IGNORED

Advertising

RedM

I don't know if it has been mentioned before, or even if this is the right forum but...

Is anyone else getting annoyed with those adverts which move? It was really distracting during the England game last night, in fact I gave up and watched the wales V N, Ireland Fightnight instead.

They have been been featuring more and more since Euro '04 and annoying the hell out of me. I haven't been to a ground where they have these but on TV it spoilts the game.Several times last night the director quickly changed shot as it was making the camera go funny.Often you saw a player running down the touchline being chased by a car!!! :city: I surprised the players haven't complained but I expect they are so close it doesn't affect them?

Last week I saw that ManU have installed these advert boards too. They said there are only 3 colours and it is 30 seconds per advert. They will be stopped during penalties! The board also lowers into the groung infront of the dugouts to let the subs on etc (clever).

I don't think it would be so bad if an advert appeared for 30 seconds and 'stayed still', then another one after etc. Keep the moving ones for before the match, HT etc. The clubs could also put messages and announcements on there and raise money.

I think it will be a long time before we have to worry about this at the Gate, our little scoreboard causes us enough problems!

Were they the blue screen ones, (Ads added by tv trickery during Broadcast) or the one at Man United, which look like they are the real thing (I could be wrong). I would have thought it would put the players off. imagine trying a 40 yard pass to a player with a logo scrolling from left to right behind them.

I agree they are not only annoying but surely (if CityExile is wrong) it can't help linesmen either? Seriously- you need to use things as visual cues otherwise you can't work out lines and perception etc.

When you have a coloured object moving at a similar rate to a player stood on the far side of the pitch then surely it's going to cause confusion?

Guest matalan31

they drive me insane what gets me is that it must distract the players from the game when you have big flashing pictures and words circularing the pitch especially when it is the orange mobile company that really is annoying

I'm fairly certain this is TV magic. At the game they do not move - they are superimposed by the TV stations. But I agree - very annoying!

It looks real enough to me, but if it is 'TV magic' the technology is clever. :city:

I still don't like it though and with ManU now joining in other Prem clubs are sure to follow. I don't want La liga style adverts thanks! :city:

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who went to any of the Euro matches to say what it is like in the stadiums?

Archived