IGNORED

Darius Henderson

Oakleyson

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor...,890623,00.html

You have to ask why would we reveal interest if this was true and run the risk of upsetting the player or alerting others .... ?

According to the everso reliable Team Talk web page ... so must be true.

City Prepare Henderson Swoop

Bristol City player-boss Brian Tinnion has admitted he is interested in signing Gillingham striker Darius Henderson.

The 23-year-old forward has scored five goals in six games while on loan at Swindon this season but has recently returned to Priestfield after his one-month deal with the Robins expired.

Swindon have since had two bids for the former Reading forward rejected and Tinnion says he has been monitoring the situation carefully.

"As yet we have not made a bid for Darius Henderson but we are currently in the process of preparing an offer," he said.

"We are interested and have had him watched this season. We actually tried to get him before he went on loan to Swindon but missed out that time.

"I am not expecting anything to be sorted in the next few days but we will talk to Gillingham soon."

Guest matalan31
I hope so he could be a great signing for city and is a target man and he also scores goals.

i reckon that we should give miller heffernan gillespie and roberts a bit more time before we go signing anymore strikers

http://www.teamtalk.com/teamtalk/News/Stor...,890623,00.html

You have to ask why would we reveal interest if this was true and run the risk of upsetting the player  or alerting others  .... ?

According to the everso reliable Team Talk web page ... so must be true.

City Prepare Henderson Swoop

Bristol City player-boss Brian Tinnion has admitted he is interested in signing Gillingham striker Darius Henderson.

The 23-year-old forward has scored five goals in six games while on loan at Swindon this season but has recently returned to Priestfield after his one-month deal with the Robins expired.

Swindon have since had two bids for the former Reading forward rejected and Tinnion says he has been monitoring the situation carefully.

"As yet we have not made a bid for Darius Henderson but we are currently in the process of preparing an offer," he said.

"We are interested and have had him watched this season. We actually tried to get him before he went on loan to Swindon but missed out that time.

"I am not expecting anything to be sorted in the next few days but we will talk to Gillingham soon."

A big turnaround from this article then?

http://www.bcfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~562020,00.html

I don't rate Henderson at all, dunno how he's scoring at Swindon.

The bloke was useless at Reading, is 5th choice striker at Gillingham, and he's regularly injured too.

Is that really the sort of player we want, especially if the club want to push for promotion ????

I know we could do with a big man, but should we buy a player that has only been any good in a months loan at a different club ?

75K seems cheap to me.

We seem to be conceding goals to a lack of height at set pieces. Loss of Peacock and Carey two reasonably tall players and replaced them with Smith and Lita.

Lita will score more than Peacock no doubt but we have let in i think 8-10 goals from setpieces this season which cancels out the goals he has scored for us this season.

Wilsons tactics may of been boring at times but he knew the strenghs of the team and used the players accordingly. We seemed more compact as a team and not attacked so easily down wings.

Hopefully any tall striker will help out defensively and with some strength hold the ball up and bring in the wide guys a bit more.

BUT we could also do with a centre defender to sort out the set piece problem!

How can the defence that was the best in the Division become so poor so quickly ? The personel (except Carey) is the same. Could it be with something to do with the lack of ability on the coaching staff/management team ?

The Tinnion/Millen dream team :ph34r: would not be on any of the 91 other league teams short lists for managerial vacancies.

No wonder we're looked upon as a footballing backwater.

Don't think we should waste our money - Henderson isn't exactly a proven goal-scorer he is !!

Just because he's scored a few on the trot this season for Swineton, doesn't mean it will continue, he record shows that.

Sounds like desperation to me !!!

We've got enough strikers, two we signed during the off-season, and they haven't really been given a fair chance to prove themselves yet (Heff & Gilly).

Leroy is doing very well, Roberts is (hopefully) sorting himself out, and then there's Miller.

Don't bother with Henderson, I think he'll be a bad signing, and a knee jerk re-action, who we'll be stuck with for years on the treatment table.

:ph34r:

Archived