IGNORED

Butler

Red Cloud

Not seen anything on his contribution yesterday.

Thought he was outstanding - 3 games, 0 conceded is no coincidence - if we have enough money for 1 more player I reckon it should be spent to cover TB!

Agree entirely about yesterday but where the 3 games no goals come from? Butler was playing at both brentford and thhe debacle at PV

Yeh, since Butler's been back(apart from Port Vale) we have been excellent defensively, He's got that experience that maybe we were lacking before he returned.

May be wrong but don't think Coles played at Port Vale nor Doherty! Gillespie right wing on his first senior start and Harley on the left..not really a surprise we got turned over! I'm not great with stats but since we've had the back four of Hill-Coles-Butler-Smith how many goals have we conceded? Sure we've been a lot more solid; Coles and Butler seem to complement each others game and Coles looks a lot more comfortable playing alongside Butler!

I know people were calling for Butler to be replaced due to lack of pace etc but he's been a revelation and a bit of an unsung-hero since returning to the team! Reckon we could do with another experienced centre-back rather than another striker to cover if the more experienced Butler/Coles combo get injured! Although you could argue that we have enough cover for the defence in Woodman, Hill(centre-back?!), Fortune, and the possible returning Amankwaah..it has been apparent that we do need a little experience blended in with the Youth!

In my opinion he either has a sound game and hardly ever puts a foot wrong, or he has a bad game where he makes a few mistakes. He has his critics but still warrants a place in a team when fit (usually). Has won promotion with a few of his previous clubs (West Brom and Gillingham(?)) and has narrowly missed out on promotion with us two seasons in a row.

Was part of the best defence in the league last season, and was for me the best signing of season 2002/3. I think we missed him more than some people realise at the start of the season.

Archived