IGNORED

East End Stewards

screech

Guest citylady

do the east end stewards just turn a blind eye about standing i think they do ok last night and sats games there were big away support but even normal league matches you get the away end standing

the club tell those in the Atyeo to sit down and rightly so. But they have to be consistent and MUST tell away fans the same thing- otherwise you cannot tell home fans too. None of this "but it's safer in the East End"- we were told to sit down when we were in there and it's the ground regulations anyway!!!

Yes it may be hard to do it with large followings but the club HAVE to. Start from the front- and chuck out anyone who is standing with no-one obstructing their view.

In H block last night we weren't told to sit down anyway, but still I agree that rules are rules and if 1 group are forced to sit down then everyone should be told to sit down.

About the east end last season, did the same stewards who told you to sit down happily go over to the Chesterfield fans and tell them to sit down to? If not then this is proof of double standards by the club.

Guest WillsbridgeRed

I find it amazing that you can't stand at a sporting event - especially if everyone around you wants to.

Nearly every club up and down the country has a section that stands through the game, and only Man U tried to stop it - Which didn't work to my memory.

Southampton actually encouraged it ater the atmosphere at St Marys was so poor.

As someone said, Turn A block into terracing, or maybe a section of the east end into terracing.

It is the oversized Adolf Hitler with a name not dissimiliar to a form of relish, that causes the problems in H block of Atyeo.

He seems to think that God has instructed him to run BCFC and that he must be obeyed.

He's just doing his job though. I see him at away games sometimes and he happily stands and sings just like everyone else. You can't blame someone for just doing their job, it's the club who have to sort things out.

Archived