IGNORED

Our Season So Far.....

mrevans

I listened to the Radio Bristol interview with Brian T and shuddered when he commented, "... that wasn't a 4-1 game..." etc, etc.

Actually it was Brian.

I think alot of us thought that maybe we'd turned the corner after 3 wins in a row. Now we've been beaten heavily I worry who Brian can turn to for advice on the coaching front.

The guys there; Millen, Taylor,etc, are short on experience, as are the academy coaches too when it comes to hard experience in league football.

Now I feel it's probably slill too early to talk about replacing Tinnion but with the pressure and expectation of the club's fans, would it not be worth thinking about bringing in someone as a Director of Football to help him?

I think we need to something soon or I can honestly see a mid-table finish on the cards. And after last season's disappointment that would be very hard to take.

...Oh yes! Do people honstly think we have played well this season? Even when we won 5-0 last week, Stockport still had their chances.

Sorry if I'm repeating earlier threads but as a fan of 20 years, I think this really is a make or break season for us. And at the moment I'm a worried man!!!

I think you are going to remain a worried man then.

Teams who get promoted do not go to places like Port Vale and Bradford and lose by THREE goals.

Teams who get promoted do not continually concede goals from set pieces.

Teams who get promoted do not continually fail to score from set pieces.

Teams who get promoted generally have two goalkeepers to pick from.

Teams who get promoted do not have a manager who is questioning the commitment of the players during the course of the season.

Teams who get promoted have an assistant manager who can make a difference.

Not many teams get promoted with a first year player manager.

Teams who get promoted do not have a Chairman who goes belly-aching to the FA before the game about another teams player.

Lets face it, Tinnion and Millen are learning their trade and we are going nowhere this year unless a major transformation occurs.

Teams who get promoted do not go to places like Port Vale and Bradford and lose by THREE goals.

Dead right there. QPR only lost by two goals, not three, at Vale last season. And they didn't play Bradford at all (but they did lose 4-2 at high-flying Chesterfield).

Even good teams have a few bad days at the office (including Arsenal - they save them up for the Champions League).

I think what he is trying to say is we cant lose many more games if we have any chance of Automatic promotion.

Its Harsh but I think the best we can look for is a Play Off place and that is at best.

Guest matalan31

Teams who get promoted do not have a manager who is questioning the commitment of the players during the course of the season.

that is exactly right a very VERY good post there and a great point

I think you are going to remain a worried man then.

Teams who get promoted do not have a Chairman who goes belly-aching to the FA before the game about another teams player.

Lets face it, Tinnion and Millen are learning their trade and we are going nowhere this year unless a major transformation occurs.

Those reason sum up why I cant see us going up this season :ph34r:

Archived