IGNORED

Steve On The Radio

RedM

Just listening to steve L who says he has made a complaint to the FA about the fact that Bradford have been allowed to loan neil roberts. They are in administration so this shouldn't be allowed. Breadford argued that they can't field 16 players so the FA let them have a loanee.

What annoyed SteveL is the fact that Bradford then let one of their players, after securing Roberts, go on loan to darlington!!!

He says therefore they did have enough players. he says we have had to play young players in the past etc, and give youngsters a chance so why couldn't they. stevel says when they arrived there yesterday they weren't even sure the match would be on!

He says it won't help us but he is going to complain to the FA to get this ruling cleared for future teams.

I would think that Neil roberts is going to be heavily marked today!

It does seem like a bit of a joke. The chap they have loaned to Darlington is 20, so it's not like he's really young (especially when you consider Lita's age)

In my opinion, you live by the sword and you die by the sword. If you have had sanctions placed on you because you're in adminstration, then so be it. If that means you can't field 16 players, fair enough. Last time I checked you only needed 11 on the pitch at any one time, and the minimum you could start a game with is seven.

Do the FA make the rules up as they go along???

Fair play to Bradford City today though, just goes to show what a good team spirit can do to a club, and a 4-1 win against a lot of peoples tip for promotion is astounding considering the predicament they are in off the field.

Perhaps the City players can take a leaf out of Bradfords book and fight for every point available, lets face it this could be there last game ever, you have got to admire their fighting spirit!

in my opinion this is BANG out of order from Bradford. The emergency allowance from the FA(or league/whoever it was) was to allow them to field a team today NOT so they can try being a bit better.

They have found a loophole in the rules and exploited it. I am surprised more hasn't been made of it to be honest. SteveL and Tins have a right to be annoyed. You wouldn't be happy if you gave a load of money to homeless guy only to see him run around the corner and jump in his Merc.

I don't mean this as a personal dig at Bradford City FC but I hope they do come down very hard on them. If they don't all clubs will do it. Plead poverty, get creditors and the league to bend over backwards for them and then laugh. A repeat of Leicester and Palace I fear.

edit- to add to all this I've just read that Symes was actually a summer signing from Everton and infact started the opening two games of the season and has "taken a back seat" since Dele Adebola came in. He does, however have a 2 year contract and Colin Todd says he is in their plans. Are they taking the Michael? especially considering they had Kevin Sanasy on the bench as well. Bradford obviously had THREE strikers available for selection on Saturday but wanted an upgrade. I'm sorry but if you're in administration you don't get these luxuries. We've had to put up with crap players for the last 107 years!

Guest matalan31
Just listening to steve L who says he has made a complaint to the FA about the fact that Bradford have been allowed to loan neil roberts.

yeah i heard about that it is a disgrace you can guarentee that if something like that would happen to us we would get fined or banned or some kind of punishment

Just listening to steve L who says he has made a complaint to the FA about the fact that Bradford have been allowed to loan neil roberts. They are in administration so this shouldn't be allowed. Breadford argued that they can't field 16 players so the FA let them have a loanee.

What annoyed SteveL is the fact that Bradford then let one of their players, after securing Roberts, go on loan to darlington!!!

He says therefore they did have enough players. he says we have had to play young players in the past etc, and give youngsters a chance so why couldn't they. stevel says when they arrived there yesterday they weren't even sure the match would be on!

He says it won't help us but he is going to complain to the FA to get this ruling cleared for future teams.

I would think that Neil roberts is going to be heavily marked today!

As I said last Friday, before the game:

Bradford have been allowed to bring in a loan player, despite being in administration, because they only had 13 players available for selection tomorrow.

Hey presto, within 24 hours they've signed up Neil Roberts from Wigan (conveniently a good, experienced replacement for the suspended Dean Windass).

Now, I read on their club website, they've allowed striker Michael Symes to go out on loan to Darlington, which once again reduces them to the number of players they had available before they were allowed to bring in Roberts.

If they are now claiming that they have enough players for tomorrow, by bringing one in and letting one go (net gain zero), how come they were claiming they didn't have enough players before?

It wouldn't be anything to do with the quality of the player, would it?

Very iffy, and I suspect they may have played the system a bit.

Also, if a club in their situation is allowed to loan players in from higher divisions when their playing squad is deemed too small, there isn't much incentive for them to rush fringe players back from the treatment table, is there? In fact, I imagine the temptation is to prolong the injuries of any players they don't consider good enough, so that they can loan in a bit of quality.

Didn't Notts County do something similar a year or two ago? I think I recall them being in administration and bringing in four players, just prior to their visit to Ashton Gate (though I may have got that wrong).

Taken from Bradford City's official website:

"It was intended to allow Michael Symes to go on loan to the Quakers to gain match experience but with the Bantams having to apply for permission from the Football League to allow them to bring in Neil Roberts from Wigan Athletic for a month, the League felt it inappropriate to allow a player to leave the club in case of further injuries or suspensions."

Surely they should have said:

"Ummm.... You asked to loan Roberts in because you claimed you didn't have enough players in your squad. Clearly you actually think you do have enough players, as you were happy to loan one out. With that in mind, Roberts' loan is cancelled with immediate effect."

I truly don't understand any of this.

A club goes to the Football League saying, "Hi, we've made a right balls up of our finances, some of our players are injured or suspended and we can't afford any new ones. Add to that the fact that some that we do have are quite young and not as good as other teams' players. Can we borrow one from a higher division, please?"

Surely the reply should be, "Tough."

Jeez, it's like when we used to play football at lunchtime in the playground and, if it transpired the teams weren't divvied up fairly, players would swap sides to balance things up a bit.

Quite simply, the FA have screwed up (again) and as usual are too afraid to admit to their mistake.

It's fairly obvious that something iffy has gone on, and they should be making movements to sort something out - obviously it can't be anything retrospective (I'm not asking for the result to be nullified or anything stupid) but surely a further sanction and shake-up of the rules is necessary?

Steve has pointed out that they could have made a team out of their reserves and youth set-up, but what's more annoying to me is the age of Symes - 20. He's hardly just out of his cot.

Alas, it looks like they are merely going to expect us to be satisfied with saying that it would be "inappropriate to allow Symes out on loan"

think it is not right but that is the wa the fa and fl run things. Why should we balance the books every year and play by the rules when teams like Leicester promoted, Palace promoted and Notts County sign 4 players before they play us be allowed to get away with bad management upstairs. If Bradford did not pay people Like Carbone 40K a week they would not be in the mess they were. Surely they knew after last day survival first season that staying up may be tough and lets take a look at things. Instead do a Leeds and get away with it. Leeds i thought owe milions to people but sign Gregan for a million and get Ormerod on loan. I think there are lots of clubs out there exploiting the rules and we seem to be one of the few who seem to play fair.

Archived