IGNORED

Now We Have A Goalscorer

red as fcuk

I'd say leroy is the player we have been craving for a few years now it's pretty obvious to everyone on the planet (except DW) that given the chance he will score goals- he even proved this when the rest of the team were playing poorly.

The question is can we keep hold of Leroy Lita if he keeps playing like this?

I'd like to think yes, for the foreseeable future anyway, as he seems to really look up to Tinman and it seems to me that he is really proud to be a City player......What do you think? and if you were chairman how much would you accept for him?

Well i think hes getting better and better but why would a higher division club want a 19 year old inexperianced player. i think if he carries on like he is at the moment we might not be able to hold on to him at the end of the season but i think for this season we will have him all the way through.

Well i think hes getting better and better but why would a higher division club want a 19 year old inexperianced player. i think if he carries on like he is at the moment we might not be able to hold on to him at the end of the season but i think for this season we will have him all the way through.

I'd like to keep him a lot longer than that though i'm talking at least 2 or 3 years

Peacock scored a few at the start of last season, and then the goals dried up.

Fact is the same could happen to Lita. If he does finish our highest scorer this season then I would expect him to leave, but not before then.

Thorpe, Murray, Peacock. The link - all left City the season after they finished highest scorers.

Today Lita had the best game I have seen him play so far, came deep linked up with the midfield well, was alive to every pass, and took up great positions consistently throughout the game. His second goal was a stunning piece of work.

Before you consider taking ANY money for him, look at the goalscoring charts in "The Championship" among the names there you will see,

J Roberts

M Stewart

N Ellington

I am sure those names are familiar to some of our sag head friends, ask them which they would prefer, the money they got and their current league position, or seeing any combination of those three playing week in week out and probably playing at a higher level?

Peacock scored a few at the start of last season, and then the goals dried up.

Fact is the same could happen to Lita. If he does finish our highest scorer this season then I would expect him to leave, but not before then.

Thorpe, Murray, Peacock. The link - all left City the season after they finished highest scorers.

Yes but unlike Peacock if Lita does stop scoring with a manager who is not a complete moron Lita will get a spell on the bench or even in the stiffs which will revitalise him, had peacock been dropped in Jan then mabye he would have started scoring again.

Also none of the top scorers we have had bar Murray have been in any way prolific, Thorpe never managed 20+ league goals for us, Peacock never beat 16, both left on frees because they wanted more money than they were worth on form.

I think we shouldn't get too carried away with Lita. :laugh:

Yes, he's had a fantastic start to the season and let's hope it continues.

But, to start worrying about him being head-hunted from higher divisions is surely rather premature? :D

Eight good games might make him a star in some fans' eyes, but it probably won't cause much of a ripple in the upper echelons of football.

When he's played most of the season and ends up with 20+ goals then we can start worrying. :city:

Until then, let the lad enjoy his game and learn his trade. :clap:

I hope I'm proved wrong, but there still seems to be something missing from his game that I can't quite put my finger on. :laugh:

I hope I'm proved wrong, but there still seems to be something missing from his game that I can't quite put my finger on.

I,m sure you could say the same about someone like Goater, but he still scored loads of goals. Then there's the chief i'd say there were quite a few things missing from his game- but he's done well wherever he's been

I very much doubt we'll be a City player in "2 or 3 years" time... ESPECIALLY if you don't get promotion. Sort of striker the Non-Realistic Championship contending Premiership teams will like along with the better Championship teams. Like someone else said in this thread

Every player at this level has his price.

City must use there common sense - Keep hold of him at least until the end of the season, by which time he would have hopefully helped us to promotion with his goals. Then he would be in a championship side where he would be guarenteed a place and he won't want to leave then.

But if he scores 25+ goals and we fail to get promotion, we should get as much as we can for him. For a young striker I'd say at least £1 million!

But if he scores 25+ goals and we fail to get promotion, we should get as much as we can for him. For a young striker I'd say at least £1 million!

I can see the likes of Leeds, Leicester, Sunderland, Portsmouth, West Ham sniffing around him... £1 million is alot of money I think £800,000 plus apperance fees and % of future deals etc.

It's rubbish talking about future transfers of your best players but its a fact of the division and its a shame.

Archived