IGNORED

Classic City

GrahamC

Three straight wins must surely mean the start of a good run? no, this is City remember, we're playing a poor side who are in administration and despite borrowing a player yesterday still have only 16 to choose from (as opposed to our 27 man squad).

Well one 4-1 defeat later and mid table mediocrity beckons, someone said judge Tinns after 10 games, well we've won 3 out of 9 and are now 16 points behind Luton!!!

Well hopefully we can play some more mediocre rubbish at home and get a few more points.

Three straight wins must surely mean the start of a good run? no, this is City remember, we're playing a poor side who are in administration and despite borrowing a player yesterday still have only 16 to choose from (as opposed to our 27 man squad).

Well one 4-1 defeat later and mid table mediocrity beckons, someone said judge Tinns after 10 games, well we've won 3 out of 9 and are now 16 points behind Luton!!!

Well hopefully we can play some more mediocre rubbish at home and get a few more points.

Yes i was one who said judge him after 10 games, sorry that i have been proven right.

Lets get this into perspective..............

We aren't going to win every game of the season and judging by the commentary 4-1 was extremely flattering for Bradford, I think we could have managed a draw, they are just a bogey side for us and fair play to them for having a go when they are fighting for their existence.

We had as many shots and as much possesion as them, nothing went right, most of the team seemed to have a pretty average day with the front 2 and Murray seeming to drift out of the game for periods. I put it down to a bad day at the office, the team are still a huge improvement on out first 3 games and are at least playing as a unit. Tactically I think we may have to switch to a less attacking approach/formation away from home.

No one is going to catch Luton on their current form, they have only dropped 2 points so far this season which is probably the best form in the country outside the top of the Prem. However, they are not a quality side and their run WILL come to an end sometime. Our greatest real "Rivals" also lost again. The League is like a horse race, as long as you can stay on the thing then anyone can win it in the final third. Obviously we need to keep pace but I'm not bothered by mid-table at this stage.

We could have done without playing Everton next though, if we get thumped again, especially at home, then morale might suffer.

It shouldn't just be Tinnion on the edge - how about Lansdown.For three years he kept Wilson who allowed the club to stagnate and waste three glorious chances for promotion.When he does the right thing by getting rid of Wilson he then makes an absurd snap decision to give Tinnion the job without taking time to see who else was out there.I have no doubt that Lansdown's heart is in the right place but one has to doubt if his head is.If Tinnion comes under pressure which he will with abysmal performances like this - then I hope Lansdown does as well. This situation is down to him.

It shouldn't just be Tinnion on the edge  - how about Lansdown.For three years he kept Wilson who allowed the club to stagnate and waste three glorious chances for promotion.When he  does the right thing by getting rid of Wilson he then makes an absurd snap decision to give Tinnion the job without taking time to see who else was out there.I have no doubt that Lansdown's heart is in the right place but one has to doubt if his head is.If Tinnion comes under pressure which he will with abysmal performances like this - then I hope Lansdown does as well. This situation is down to him.

Cant blame him so we`ll blame him :city::o:D

Agreed.........the result DEFINITELY flatters Bradford, ok, I doubt we were going to win, but we were never 3 goals worse.

It would be good if Phillips stops lettin in soft goals like that, we actually defend set pieces, conceding goals from them is no longer a joke, and we need to be more clical in our finishing.....it wasnt all bad, remembering that 5-0 battering under Benny...........At least we did manage to score ONE today!!

And I cant see why anyone thinks Lu'on are going to fall away..........they finished top ten last season, while in administration- they are now out, McSheffrey has just gone back there on loan. Think PlyMOUTH almighty again there people..........don't think they ARE going to drop away, and Hull are ominously pulling away too.

I don't think this is classic city at all. We have not been anywhere near as vastly inconsistent as this in recent seasons, sure we have had inconsistency, but not on the level we are seeing so far this time around. I don't see anything to convince me it wont be a season long trend either.

Mid table mediocrity anyone? :city:

Guest Champagne Football
It shouldn't just be Tinnion on the edge  - how about Lansdown.For three years he kept Wilson who allowed the club to stagnate and waste three glorious chances for promotion.

Yes that is right, Stephen Lansdown has been our chairman, for the past 4 years, cough LAYCOCK cough.

How many of you were calling for Wilson to be offered a new deal the summer after our LDV win? I would say a very big majority.

Suddenly a new manager comes in, has a tough start, people get on his back, calling for the sack! This is his first job, Christ, we win 3 games and everything seems rosey. One game later, we lose 4-1. This game was most probably not witnessed by 90% who have been criticising the team/manager on here since the result came through. If every team's fans were as impatient as ours 3 out of 24 team's managers would be the only one's who aren't getting a public slating.

Things most certainly aren't going our way at all at the moment, but how fickle can we all seriously get? We aren't Arsenal, we are not going to go unbeaten throughout a season. Ultimately it is the chairman who decides how many games Tinnion wil have to get it right and I am pretty sure he is going to give him more than 10, continuity is the key.

Archived