IGNORED

The Return Of El Moto

Flounder

If you were Lawrie Sanchez, and the Stockport match was your one chance to judge if El Moto Should return to International Duty, Would Tommy be In or Out? for NI's next fixture.

Sat 9th October 2004

Azerbaijan v Northern Ireland

City will be at home to Tranmere Rovers.

I really hope Sanchez gives the lad another chance. Personally it fills me with pride that a lad from Bristol, playing for his local team can make it on to the same pitch as Raul and co, not to mention (potently) Gerard Beckham and Owen. I don't know why BCFC's marketing machine don't make more of the "El Moto" tag the Spanish Press gave him, it's got to be worth a tee-shirt.

I don't know why BCFC's marketing machine don't make more of the "El Moto" tag the Spanish Press gave him, it's got to be worth a tee-shirt.

It's actually 'El Motor'. Believe me, we checked and double-checked before we had the t-shirts made up!

Anyway, we did have 25 or 30 'El Motor' t-shirts printed off for The Incider, which we either gave away as prizes or sold.

We even presented one to Tommy. And, as you can see, he was absolutely delighted....

tommyandhuw.jpg

It's actually 'El Motor'. Believe me, we checked and double-checked before we had the t-shirts made up!

Anyway, we did have 25 or 30 'El Motor' t-shirts printed off for The Incider, which we either gave away as prizes or sold.

We even presented one to Tommy. And, as you can see, he was absolutely delighted....

tommyandhuw.jpg

I stand corrected, I'll blame my wife for the spanish translation. I'll have to change my sig pick now, that's what happpens when you try to be clever.......

I stand corrected, I'll blame my wife for the spanish translation. I'll have to change my sig pick now, that's what happpens when you try to be clever.......

Thank God for that.

For a second, I thought you were going to say "Actually, I'm Spanish and it's 'El Moto'. 'El Motor' means vibrator." or something of that ilk.

I think it's ashame for Tommy not to be in that squad. He is good enough as he proved when he was playing for them. Not sure who he's up against to win a place. I know one is Palace's Michael Hughes, who was highly rated when they were in division one, and who is now playing Prem football.

I think Tommy D's exclusion is more to do with the fact that he put us first so many times and refused to play for NI. It's great for us and shows he knows his priorities. Sanchez probably decided he wanted someone more commited to NI and someone who had been around for previous games which is fair enough.

On one hand it is ashame for Tommy and I would love him to do well for them, but it's great news for us if he's not in the squad.

Guest simmos the gaffer

Hughes (i think) is banned for the next game after his tussle with lily savage last week, so NI will need another centre midfielder for this table topping tie. Bad news for us but i think that Tommy will make the squad, lets hope he only warms the bench!

:laugh:

The plus points gained in experience and confidence from playing against international level players has to out weigh loosing Tommy for one or two matches. In the end it makes him a better player, which is good for the club.

Do we wish that John Atyeo never played for England?

I think not.

I hope he plays and has the game of his life!

Guest Spunkwood

If we think bout it all of England should be watching this say he gets in the squad against England plays a blinder we may gain a fortune! He's a great player BUT..... I wont finish I want you to make judgement

While it might be a good thing for our players to play international football to improve their skills, help the team and their careers, we must also be wary of the downside in that it puts them in a huge shop window for clubs to come and take them away.

We all know that every player, especially in this league, has his price, but personally, I would like to see Doherty stay with us for another season or two.

He is the engine of our midfield and we don't have many good games without him.

Therefore, I'm perfectly happy for him not to be picked for NI at the moment thanks. :laugh:

Flounder even though you have changed your name it sitll looks wrong when tommy is talking to raul. It looks like he is saying motol

It's supposed to be humor,

Raul speaks Spanish.....No one can understand

Tommy speaks Brissle.....No on can understand

The L is there because of the habbit us Bristol folk have for pronouncing an L on the end of some words that is not there.

I'll take the rap for the poor spanish but I'll stand by the Brissle, it my first Language :laugh:

I think it's ashame for Tommy not to be in that squad. He is good enough as he proved when he was playing for them. Not sure who he's up against to win a place. I know one is Palace's Michael Hughes, who was highly rated when they were in division one, and who is now playing Prem football.

He's also up against Jeff Whitley of Sunderland, who, unfortunately for Tommy, scored against Wales last week.

Archived