IGNORED

My Player Ratings For Today

Red_Jim

A great team performance today by the lads. Brilliant entertainment and the team now looks well back on track. So pleased for the Tinman!

My ratings:

Phillips - 7 - Commanded his area better than usual, did all that was asked of him.

Smith - 7 - Got forward well and looked tidy. Has settled in very well so quickly and I enjoyed his lunging challenge on their left winger in the 2nd half! :dunno:

Butler - 7 - Very solid display. Won pretty much everything in the air and looked assured in possession.

Coles - 7 - Good, solid performance.

Hill - 7 - Like Smith, got forward well and had a great effort just over in the 2nd half.

Doherty - 8 - Held the midfield together very well, and broke up play very effectively, giving the Tinman the opportunity to spray the passes.

Tinnion - 9 - A great performance, some brilliant passing and his superb vision and range of passing pulled Stockport all over the place. Grabbed the all important first goal too.

Wilkshire - 8 - Very impressive again. Cracked a couple of great efforts at goal, while passing intelligently and making clever runs off the ball. Looked a cut above League 1 level in ability at times, much like Tinnion.

Murray - 7 - Direct and purposeful running caused Stockport problems, though the final ball/shot was occassionally lacking. Still looked dangerous though.

Lita - 9 - A fantastic second goal capped a great all-round perfomance. He held defenders off, brought others into play intelligently, looked a constant menace and was too much for County defenders to handle.

Roberts - 8 - Linked up well with Leroy, showed a great turn for his goal and looked dangerous all through the game.

Subs:

Heffernan - 7 - Lively performance after coming on, looked confident and took his goal superbly.

Orr - 6 - Had little time to make an impression but was unlucky to be booked for the foul late on. Had a decent long-range effort saved, too.

Fortune - 6 - Also had little time, but looked comfortable slotting in at left-back.

My man of the match - Tinman, just edging it from Leroy. He was the driving force behind most of our attacking play, and looked back to his best that we saw a couple of years back.

Any comments on my ratings? Everything I've said has been pretty positive, as it was an excellent all-round performance by the lads today.

:dunno: UP THE CITY!!

Guest tommysgal

Phillips - 7

Smith - 7

Coles- 7

Butler - 7

Hill - 8

Murray - 7

Tinman - 9

Doherty - 9 i thought he played really well in the midfield he created space

Wilkshire - 7

Roberts- 9 -played with good pace today and created alot of chances

Lita - 9 - was using his pace and was winning things in the air!

Hefferman - 7

Fortune - 7

Orr - 7

Overall a good performance! well done boys!:dunno:

i nearly agree i think roberts was a 7 started very well but died down as the game progressed.

Amazing how people see things differently. I thought Roberts looked more of a threat as the game progressed.

if he was getting better then why was he substituted?

To give another striker a run out as the win was secured? :dunno:

Do you actually believe players only get subbed if they're playing badly? Please tell me you don't!

no I'm just sayin wasnt playing as well as he started off as. if we go by your idea why isnt leroy substituted if tins wants to give strikers a run out

Roberts is a hard working player, who moves around, picking the ball up deep and runs at players. Generally, he is more involved in the play than Lita, who's style of play is to pick up balls around the 18 yard box. Roberts will look for the ball in the corners, back on the centre circle, in fact anywhere that the ball goes. As such, he is more likely to tire than Leroy, and was the best option to be removed. Also, Lita was winning flick-ons in the air today, which is more likely to suit Heffernan, than Roberts' running style.

I thought all played well, against a poor Stockport side - not to take anything away from city's performance, as we have failed in the past to dominate such teams. For me, Smith, Butler, Roberts and Lita stood out above the rest and showed what they are capable of - good all round performances.

We showed today that playing along the ground, passing, attacking football really suites us.

A special word also has to go to the ref - for once we had a decent ref who wanted to let the game flow and who didn't book players for small amounts of contact - certainly made for a better game of football.

ok so if he was getting tired his performance will not improve more than it was when the game was first started, so roberts died down as the game progressed (like i stated in my first post)

Did you go home at half-time or something?

Changed my mind; I was going to tell you about his work-rate in the 2nd half and the way he was dragging their defenders all over the place making so much room for the midfielders to exploit, but, quite frankly, cannot be bothered.

I'd get more sense debating this with a brick wall.

010co1.jpg

"Hi, i'm My Brown; your household wall. I thought Roberts was outstanding today. He took a good 15 minutes to get in to the game, however, once he got involved in a few passing exchanges, he grew from there.

His goal was very calmly taken and instantly his confidence level seemed to increase. His movement along the line and holding up the ball was second to none and for the rest of the game (up to point of substitution), he was simply too hot to handle for the Stockport defence.

His substitution could be deemed harsh, however, he had taken a few little cynical challenges and had worked extremely hard. It was right to give Heffernan a run out as he is a natural finisher against a tiring defence; i'm sure the goal will help him to blossom as well. Good management decision".

Orr - 6 - Had little time to make an impression but was unlucky to be booked for the foul late on. Had a decent long-range effort saved, too.

Fortune - 6 - Also had little time, but looked comfortable slotting in at left-back.

Are you having a laugh?  Orr's tackle was late, dangerous and completely uncalled for and unprofessional. I was sat in the Williams 15 yards from the incident and it was a stupid challenge.

:dunno: UP THE CITY!!

Are you having a laugh?  Orr's tackle was late, dangerous and completely uncalled for and unprofessional. I was sat in the Williams 15 yards from the incident and it was a stupid challenge.

Was about to say the same thing. Don't want to detract from yesterday's performance (Still smiling), but Orr's tackle was totally unecessary.

Given how unusually controlled Tommy was yesterday, have we an apprentice Tommy waiting in the wings? :dunno:

Was about to say the same thing. Don't want to detract from yesterday's performance (Still smiling), but Orr's tackle was totally unecessary.

Given how unusually controlled Tommy was yesterday, have we an apprentice Tommy waiting in the wings?  :dunno:

No, a Lawrie Sanchez in the stand who doesn't want to finish the next game with 9 men

Tinman took roberts ff for two reasons he wanted heff to get his first goal, and he wanted roberts to get a nice ovation. Lets face it, it must be pretty tough at half time when roberts scored a good goal and leroy deflects one in and the crowd still chant 'leroy.....'

Roberts wil have loved that applause, my dads not a big fan but he stood up to clap him off and you cant say fairer than that.

I probably still would have taken leroy off for a little rest

Must admit, I couldnt understand Robbo being taken off either...would have thought they'd leave him on and rest Leroy, who has started and finished every game, and is our main scorer....but there y'all go what do we all know.

Robbo deserved his appaluse...worked very hard, and we're seeing signs of a better player so far this season.......................cue usual mindless Robbo, gettin better you must be f in jokin replies from the minority of posters on this forum............. :laugh:

Archived