IGNORED

Taxi For Tinnion

arpaul

So Wednesday sack Chris Turner for their poor start to this season, yet they are one place and one point better off than City.

When will Mr Lansdown and his board admit to their mistake in appointing Tinnion and make the necessary change? We have as yet not played any team with an ounce of quality, yet we have managed to lose 4 games from 9 in the league. I read that the word promotion has been banned from Ashton Gate, but current form would suggest relegation is a much more worrying scenario.

It appears one moment of madness in late May/early June has killed our season before it began.

Mr Lansdown, the time for change has come.

Guest Dolman Moaner
So Wednesday sack Chris Turner for their poor start to this season, yet they are one place and one point better off than City.

When will Mr Lansdown and his board admit to their mistake in appointing Tinnion and make the necessary change? We have as yet not played any team with an ounce of quality, yet we have managed to lose 4 games from 9 in the league. I read that the word promotion has been banned from Ashton Gate, but current form would suggest relegation is a much more worrying scenario.

It appears one moment of madness in late May/early June has killed our season before it began.

Hasn't Chris Turner been in charge for about 18 Months ?

Bit of a difference there eh.

I rarely post on here anymore because of all the drivel.

Your post certainly lives up to that.

:o

:D give him a chance.... :city:

Well I do not believe that the board would ever admit that.

I'd expect that Tinnion would walk before any changes were made.

If on the otherhand Tinnion is one for the future and he is to be given years to get it right, then we could be in for a slide as you point out.

My worries, stated before, are that Bristol City FC just end up as a team trying to consolidate our position in the third division (our true division) or lower.

Mr.Lansdown is his own man.... I think it unlikely that he will heed your call.

I have spoken up on a number of occasions about the contribution Lansdown has made to this club. However, what I have noticed is that when the heat is really on he has a tendency to disappear from media exposure.

I think the time has come for Lansdown to front up with the fans (especially the 8,500 who paid their money up front, at least the rest can vote with their feet). What is actually expected of Tinnion this season?

Will a "bedding in" season be acceptable with promotion the minimum requirement next season?

Or is promotion the minimum requirement this season, in which case, difficult decisions will have to be made. On what I have seen so far we are not going anywhere this season, particularly as Tinnion is learning his trade. It will be a very much hit and miss season.

Time for a bit of information and honesty Mr Lansdown.

I would write an essay, however, this post is just too laughable to waste that much effort!  :o  :D  :(  :yawn:  :D

It's cheered me up though!  :city:

It takes allsorts I suppose,didnt cheer me up though quite sad really ;) ;apparently we could of easily pulled it back when 2-0 Missed chances from Lita (with only goalie to beat)Murray and Butler as well see report on main site;

I have spoken up on a number of occasions about the contribution Lansdown has made to this club. However, what I have noticed is that when the heat is really on he has a tendency to disappear from media exposure.

I think the time has come for Lansdown to front up with the fans (especially the 8,500 who paid their money up front, at least the rest can vote with their feet). What is actually expected of Tinnion this season?

Will a "bedding in" season be acceptable with promotion the minimum requirement next season?

Or is promotion the minimum requirement this season, in which case, difficult decisions will have to be made. On what I have seen so far we are not going anywhere this season, particularly as Tinnion is learning his trade. It will be a very much hit and miss season.

Time for a bit of information and honesty Mr Lansdown.

While not wishing to contradict your thoughts, though I don't agree with all you have stated, have you ever tried to get a response from a top man at a major company?

I expect you would find it easier to get hold of and put a point to Mr.Lansdown.

I can't see that all of the 8,500 season ticket holders would all require an explanation of what is going on either?

As you say .... expect a hit & miss season..... and dare I state it now, no promotion? ...... I'd better not as it's not what I want either.

Not many top companies enjoy local media exposure every single day of the week and the chance to revel in the good times when they come along. Also, there are very few companies where 10,000 plus people hold such a passionate view of the companies performance as is the case with our football club.

Given this, Lansdown has to lead from the front and be seen and heard (as he is prone to do when the good times are around).

I agree that not all season ticket holders require an explanation. However I know "one or two" who bought their season tickets thinking the club were making a genuine attempt to get promoted this year.

No promotion this season - unless something dramatic happens, couldn't agree with you more - somewhere between 8th and 14th place I think.

Get a life, posts like these make me laugh. The second we lose a game it's this sort of trash, but where were you for the past 3 weeks when we won 3 in a row? Didn't have anything to moan about then did you  :Sleep12:

So lets all not bother having an opinion then taz? :city:

Lets hope your still smiling & have your life in tact by the end of the season.

So lets all not bother having an opinion then taz? :city:

Lets hope your still smiling & have your life in tact by the end of the season.

Who said anything about not having an opinion? It's obvious that people are going to be annoyed when we lose (especially in the manner that we did today), and also obvious that posts like this will appear. The thing that gets me is that it's always the same people that re-appear when we do lose - they're hardly about on here when all is rosy. They hardly ever have anything positive to say, but when things start going wrong......

Who said anything about not having an opinion? It's obvious that people are going to be annoyed when we lose (especially in the manner that we did today), and also obvious that posts like this will appear. The thing that gets me is that it's always the same people that re-appear when we do lose - they're hardly about on here when all is rosy. They hardly ever have anything positive to say, but when things start going wrong......

I will say this Taz, I don't feel annoyed at the result today..... but I will say that I'm disappointed with the result.

Tinnion shouldn't be judged after just nine games it's crazy, some of you seem to think were owed promotion, but why? we always fall short. Danny Wilson is a great young manager and he couldn't do it. You have to earn the right to get promoted and by sacking Tinnion and bringing in someone new is not the solution. Keep the faith, Tinman will do it is way and sort us out, if we can do better away from home we'll do ok. But he'll never walk out of this job, SL will have to drag him out by the scruff of his collar! :city:

Tinnion shouldn't be judged after just nine games it's crazy, some of you seem to think were owed promotion, but why? we always fall short. Danny Wilson is a great young manager and he couldn't do it. You have to earn the right to get promoted and by sacking Tinnion and bringing in someone new is not the solution. Keep the faith, Tinman will do it is way and sort us out, if we can do better away from home we'll do ok. But he'll never walk out of this job, SL will have to drag him out by the scruff of his collar! :city:

My suggestion was that, I'd expect that Tinnion would walk before any changes were made.

Meaning the board are not going to oust him, Tinnion would leave before that happened.

I don't expect that Tinnion 'will' walk either.

My faith is not in question but what I should reasonably expect from my team and club might need to be re-accessed?

Up The City!

As my dear old Nan Bristol used to say :o

Guest StAndrewsRed

I would agree that the start to the season, following the last few has been really dissapointing.

Although I am not going to beat Tinnion with a stick like so many seem to do, didn't SteveL say that this is a club that needs to go up, and it looks very much like we won't?

I am perfectly prepared to go with what SteveL says, and I suspect he will back his manager (as you would think).

If we went down, and Rovers came up, I couldn't show my face in Bristol, or cope with the invetable gloating.

good on yeah, tinnions got nothing to ashamed off, the jobs to big for him, even if millen moved on and an experianced coach came in would make me happier but i think we will just have to get on with are boardroom mistakes, I'm sick off the I love brian brigade, hes a top player and a top bloke but we cant just shake are shoulders and throw another season away.

i rekon this squad is good enough to go up, we just need to be playing the right system and the right players.

I'm for tinnion as assistant manager/coach

Guest Cardiffbantam
good on yeah, tinnions got nothing to ashamed off, the jobs to big for him, even if millen moved on and an experianced coach came in would make me happier but i think we will just have to get on with are boardroom mistakes, I'm sick off the I love brian brigade, hes a top player and a top bloke but we cant just shake are shoulders and throw another season away.

i rekon this squad is good enough to go up, we just need to be playing the right system and the right players.

I'm for tinnion as assistant manager/coach

I must say i was quite suprised today. I was expecting a really difficult game for the bantams. But alas....you were the worst we had seen this season. I think things will pick up 4 you though and the tinman will lead you to success this season.

R&R

Cardiff Bantams

For the attention of the Sheff Wed Board..... I hear Danny Wilson is available :city:

* goes off to hide in his hole *

Archived