and he was found out, his career would be over.

To be fair, his career is over anyway, and notice he did it in the first game, so that England could make up the ground in the later games, because to be honest, it aint the hardest group. {no disrespect to other nations}. Like i said, i doubt its true, but there are reasons why it could be real as well.

of course it COULD be true but I very very very much doubt it.

a) James is a pro footballer and a perfectionist- he would not want to concede any goal- let alone from such a mistake. He has pride.

b) James would have known that Sven is probably the only manager who would pick him ahead of Robinson. Prior to the mistake vs Poland there was nothing to suggest Sven was about to drop him.

c) is it not more likely that he just made a **** up? Can't really see him risking his career and reputation on purpose. He messed up and someone can't handle that fact so goes making up stories like "he must have meant it".

Archived