IGNORED

Neil Roberts To Play For City Tomorrow...

eric04

I may have misinterpreted this, but it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Bradford have been allowed to bring in a loan player, despite being in administration, because they only had 13 players available for selection tomorrow.

Hey presto, within 24 hours they've signed up Neil Roberts from Wigan (conveniently a good, experienced replacement for the suspended Dean Windass).

Now, I read on their club website, they've allowed striker Michael Symes to go out on loan to Darlington, which once again reduces them to the number of players they had available before they were allowed to bring in Roberts.

If they are now claiming that they have enough players for tomorrow, by bringing one in and letting one go (net gain zero), how come they were claiming they didn't have enough players before?

It wouldn't be anything to do with the quality of the player, would it?

Very iffy, and I suspect they may have played the system a bit.

I may have misinterpreted this, but it all sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Bradford have been allowed to bring in a loan player, despite being in administration, because they only had 13 players available for selection tomorrow.

Hey presto, within 24 hours they've signed up Neil Roberts from Wigan (conveniently a good, experienced replacement for the suspended Dean Windass).

Now, I read on their club website, they've allowed striker Michael Symes to go out on loan to Darlington, which once again reduces them to the number of players they had available before they were allowed to bring in Roberts.

If they are now claiming that they have enough players for tomorrow, by bringing one in and letting one go (net gain zero), how come they were claiming they didn't have enough players before?

It wouldn't be anything to do with the quality of the player, would it?

Very iffy, and I suspect they may have played the system a bit.

that does indeed sound a bit iffy, I cant believe they have been allowed to get away with that!

You're right, Edson but the whole loans system is a complete joke anyway.

The number that you can borrow seems to go up each season, leading to the situation of players ending up playing both for and against the same teams in the same season at our level.

Last week's Swindon 16 included players on loan from Wigan, Spurs and Gillingham and King is already on about borrowing more.

The only solution is to ban all loans (including season long ones) except a goalkeeper when a club has two out injured or suspended.

that does indeed sound a bit iffy, I cant believe they have been allowed to get away with that!

I guess the whole thing is open to abuse anyway.

For example, if we were in administration and didn't have a decent striker to call upon. We may suddenly find that a couple of our fringe players went down with minor injuries, thus reducing the available players to 14, so that we could bring in a striker on loan.

Not that I'm suggesting Bradford have done that, of course...

Archived